+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Rhaza'de Canyons Notes

Quote Originally Posted by Nithydux View Post

Mithe and his Pets

Group Composition:
    Tank
    3 ST DPS
    Tank Heals (Non chloro preferred)

Mechanics (Varies based on adds joining the fight):

Spider Add: This mob has an AoE that he periodically uses which will constantly interrupt any casts for a few seconds.

Golem Add: This mob will break apart when damaged enough into many smaller mobs and will very likely kill the tank before you realize what happened.

Wolf Add: No mechanics observed. (Yet)

Skywhale Add: Has an AoE confuse. It can be broken free of but he needs to die as soon as he spawns.

Krilladu Add: Hits the tank with a stacking heal debuff. Kill it.

6th Add (?): There's six pens with adds in them, didn't see the last one. Likewise it never joined the fight either.

Notes: There's a lot of tank healing that needs to be done, but it's doable. Chloro isn't recommended due to the lack of shielding. Again, simple boss, just burn him and the appropriate adds when they join the fight.
    Buncha chloro hatin goin ons around here =P

It's plenty do-able to heal as chloro, friends =D

edit* Just save your hard hitters like Corrosive Spores, insta- cast Natures Touch, Ruin, Bloom, insta-cast Healing Torrent, Essence Surge, Phantom Streams, and Symbiosis for those big hits. Use them wisely and burst-heal the tank back up. The bite is %health based so it is all about the ability to spike heal the tank back up. Very simple.
    Last edited by Deeew; 10-09-2015 at 12:24 AM.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post

You must accept your Primalist overlords!

Instance as a whole is a lot of fun as Preserver.
    12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM
    Lethaemis@Laethys 1600 Primalist

The bite is %health based so it is all about the ability to spike heal the tank back up. Very simple.
    Does that mean that tank in dps gear would be easier to heal there? :P
    We had chloro in far worse gear than the tank, this might have caused additional issues if this is % based...

And I'm not saying that a chloro can't do it, I'm saying that I don't see average chloro doing it while puri does it with ease

General of Telara

hm, dunno for chloro, had only lib and puri yet to heal me, but if lib can, i think chloro should be fine too, as for bite, it's only interuptable thing there, and not comes so often. Only thing cause raid wipe was golem, way too many damage incomming with his little friends

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Geosphaera View Post
    See:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5128409

Standing the in AoE did the trick for us, although I am not confident that it actually helps or that I was extremely lucky, or good with cooldown timing.
    as far as taking care of the bosses 500% dmg rage buff goes , it was always dispelled before he came to eat me when i did the following- keep boss and yourslef out of the solar flare beams that connect the crystals no need to stand in them . stay near the boss during solar flare, the next spell he casts after that ( forgot the name ) places red circle at tanks location, stay out of the red. i found that keeping that red circle close to the boss and kiting him through it removed the 500% rage buff every time. i did try kiting the boss through the solar flare beams to remove the buff, didnt work. so im not sure if it was kiting him through the red circle after solar flare or keeping the boss out of the solar flare beams that did the trick but thats what worked for me =P good luck .

I chloro healed my way through the dungeon and secured the Faeblight Shard first for completion.

Chloro OP.
    Everything after Storm Legion was a mistake. ()

General of Telara

Default Ranger weapons

Any dev could tell if ranged weapons from new dungeon will get proc on upgrade in future? Cause as it is now, ranged weapon without proc is worse than epic from old experts, not even talking about 24k ACM for upgrading it

Rift Master

The bite is %health based so it is all about the ability to spike heal the tank back up. Very simple.
    Regarding bite damage it shouldn't be an issue at all anyway since it's interruptable. or atleast I think it was, was awake for like 48 hours when I tanked it so kinda fuzzy on alot of what went down lol. The difficulty of this boss seems to vary alot by which add you get. We got the spider and just had someone @focus int and we ignored it and burned the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Artak View Post
    Regarding bite damage it shouldn't be an issue at all anyway since it's interruptable. or atleast I think it was, was awake for like 48 hours when I tanked it so kinda fuzzy on alot of what went down lol. The difficulty of this boss seems to vary alot by which add you get. We got the spider and just had someone @focus int and we ignored it and burned the boss.
    Yup, u is correctumundo.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

General of Telara

bump

will ranged weapons get proc in future hotfixes?

I really enjoyed this dungeon, but I probably won't play through it again.

Why? No-one seems to want to do it twice, it takes longer than a normal expert and gives the same rewards - path of least resistance and all that.

I'll probably go in to help guildies get the achievements done. After that, there isn't enough desire to run it again. I had to beg 3 others who had done it before to run it again with me.

Release a Master Version with a couple of pieces of BiS loot and i'd be all over it.

We are currently actively recruiting, if you are an exceptional player of any class please find an officer in game for a chat - Guild info is Here

CoA 6/6 (World 1st NM, 5th HM) - iROTP 4/4 (EU 1st Non-cheese kill!) - TD Normal 4/4 (World 2nd)

12.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #42
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Ramcius View Post
    Any dev could tell if ranged weapons from new dungeon will get proc on upgrade in future? Cause as it is now, ranged weapon without proc is worse than epic from old experts, not even talking about 24k ACM for upgrading it
    Those ranged weapons will have procs after this week's update.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Dev_Orren View Post
    ty for answer

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Dev_Orren View Post
    Am I hallucinating or did they say on the livestream that hit pieces would upgrade to 150 hit as well?

It's a very doable dungeon more or less; you may need at least 1100 hit on most (if not all) your group to make it through without any serious issues. Mechanics-wise this is NOT queue-friendly at all
    Last edited by Cookiez217; 10-12-2015 at 11:09 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast