+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: WTF is a DEV character doing in a live warfront?

Why the hell is somebody complaining about a Dev playing the game that he/she is working on?

This thread shouldn't even exist

Quote Originally Posted by Wackywoo View Post
    Why the hell is somebody complaining about a Dev playing the game that he/she is working on?

This thread shouldn't even exist
    Well, sure it should, if only to give us all a heads up on whose posts NOT to pay attention to? [Meaning OP, of course, in case anyone was confused....]
    Last edited by Narcise; 10-03-2015 at 06:09 PM.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    happens once in awhile, i queued into a blighted against kerilar during SL.

he got rekt lol
    I'm pretty sure blighted didn't appear on live until NMT launched.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    I'm pretty sure blighted didn't appear on live until NMT launched.
    I quit playing 2 days before 3.0 so I can figure this out easily.

It indeed was live before NMT .

...I did get that reward once when devs were on the prowl and you got a reward if you got a KB on a dev. I remember finding a dev in Black Garden and going relentless Sin. He was MM and got ponied.
    Last edited by Violacea; 10-03-2015 at 06:42 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Thumbs up

Would like to see a challenge match on stream. Pre-made best pvp'ers vs. Team Devo! Thumbs up for that.

Well at least they aren't impersonating players and influencing match mechanics and outcomes in their favor.

Hahahahahahaha.
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-
    | VIRALIST: 65 |

i guess seeing a dev in a wf is a good thing.maybe it would lead to some pvp changes that have needed fixing for a very long time now.on the other hand a dev does not need to play a wf to know half the problems in pvp,they can simply read about it.so i dont really know why so many have posted in this thread.a dev in a wf does not = major pvp changes coming.

either way it does not matter a new class is coming out and im sure its going to mess pvp over more then it already is.hell i would be happy to seen them update the level 60 flavor runes and the like,but its not happening.
    Last edited by butkus; 10-04-2015 at 05:19 AM.
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

Quote Originally Posted by butkus View Post
    i guess seeing a dev in a wf is a good thing.maybe it would lead to some pvp changes that have needed fixing for a very long time now.on the other hand a dev does not need to play a wf to know half the problems in pvp,they can simply read about it.so i dont really know why so many have posted in this thread.a dev in a wf does not = major pvp changes coming.

either way it does not matter a new class is coming out and im sure its going to mess pvp over more then it already is.hell i would be happy to seen them update the level 60 flavor runes and the like,but its not happening.
    Nah, the reason the class balance is so messed up in the first place is because the devs pvp.

I think the truth is a little too horrific for the ignorant and naive.
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-

Quote Originally Posted by V1rul3n7 View Post
    I think the truth is a little too horrific for the ignorant and naive.
    Lol. As you grow up, you'll find that the truth is rarely as horrific as you think. But hey, never let common sense get in the way of a perfectly good conspiracy theory.;)

Quote Originally Posted by MisterWibble View Post
    Lol. As you grow up, you'll find that the truth is rarely as horrific as you think. But hey, never let common sense get in the way of a perfectly good conspiracy theory.;)
    It happens in every other game, why would rift be any exception?

You're wrong.

And labeling it as a conspiracy theory, well that sounds similar to something I wont bother bringing up here.

Quote Originally Posted by V1rul3n7 View Post
    It happens in every other game, why would rift be any exception?
    That's a rather bold statement, because "every other game" is a really large pool. I can ask you the same though; Why would Rift be the same? You think you're right, and that's ok. It's not like I'll ever convince you otherwise.

PvP class balance in Rift is messed up because the devs listen too closely to the players. The worst of this is that the nerfs spill over into PvE more often than not.

A dev playing VK in a warfront? THERE IS ONLY 1 POSSIBILITY

caught in the act :O
    Last edited by Orangu; 10-04-2015 at 07:27 PM.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Warfyre View Post
    If his presence makes even one person on the opposing team think "oh ****, they have a dev on their team, this isn't fair" then...
    that player needs to go cry to his mommy, so she can kiss it and make it better?

Exactly how does a Dev tag give their team an advantage? If they're not arbitrarily one-shotting people, or using some other hack, any complaints are just whining.
    Last edited by Bloodspeaker; 10-05-2015 at 06:32 PM.
    Of course they sent you back from one of the futures in which we failed, Defiant. Why would they return you from one of those in which we succeeded?

Rift Disciple

What a troll thread. Devs on live servers is dream for most of the MMO games.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    To answer the question in the title, the Dev is playing RIFT. Participating in an activity known as PvP. This is what we like to refer to in the technical terms as a "Good Thing".
    I wish that SWTOR devs could do the same to test their awful balance!

Prophet of Telara

Man, in every other online game I play the arrival of a Dev is a rare and cool thing and people will drop what they're doing to come over and have a look or a chat or a gank attempt Accusations of 'devs don't play their own game!' are hard to bring up when these visits happen.
    I will not delete my characters for an unwated server merge.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast