+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Opinion on GM response turn around time....

Question Opinion on GM response turn around time....

Hey all,

I was wondering what everyone's experience has been with Rift's GM turn around time on answering PMs. I have had occasions in the past when it was the same day. I have other occasions it has taken over a week.

What are your experiences with GMs responding to PMs? What SHOULD be the typical/standard response time be for a GM in a AAA MMO? What is reasonable amount of time to wait for a Trion GM to respond? Should response time be connected to patron status/post count/join date/or community status?

Thoughts......?

SEPICTANK

If you are patron, you have access to live chat.

Tickets are handled by priority probably, so account & payment issues get sorted fast, ingame stuff slower.

I would say a full f2p has a right on answers within 14 days (except really important issues), paying players should be handled within 3 days.

Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Seshatar View Post
    If you are patron, you have access to live chat.

Tickets are handled by priority probably, so account & payment issues get sorted fast, ingame stuff slower.

I would say a full f2p has a right on answers within 14 days (except really important issues), paying players should be handled within 3 days.

Just my 2 cents.

Makes sense. Any personal experiences?

SEPTICTANK

Livechat works well, tickets usually get resolved within 1-3 days for me.

Depends on the question/topic. If its something to do with items it can be faster than "omg I vendored my dye"
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

"answering PMs" sounds like you are private messaging Trion employees on this forum, which is NOT the proper place to ask for game support or report bugs. submit a ticket or use live chat for that. My ticket response times have been 1-3 days (I've never used live chat)
    As for time frame for answering forum PMs, there is no SLA, and just because you do not receive a response doesn't mean your PM was not read. When I've PM'd Ocho or Tacitus they've replied to me in a few days.

I also experienced a 1 to 3 days max from a "ticket" (not a PM). After the first ticket response, replies back and forth are daily until resolved.

EDIT: I am not a Patron
    Last edited by Azteck; 09-30-2015 at 11:54 AM.

Patron here and takes 2-5 weeks to get an answer if geting one at all... Last ticket i sent was late june i think.
    Live chat takes 4-7 hours to get a reply.
    Guildmaster of Wanderers of Ice and Snow

Quote Originally Posted by Snibelsnaps
    Patron here and takes 2-5 weeks to get an answer if geting one at all... Last ticket i sent was late june i think.
    Live chat takes 4-7 hours to get a reply.
    lol, is your problem description 'i haz problem'?

I'm not a patron and I usually get answered within 1 week, 2 weeks tops.

Having said that I've only submitted two tickets before lol.
    Last edited by Narielia; 09-30-2015 at 11:58 AM.
    "When the last tree is cut, the last fish is caught, and the last river is polluted; when to breathe the air is sickening, you will realize, too late, that wealth is not in bank accounts and that you canít eat money."

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    "answering PMs" sounds like you are private messaging Trion employees on this forum, which is NOT the proper place to ask for game support or report bugs. submit a ticket or use live chat for that.
    Hello... this makes sense in general. However, in the situation I am referring to the GM has asked to be PMed about this issue and others like it. I will add that live support has been mostly helpful and quickly resolved issues. I have heard some people say 1-3 days (common posters) and others who have said 1-3 weeks to get a response back from a GM. I know correlaton =/= causation BUT it can give the appearence of the squeeky wheel gets the grease.

SEPTICTANK

Sounds like the GM was just requesting info and wasn't intending to respond to your PM
    "When the last tree is cut, the last fish is caught, and the last river is polluted; when to breathe the air is sickening, you will realize, too late, that wealth is not in bank accounts and that you canít eat money."

Quote Originally Posted by Narielia View Post
    Sounds like the GM was just requesting info and wasn't intending to respond to your PM
    Absolutely understandable. I guess it would be helpful/nice to hear back "I got your info/feedback. Thank you." To me it just makes sense for good customer service
    ... heck just the polite thing to do.

SEPTICTANK

Quote Originally Posted by Bringer View Post
    Hey all,

I was wondering what everyone's experience has been with Rift's GM turn around time on answering PMs. I have had occasions in the past when it was the same day. I have other occasions it has taken over a week.

SEPICTANK

Sending PMs to GMs or CMs is not the way to handle game issues. Submit a ticket, one ticket. More than one just puts you back at the end of the queue.

If you are Patron, you will have access to live chat. My chats get answered in no more than 20 min or so on average. Longer on holidays and such, never more than a couple of days depending on the issue.

Issues are triaged. If it's game breaking it will zoom to the top much quicker than an "oops I vendored my pants/ mount/ genesis pylon."

Patron tickets retain priority.

Champion of Telara Sargonnas_KoA's Avatar

The last two times I put in a ticket for support it took less than a day for the first response and about a day and a half for the second. Both were over the last six months.

I am a patron

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast