+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Opinion on GM response turn around time....

Quote Originally Posted by Bringer View Post
    Absolutely understandable. I guess it would be helpful/nice to hear back "I got your info/feedback. Thank you." To me it just makes sense for good customer service
    ... heck just the polite thing to do.

SEPTICTANK
    I completely agree septictank.

I always make sure that my customers aren't left in the dark.

Something would of left that door open for you in your mind that led you to believe otherwise - that the GM was going to respond to that info. This is not a dig at you. You've done nothing wrong, and I'm going to try shed some light on the issue you just raised.

Basically you weren't given the right service. This is usually driven by fear.

What I'm trying to say is, you weren't told that you wouldn't/couldn't/shouldn't be responded to because the GM was too afraid to say it. Or had a preconceived idea that you already knew this. Unfortunately most businesses that don't stand behind their reputation will put this back on the customer saying it's your fault. This is not good customer service, and certainly isn't good business practice (It actually compounds the issue further). Aside from the fact that it places blame on the customer, it's a recipe for more issues later on down the track. (As I said they certainly didn't paint a picture of what to expect next).

I always ensure that if I'm going out of my way at work to handle something, I make sure I'm going to handle it, and I cover my bases. IE: If I knew I couldn't/wouldn't/shouldn't respond to a PM but still wanted you to PM me I'd say something like:

"This is something I don't normally do, but are you able to forward that info on to me in a PM? I probably won't respond because it's not something we do very often, and as I'm sure you can appreciate, I'm very busy at the best of times, however, if you could send that info across, we could at least look in to the matter." or words to those effect.

That way, you get the idea that if you want to follow up on the matter, you'd have to do it yourself via the appropriate means, and it does not create issues later on down the line.

Providing good customer service means tackling things pro-actively as opposed to re-actively (most businesses fail here). This includes but is not limited to any potential issues one can see. So it's not as easy as everyone makes it out to be. It's not just about being polite. You need great interpersonal and communication skills, great mental fortitude, discipline, and integrity.
    Last edited by Narielia; 09-30-2015 at 04:01 PM.
    "When the last tree is cut, the last fish is caught, and the last river is polluted; when to breathe the air is sickening, you will realize, too late, that wealth is not in bank accounts and that you canít eat money."

Shield of Telara

I think part of it has to do with what the issue is. Things that are generally pretty simple/common issues I get a response rather quickly, even really late at night. Things that might be more complicated and requires research seems to take longer.

Tickets usually take a day or 2 .. Live chat is a couple hours ( doesn't mean they fix it right away or pass all the correct information to the correct person/department)......... PM so far = zero response.
    Last edited by Minenotyours; 09-30-2015 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Minenotyours View Post
    Tickets usually take a day or 2 .. Live chat is a couple hours ( doesn't mean they fix it right away or pass all the correct information to the correct person/department)......... PM so far = zero response.
    Thanks for the information. It is helpful to know what to expect etc....

SEPTICTANK

Shadowlander

I've submitted a total of 3 tickets in the past...

The first was to reset my original account email/password so i could recover my old toons, this was answered within a couple hours of submission and sorted promptly

The second and third were due to bugs, one because i won a roll on Bloodfire Shoulders in NTE but didn't actually get them, the other i can't remember. Both of these took a week.

My conclusion from this was that if it stops you from playing they'll sort it quicker otherwise it goes on to a longer queue.

Bam.

EDIT: My original acc was Patron/subbed for 6 months but not when i submitted the ticket, I WAS Patron for the second and third but didn't use live chat.
    Last edited by Bamber; 10-01-2015 at 12:46 AM.

Rift Chaser

1-3 days in my experience. This includes guildies who have runebroke their tier 2 armour pieces and vendored threngar relics. The GM's are pretty good at getting to you, even for the stupid things we all do
    <Harshmallows> Gelidra shard

Kuurgan - Level 65 Warrior
    Macleodd - Level 65 Mage
    Ramirezz - Level 65 Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Wicksy View Post
    This includes guildies who have runebroke their tier 2 armour pieces and vendored threngar relics.
    Lol dang that would really stink. I would be very upset at myself IF I RB my stuff.

SEPTICTANK

Quote Originally Posted by Seshatar View Post
    lol, is your problem description 'i haz problem'?
    Nope... Last one was geting the mastermode instance lock for doing the normal mode version
    Guildmaster of Wanderers of Ice and Snow

Soulwalker

I have only filed 1 ticket in Rift, that was 5 months ago. My minions got lost in an update and support worked with me over a span of 2 weeks to roll back my minions. Overall response was excellent and updates to our situation came daily while it was being sorted out. At that time I was a patron.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Bringer View Post
    Lol dang that would really stink. I would be very upset at myself IF I RB my stuff.

SEPTICTANK
    Yah, we had a guildie nearly in tears over that. Thankfully Trion provides support for nubs
    <Harshmallows> Gelidra shard

Kuurgan - Level 65 Warrior
    Macleodd - Level 65 Mage
    Ramirezz - Level 65 Rogue

Shadowlander

Default Yo-yo effect

When I first started to play Rift, it would 1-2 weeks before getting a response. I was F2P at that time. Then I got patron. No issues, but then when I would, it would still take a LOT of updating my tickets and it would still be a week or so before getting help. After tearing them apart on surveys (and spending over 14 hours on 2 days for live help and hubby getting pissed of the lack of help and I have been trying to get him to play RIFT for ages now. So why refer him to play when he sees I'm frustrated with problems). You NEVER know who your costumers are trying to refer the game to and if they are living with them. Their family and friends are witnessing the experience(s). And customer service is the vital to success.

They were doing great till this last survey came out and I was praising them. I'm now 5 days waiting for an answer for one ticket and 19 hours on another. Getting frustrated, annoyed and angry. Only got the automated one saying that it's being reviewed and that they'll get back to me "shortly".

Quote Originally Posted by Countess Felicia View Post
    After tearing them apart on surveys (and spending over 14 hours on 2 days for live help and hubby getting pissed of the lack of help and I have been trying to get him to play RIFT for ages now. So why refer him to play when he sees I'm frustrated with problems). You NEVER know who your costumers are trying to refer the game to and if they are living with them. Their family and friends are witnessing the experience(s). And customer service is the vital to success.

In the same spot with my husband..... we started playing in 2011 ...left for awhile.. came back..... he uninstalled Rift last year from his computer after issues with tickets and customer service....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2