+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: G4TV Interview with Scott Hartsman

I for one would also like to see massive dungeon complexes with all different levels catered for. Like for example you could have a castle with ground floor and stables beings level 20 content, top floor and ramparts being level 30 and the deep dungeons under the castle level 50 content. Also each zone should contain multiple tiers of content - then people have reason to come back to old zones instead of them just being quest and forget.

Worst is when they make an expansion that includes a new island/dimension/continent and then leaves the old ones deserted wastelands. Far far better to put in a bunch of cool new areas in the current world as Blizzard have recently realised it seems.

Official Rift Fan Site Operator Ciovala's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skorne View Post
    I for one would also like to see massive dungeon complexes with all different levels catered for. Like for example you could have a castle with ground floor and stables beings level 20 content, top floor and ramparts being level 30 and the deep dungeons under the castle level 50 content. Also each zone should contain multiple tiers of content - then people have reason to come back to old zones instead of them just being quest and forget.

Worst is when they make an expansion that includes a new island/dimension/continent and then leaves the old ones deserted wastelands. Far far better to put in a bunch of cool new areas in the current world as Blizzard have recently realised it seems.
    Totally agree! Any games that have done this? It's something I'd also love to see but have yet to experience.

They do need to work something out like this to prevent the empty zone syndrome as the game ages...

A wiki is only as good as its contributors won't you help?
    The original Rift Wiki - EN DE FR
    [Add a guild] [Add an Item] [Add a Quest]

Quote Originally Posted by Skorne View Post

Absolutely, I would love to see a dungeon that is as vast to travel from one city to another, travel there by land, underground or any other particular way, even a midpoint trading post or city.

Quote Originally Posted by Linolea View Post
    Interesting stuff. I have always contested that it should not be a difficult task to pilfer (I am a rogue ... it comes naturally) the best ideas from other MMOs and incoporate them into one game. They all do it to an extent. Glad to hear some Vanguard refugees made it out alive... freakin travesty what happened there. Kudos to the guys that toughed it out to try and deliver.

BTW Hi Zinn ;)
    Hi Lin. Nice to see ya. Say hi to Neema for me.

Soulwalker

Thanks for the link! I am currently back to Vanguard SoH as I missed the feel of a huge open world that is lacking in all of the other MMORPG's I have played (and I have played them all). Looking forward to hearing more about this game, but not getting my hopes up too high.

Cheers mate... Didnt see that one ^^

+ Rep

Thanks for the link. Sounds really interesting!

The thing that bored me out of most MMO's is that people just race to the end to do the raid content. I like to take my time and work my way through content and enjoy the game all the way up.

There will always be people that burn through the levels to reach the end game and they should be able to do that. What I would like to see is a way that if you want to take the time to fully explore the world as you level you can end up with a more well rounded character when you reach the end game.

I love to group with other people that want to advance their characters and enjoy the game and not to just have someone PL me through the game. If we can find ways to encourage people to spend more time working their way through content it would be a lot more fun for me.

Quote Originally Posted by anagain View Post
    No, that's not what I meant. I do however feel that people have latched on to WoW that do not understand the origins of the MMO. The fact that many people will believe that WoW is the true MMO echos that entirely. WoW did little good for the genre. It just created a vast chasm of second rate games and made too many people want the diluted water that is WoW.

Congrats to Blizzard on making a game that made them a packet, but in my opinion they did little to improve the genre. Titles were original and promised to continue to be original until WoW came a long and made every one think we needed more like it. Brad was turned by the multitudes of WoWites and Vanguard lost it's shine. Let's not have another one.

Yes, I'm damning of the game. But, like I congratulate Blizzard on doing well, I will not deny that WoW has done well at what it aims to do, but I stand by my views of what it did to the genre.

If Telara comes out as watered down as WoW then I may as well wave good bye to the genre. I'd be happy to because I don't want to play a levelling treadmill. Telara has appealed to me because it's not that.
    Excellent post, you nailed it !
    Dual Targeting - The Targeting System of the Modern MMO

If the Lord of the Rings movie trilogy was made by today's MMO designers, the first 8 hours would be condensed into 30 minutes, and the last hour would be stretched out over 8.5 hours. It would be all about 'The Ending' and not about 'The Journey'.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7