+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Daily Carnage: Scout Captain Feldain and Activating Arclight Attractors

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default Daily Carnage: Scout Captain Feldain and Activating Arclight Attractors

Hey all! Very sorry for the problems with these two quests this time around. For now I have set them to Auto-complete. Fixes are in and these quests will be working normally next time this event runs, but for this week, just taking the quests each day will net you the reward. Enjoy!
    Michael Hansen
    Game Designer - Live Content

Rift Disciple

Default how to trigger the auto-completion

I cleared King's breach this morning on EU(Gelidra) @level 42 and scout didn't spawn. I just now logged back in and the quest/achieve didn't autocomplete. How do we get it to trigger?

just cleared king brech and no captain or no autocomplete

Rift Chaser

It's like Trion doesn't even know how their own game works. The carnage quest cannot auto complete because you don't actually pick the quest up until you kill the mob, and since the mob is not spawning right now we can't get the quest.

I appreciate you actually looking into this, but it is pretty sad that you don't understand how carnage quests work.
    Dreezie

Quote Originally Posted by Doood View Post
    It's like Trion doesn't even know how their own game works. The carnage quest cannot auto complete because you don't actually pick the quest up until you kill the mob, and since the mob is not spawning right now we can't get the quest.

I appreciate you actually looking into this, but it is pretty sad that you don't understand how carnage quests work.
    Uhmm... I am pretty sure that by "autocomplete", they just set the status of the carnage quest as finished, to all characters. With that said, however, it didn't autocomplete for me, and evidently, others as well. Finally there's a promo where I haven't already claimed the one free lock box, and I can't complete it. Please fix it!

Rift Disciple

I am unable to get this to work either. As pointed out earlier, how do we get this quest when it is triggered by killing a mob?
    Last edited by Skrell; 09-18-2015 at 12:33 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by DeLivia View Post
    Uhmm... I am pretty sure that by "autocomplete", they just set the status of the carnage quest as finished, to all characters.
    That is obviously not what they did. When quests auto complete, they are completed as soon as you pick them up. That would be fine if we could actually pick up the carnage quest, but that is not how carnage quests work. I don't often call Trion out on this stuff, but like I said before, it's just sad that they didn't realize this "fix" would be useless for the one mob carnage quest.
    Last edited by Doood; 09-18-2015 at 01:02 PM.
    Dreezie

Quote Originally Posted by Doood View Post
    That is obviously not what they did. When quests auto complete, they are completed as soon as you pick them up. That would be fine if we could actually pick up the carnage quest, but that is not how carnage quests work. I don't often call Trion out on this stuff, but like I said before, it's just sad that they didn't realize this "fix" would be useless for the one mob carnage quest.
    Except they must have done something right, as I saw multiple people mentioning in the crossevents chat that it automatically finished for them.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by DeLivia View Post
    Except they must have done something right, as I saw multiple people mentioning in the crossevents chat that it automatically finished for them.
    So the achievement is auto completing? That's what needs to happen.
    Dreezie

10.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #10
    Rift Team

Hello again everyone. The Carnage quest fix didn't work, as some of you pointed out. Unfortunately, while this has a permanent fix, it won't be pushed out until next week's hotfix, which means that for this run of the event, unfortunately, you will not be able to do the carnage daily, except next Wednesday (the day of the hotfix), and the morning of Thursday (the day the event ends). Never fear, the event will run again, we will have more information about when at a future time.
    Michael Hansen
    Game Designer - Live Content

Shadowlander

Oh right thats completely not totally disappointing after using aventurine on the quests to farm them and doing a boring low level dungeon that i cant complete it now...
    Can you please answer the tickets ppl made and set it for them who asked on livechat to "complete"? I know its possible, cause the last time a quest bugged (the bore mounts) exactly that is how the issue was resolved.
    Thanks for your help

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by eaZytheoneandonly View Post
    Oh right thats completely not totally disappointing after using aventurine on the quests to farm them and doing a boring low level dungeon that i cant complete it now...
    Can you please answer the tickets ppl made and set it for them who asked on livechat to "complete"? I know its possible, cause the last time a quest bugged (the bore mounts) exactly that is how the issue was resolved.
    Thanks for your help
    I don't think you actually realize the problem. Take a minute to actually think about it. The quest itself is not bugged. They just didn't activate the mob in KB to be abler to do the quest. Also, they can't auto complete a quest that you never even got. BUT, if you DID get the quest then it would have auto completed on it's own, because it is a ONE MOB CARNAGE. As soon as you kill the mob you get the quest and it is completed all at once (like the elite one mob carnage quests).

The only thing they could do is just auto complete the ACHIEVEMENT so people could get their free box. But I don't think that is really a viable option. Just wait till after the hotfix on wednesday, then take 5 minutes to go in and kill the thing.
    Last edited by Doood; 09-18-2015 at 04:02 PM.
    Dreezie

Plane Touched

NIIIIICE.

congrats TRIN0, the QA team strikes again.
    Last edited by phartoute; 09-18-2015 at 06:40 PM.

Somehow i did get the auto complete.. Was in RoF Chronicle and i killed the first boss on hardmode and exactly at that time i got it. Summoned a mailbox and got the trove in the mail.

Guess it was just luck it did came through for me?

Shadowlander

Yea Doood, doing the same stuff over and over again till the reward finally is in your bag works if you have time to do that or if you can play on that day, which in the last case, im not sure about if i can manage it the next week.
    Also i did pick all the quests and had the daily carnage on my rogue, then yesterday i was on my mage - the quest autocompleted while i was on my mage (where i never touched the quest) - the quest was gone for my rogue. So there is something really gone wrong. I still consider this a bugged quest if it randomly autocompletes on characters you are on and disappears on characters you are not on at the moment.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast