+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cheated yet again by RNG, Arclight, 7000 aventurines, gone.

Default Cheated yet again by RNG, Arclight, 7000 aventurines, gone.

over 50 flips, 7000 aventurines burned, did the correct arclight shuffle card pop for the daily? no ofc, welcome yet again to you get what u deserve; Never.

that's now over 13,000 aventurines burned on this daily since it appeared in the game.

Ouch, Yeah RNG suck big time.

I just spent 10K adventurine with Jineth up and didn't get any promo adventure neither

RNG.
    Live the dream,

Telaran

Hey, I've asked Snedhepl and Tacitus if they could please manually adjust the number of Arclight Infiltration missions Jineth attracts during the event to 6 as it should but it looks like once again we only get the usual 1.

I'm still 0/5 on the 10h missions after so many months and I'm not going to spend up to 27,000+ aventurine to get one.

Here's a breakdown of the cost of the Mission: Arclight Power Source achievement (10h one) per attract rate I sent them hoping it would make the team react:

10h cards shuffle costs:
    Aventurine = 270/364/492/664/896 [stop shuffling after the 4th card because the 5th one costs more than total send+hurry cost]
    Credits = 135/135/135/135/135

10h cards hurry cost:
    Aventurine = 250 to send + 545 to hurry = 795
    Credits = 117 to send + 270 to hurry = 387 [don't hurry with credits unless you need the rewards, shuffling is way less expensive]

1. Standard day rate (after it became a permanent thing):
    Jineth attracts 1 promo event card in the 36 cards 10h adventures deck
    That's 37 cards total
    All cards have a 1h cooldown
    Worst case scenario, you need to shuffle/hurry 36 cards within 1h to get 1 promo event adventure
    Aventurine cost = 270 + 364 + 492 + 664 + 795 x 32 + 250 to send the promo card = 27,480
    Credits cost = 135 * 36 + 117 to send the promo card = 4,977
    The achievement requires you to do 5 of those promo event adventures total
    Total aventurine cost = 27,480 x 5 = 137,400
    Total credits cost = 4,977 x 5 = 24,885

2. Promo event rate (as originally intended):
    Jineth attracts 6 promo event cards in the 36 cards 10h adventures deck
    That's 42 cards total
    All cards have a 1h cooldown
    Worst case scenario, you need to shuffle/hurry 40 cards within 1h to get all 5 promo event adventures
    Aventurine cost = 270 + 364 + 492 + 664 + 795 x 36 + 250 to send the 5th promo card = 30,660
    Credits cost = 135 x 36 + 387 x 4 + 117 to send the 5th promo card = 6,525

So it went from 30,600 aventurine to 137,400 and from 6,525 credits to 24,885 (worst case scenario because it's the only sane way to approach RNG).

great stat crunching )
    do trion even test their own shizzle?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Meliannia View Post
    great stat crunching )
    do trion even test their own shizzle?
    No they don't. They just push it through and wait for people to throw money at their screens.

Telaran

Don't shuffle! Shuffling does not put the shuffled card on cooldown. Just send a minion and hurry the mission. You'll still need a lot of aventurine, but you'll also end up with tons of artifacts and mats to sell. I successfully completed the meta achievement this way.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Aoxo View Post
    Don't shuffle! Shuffling does not put the shuffled card on cooldown.
    Yes it does, Snedhepl was very explicit about this when he summed up shuffling on those very same forums:

Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post
    Every time you shuffle that adventure goes on cooldown and you can't get it again for a period of time. (source)

Champion

Just ignore this promotion. Don't try to force the missions. You can work on this achievement at your own pace. Just make sure Jineth is up AT ALL TIMES, no exceptions and run your 8h/10h missions as usual. The special missions will appear eventually.

(Shuffling cards wasn't introduced in a way you would expect. It does not remove the shuffled card from the deck so your chances aren't getting any better the more often you do it. It just gets more expensive without getting more effective. Don't do it. Your aventurine is much better spent on hurrying missions.)

I rather save up my adventurine for Autumn Harvest..

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Yali View Post
    Shuffling cards wasn't introduced in a way you would expect. It does not remove the shuffled card from the deck so your chances aren't getting any better the more often you do it. It just gets more expensive without getting more effective. Don't do it. Your aventurine is much better spent on hurrying missions.
    Really? Blah... Then I'm thankful to people who learned this the hard way.

I'm glad I crunched those numbers though, and deemed it "not worth it" as it's even worse than it should be.

Mechanics that cost credits should be explained in detail in a tooltip.

I don't even want to guess how many credits or aventurine people spent on those "Shuffle" buttons thinking it would work as intended.

*heavy sigh*

Shadowlander

Same here, guys. Tried 5-15 min missions, 1 min missions and 8 hr missions. 10 hr is an overkill but will have a few tries. No luck so far.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by GolfWang View Post
    I rather save up my adventurine for Autumn Harvest..
    They nerfed the chance to get a free trove through 10h seasonal event missions a while back so I wouldn't get my hopes high if I were you:

Quote Originally Posted by Archonix View Post
    While they no longer reward as often as Fae Yule and Autumn Harvest, 6 star promo rewards should still have a chance to award Friendship Bracelets and Promo Boxes.
    People were really excited about running 10h promo aventures the first few times.

And now all I see in my guild chat during seasonal events regarding minions are sentences like "hey, guess what? I got crap from my 10h promo adventure, again...".

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Basile View Post
    They nerfed the chance to get a free trove through 10h seasonal event missions a while back so I wouldn't get my hopes high if I were you:
    I would even go a bit further and assume that the chances are zero again for one reason or another when the event launches. And that even if it's supposed to work it's not going to work for at least a week.

+ Reply to Thread