+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: I give up Simon.

Default I give up Simon.

4 nearing 5 hours on that puzzle. You win this round, but I'll be back.
    Everything after Storm Legion was a mistake. ()

RIP.

/tencharsbruh
    Niou Glitterdance - 70 The Silent
    Wikstrom Seihachi - 6- The Relentless
    -= Faeblight =-

Person behind me figured it out seems, either way the puzzle is broken. Can't complete it.
    Last edited by McChaffe; 09-11-2015 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by McChaffe View Post
    Person behind me figured it out seems, either way the puzzle is broken. Can't complete it.
    Confused if the person behind you figured it out, how can the puzzle be broken?
    If it was broken no one could figure it out.

Which puzzle? lol

The puzzle doesn't seem to be broken. Just did it just then. 1st time gave a "A Puzzle Piece" item. Chances are there's quite a few more out there. Tried doing it again. Gave me a random dimension "Building Block: Blue Marble Tile". So like the other puzzles in Nightmare Tide, the main reward is only rewarded once. Other times gives you fluff.

Chances are there's a lot of different puzzles in the zone or something similar and this is simply the one we know of thanks to the livestream where Dead Simon showed it off.

If you look at it, there's 3 achieves to repair 3 mosaics. I'm almost positive the puzzle piece you get from solving the puzzle in Planetouched Wilds is just a small part of one of the three mosaics.

My guess is that once you've completed all three mosaics, you'll get access to the Callweddi village above Callweddi island.

The puzzle in PTW is just the first step.

Quote Originally Posted by Eilauria View Post
    Confused if the person behind you figured it out, how can the puzzle be broken?
    If it was broken no one could figure it out.

Which puzzle? lol
    One of the pieces cannot be placed down to finish it.

I spent a good 20 minutes trying to place it down, didn't work.

(Callweddi island puzzle)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    The puzzle doesn't seem to be broken. Just did it just then. 1st time gave a "A Puzzle Piece" item. Chances are there's quite a few more out there. Tried doing it again. Gave me a random dimension "Building Block: Blue Marble Tile". So like the other puzzles in Nightmare Tide, the main reward is only rewarded once. Other times gives you fluff.

Chances are there's a lot of different puzzles in the zone or something similar and this is simply the one we know of thanks to the livestream where Dead Simon showed it off.

If you look at it, there's 3 achieves to repair 3 mosaics. I'm almost positive the puzzle piece you get from solving the puzzle in Planetouched Wilds is just a small part of one of the three mosaics.

My guess is that once you've completed all three mosaics, you'll get access to the Callweddi village above Callweddi island.

The puzzle in PTW is just the first step.
    Wait, which puzzle are you talking about? Is the puzzle piece you get from the puzzle you're doing a quest item and are you doing the stream puzzle?
    Last edited by McChaffe; 09-12-2015 at 07:33 AM.

So is PTW open on PTS now? Gotta check it out if so. Hyped af for 3.4 tbh

Plane Touched

I tried my luck, got the same thing as you, always one area that is already taken. (Aka, area for the yellow one, but yellow is down already.)

I think we are missing something.

Edit: Nevermind, I think I read it wrong... either way i'm still stuck. :P
    Last edited by m12342; 09-12-2015 at 12:56 PM.
    Mononic - Faeblight

Wait, which puzzle are you talking about? Is the puzzle piece you get from the puzzle you're doing a quest item and are you doing the stream puzzle?
    The one on Callweddi. What's this 'stream puzzle'? Where's that located?

I tried 4 different combinations and completed the puzzle 5 times (repeating one of the combinations). Only the first one gave "A Puzzle Piece", which is a bind on account item. You probably need several different kinds of 'A Puzzle Piece' to complete a single mosaic.

If you were unable to put down a proper piece that matches the last shape not highlighted on the walls, then you'll probably want to screenshot it and send it to Dead Simon. Perhaps that's one combination that they weren't able to register. Or maybe the missing tiles don't actually match the last shape?

Quote Originally Posted by DeLivia View Post
    So is PTW open on PTS now? Gotta check it out if so. Hyped af for 3.4 tbh
    Yep, Primalist and Planetouched Wilds are up on PTS.
    Last edited by Jonus; 09-12-2015 at 03:29 PM.

The one on Callweddi. What's this 'stream puzzle'? Where's that located?

I tried 4 different combinations and completed the puzzle 5 times (repeating one of the combinations). Only the first one gave "A Puzzle Piece", which is a bind on account item. You probably need several different kinds of 'A Puzzle Piece' to complete a single mosaic.

If you were unable to put down a proper piece that matches the last shape not highlighted on the walls, then you'll probably want to screenshot it and send it to Dead Simon. Perhaps that's one combination that they weren't able to register. Or maybe the missing tiles don't actually match the last shape?

Yep, Primalist and Planetouched Wilds are up on PTS.
    INC SPOILER

Last block won't fill.
    Last edited by McChaffe; 09-12-2015 at 06:10 PM.

It doesn't fill because it's not the correct block. The blocks have to match the ones on the wall.

That empty space in your image is a mirror image/flipped version of the correct block. Therefore it doesn't fill.

So you managed to fill the board with different 5-block shapes. You just didn't meet the correct shape requirement for the puzzle.

It doesn't fill because it's not the correct block. The blocks have to match the ones on the wall.

That empty space in your image is a mirror image/flipped version of the correct block. Therefore it doesn't fill.

So you managed to fill the board with different 5-block shapes. You just didn't meet the correct shape requirement for the puzzle.
    Logically if you flip that block it fits. Puzzle should include this.
    Last edited by McChaffe; 09-12-2015 at 06:33 PM.

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #13
    Rift Team

Logically if you flip that block it fits. Puzzle should include this.
    I will look at this. As far as I can see from your picture it should work.

Flips and rotations are allowed.

Are you sure you were closing the shape properly. I know this caught me out a few times when I was testing it.

Anyway I will update again once I have taken a look. I really pounded on this thing as did our QA dept, I knew it was complicated. But it is possible there are still some bugs. That's what PTS is for right

So I have since looked into this, and that particular piece in that particular position was indeed broken. It is fixed now but did not make it for today's update. I'll ping this thread again when I know it is up. I hope that will be tomorrow.

Thank you for finding this and posting the picture. This is EXACTLY what I needed to track down the issue, a PM to me would be helpful too, to direct me to the thread. I almost missed this one.

The scripting for this sucker is pretty crazy but I am fairly confident that issues are few and far between, please keep trying new solutions and I will keep checking the scripting, I would love it to be 100% by the time we go live with PTW.

Oh and as I mentioned the scripting I thought some of you might get a kick out of this image. It is part of that scripting. Many of these objects when clicked on open up windows with reams of formulas and the like.

Thank you again!
    Last edited by Dead Simon; 09-15-2015 at 11:09 AM. Reason: UPDATE

At least it is still possible to solve even though it's a lot of effort lol.

12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM
    Lethaemis@Laethys 1600 Primalist

There appears to have been a recent change to the jumps to get to the top of Callweddi island.

I appear to be unable to progress past a certain jump since mage lacks that ability I believe is necessary to complete said jump and my current race lacks a jump to area ability.

*Edit, managed to get up but had to abuse a certain ability in a very unintended way.

My solution to the puzzle is still impossible. Can't place that block in that spot.
    Last edited by McChaffe; 09-15-2015 at 07:19 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast