+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree9Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: I give up Simon.

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #16
    Rift Team

The fix for the 'N-oh' (black) piece in McChaffe's solution is in and working.

I do think there seems to have been a change in the geo on the way up so I added a small rock to aid in one of the jumps. This should appear in tomorrow's update.

Thanks McChaffe for finding this stuff. I really appreciate the efforts of everyone who takes time to go onto the PTS and help us test this content.
    Last edited by Dead Simon; 09-16-2015 at 11:51 AM.

Ral
    Rift Master

I had similar issues a few days ago (perhaps fixed by now, will try it again later to check) with the 'i' block, specifically attempting to place it (as the first piece) along an edge while completing the loop on a wall. I was however able to complete as the last piece completing the loop in the open one tile width from the shorter wall and 4 tile widths from the longer wall along the tile.

Basically placing the 'i' block from (0,0) to (1,5) seemed to work when completing the loop at point (1,4) but not at (0,y) for any y or (0,x) for any x though I did not perform exhaustive testing. The issue appeared to also affect the rotated solution.

At any rate after messing with the loop for a while it correctly placed and completed the puzzle.

I notice the above problem is not apparently related to these conditions as it is not touching any edge.

Also the numerous solution(s) are well known, after a few attempts on my own I successfully used the one obtainable from my first search hit. So if you are so frustrated that even beating on Dead Simon in game (literally) doesn't help, a source should not be hard to find. I at least suggest people attempt it on there own a few time since it is at least fun.
    Last edited by Ral; 09-16-2015 at 01:24 PM. Reason: added a few days ago + note

Oh, hey.
    What? o.o
    Thunderkat (65) - Tekay (65) - Pfifer (65) - Visionary (65) - Rhailo (65)

<Bounty>'s GL - NA chillest.

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #19
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Ral View Post
    I had similar issues a few days ago (perhaps fixed by now, will try it again later to check) with the 'i' block, specifically attempting to place it (as the first piece) along an edge while completing the loop on a wall. I was however able to complete as the last piece completing the loop in the open one tile width from the shorter wall and 4 tile widths from the longer wall along the tile.

Basically placing the 'i' block from (0,0) to (1,5) seemed to work when completing the loop at point (1,4) but not at (0,y) for any y or (0,x) for any x though I did not perform exhaustive testing. The issue appeared to also affect the rotated solution.

At any rate after messing with the loop for a while it correctly placed and completed the puzzle.

I notice the above problem is not apparently related to these conditions as it is not touching any edge.

Also the numerous solution(s) are well known, after a few attempts on my own I successfully used the one obtainable from my first search hit. So if you are so frustrated that even beating on Dead Simon in game (literally) doesn't help, a source should not be hard to find. I at least suggest people attempt it on there own a few time since it is at least fun.
    Screen shots would be very helpful. I will try placing the 'Agah-go' (pink) or as you call it i piece against the wall in all it's possible positions though and see if I can find a problem.

Two jumps that appear to have been changed are:

2nd:

Everything after Storm Legion was a mistake. ()

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #21
    Rift Team

Thanks for the screenshots, I added some smaller rocks to make the climb a little more forgiving.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Simon View Post
    Thanks for the screenshots, I added some smaller rocks to make the climb a little more forgiving.
    All good. Out of curiosity, is there anything to stop people from summoning others when they have access to the village?

Ral
    Rift Master

Ok, i feel stupid now, pretty sure the reason it didn't work was because i was making a 1x4 line rather then 1x5 since i was counting 5 orbs rather then the 6 required to border 5 tiles. Obviously once all other pieces are placed the size become trivial to judge which is why I didn't have the issue at the end. Sorry for the false report. I have done it properly without issue now.

On the jump puzzle the first jump (as shown in the first screenshot above) only seems possible to make with at least a 110% mount with full PA and patron bonus, so I am guessing maybe around 130% total speed? Using a 60% or 90% i was unable to make the jump, but 110%, 150% and 155% was possible. I realize most people have at least a 110% mount, but lacking PA and patron may make that also impossible to use and a 150% mount starts to become somewhat exclusive. Maybe I am just not doing the intended jump properly.

Some of the other jumps also seem to require a mount which might make them impossible below a given mount speed. If all the jumps can or are intended to be made unmounted at the base player run speed however and I am just missing them then that is fine, otherwise you may want to consider making it unmounted to prevent this. (not to mention at top mounted speed jump physics become pretty terrible)

The chasm jump ability, while useful and fun, is also pretty exploitable in its current implementation. I say this topically, wink wink nudge nudge.

9.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #24
    Rift Team

I hope you will find the ascent a little easier after the next update. There are a few jumps that require a fast mount, not max but also not the 60%. People that are of a level to do PW content should have at least one fast enough.

As for people summoning others to the puzzle or finding other creative ways of getting there, I'm looking at you Ral , I am fine with that. The real challenge is going to be earning access to Caldwell village and anyone who has not done so will not be able to visit.
    Last edited by Dead Simon; 09-17-2015 at 09:46 AM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

I hope you will find the ascent a little easier after the next update. There are a few jumps that require a fast mount, not max but also not the 60%. People that are of a level to do PW content should have at least one fast enough.

As for people summoning others to the puzzle or finding other creative ways of getting there, I'm looking at you Ral , I am fine with that. The real challenge is going to be earning access to Caldwell village and anyone who has not done so will not be able to visit.
    Thanks for the fixes to getting up it was impossible as a Dwarf had to be summoned the day PTW went live on Alpha, not looking at the rest of thread to avoid spoilers but these puzzle updates are exciting.

Good luck all.

Alright, the jumps are much easier now. Can make most of them now with only moderate difficulty.

I also did a test with Dev_Supermansocks to see if you could force your way into the village via Archon's 61 point ability.

Can confirm that the village is on lockdown and inaccessible without the achievement. Any and all methods to teleport up there using a player as a target for some ability won't work. Just up to us to figure out the correct way to gain village access now. Looking forward to it when 3.4 launches.
    Last edited by McChaffe; 09-18-2015 at 04:25 PM.

So when is 3.4 launching?

I would like to say that I love the way PTW looks. Explored it all the other day and after all the water and ice in NT, this is a very nice refreshing and DRY change lol. I love the openness, the art style (esp the balloons).

So where are these puzzles at? I haven't done a puzzle in Rift since Shimmersand in 2011.
    ♥,
    Sylverlune
    Goodbye my lovely alts, I knew you well
    My Ascend-A-Friend code: 2HRDPTLT2WTFDTWM6GDP
    *It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine!* - REM

General of Telara

Completed the climb and puzzle. Awesome work Dead Simon. Now how about a little clue on what to do next?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2