+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Skrell
  • 1 Post By Nuuli
  • 3 Post By Archonix
  • 1 Post By Solaura

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Can not gift limited time mounts

Rift Disciple

Default Can not gift limited time mounts

My main account has almost every mount. Now, I am trying to gift one of these mounts that are limited to only X amount of hours. But on my main account the limited time mount does not even come up. I guess it is to keep people from accidentally buying something twice. But since it does not come up in the store I can not gift it. I tried having the person I want to gift the mount to to add it to their wishlist. They did and I can see it on their wish list. But the button to gift is grayed out and will not let me gift these.

It does appear that it should be gift-able. They attempted to gift it, they got all the way to the part where you add the persons name with no issue. This really sucks since in 11 hours the mount I want to gift is going to be gone.

Just gifted 2 to people and I already own the mount. I just gift from the main screen and it worked fine.
    Last edited by Solaura; 10-03-2015 at 04:23 AM.

Rift Disciple

Weird. In the rift store for my main account that bought this item already it is not in the feature items on the front page of the store. If I go to the mount section it is not listed there either. On my other account that does not have the mount already it is listed there with the timer as well as being on the front page.

I took one character on the account that does not have the mount and put it on their wishlist. On the account that has the mount already when I view the wishlist it will not allow me to click the button to gift. But I had someone else check that did not have the mount and the button was lit up for them to gift it.

So IDK whats wrong my account then and why I am not seeing the limited time mounts in the store. But I do see them on my other account. That is how I knew it was going on =(

How did you get your mount? Did you buy it from the store or did you get it back when it was out of the lockbox?
    Last edited by Skrell; 09-10-2015 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skrell View Post
    Weird. In the rift store for my main account that bought this item already it is not in the feature items on the front page of the store. If I go to the mount section it is not listed there either. On my other account that does not have the mount already it is listed there with the timer as well as being on the front page.

I took one character on the account that does not have the mount and put it on their wishlist. On the account that has the mount already when I view the wishlist it will not allow me to click the button to gift. But I had someone else check that did not have the mount and the button was lit up for them to gift it.

So IDK whats wrong my account then and why I am not seeing the limited time mounts in the store. But I do see them on my other account. That is how I knew it was going on =(

How did you get your mount? Did you buy it from the store or did you get it back when it was out of the lockbox?
    hmm weird, I got mine from a contest I won a while back. I think I have the same issue with recipes I already bought. The only way i'm able to gift those is if the person puts in on there wishlist.
    Last edited by Solaura; 09-10-2015 at 04:34 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Solaura View Post
    hmm weird, I got mine from a contest I won a while back. I think I have the same issue with recipes I already bought. The only way i'm able to gift those is if the person puts in on there wishlist.
    Yeah I have other items that do not show up. The account that has bought the power packs and that 99 dollar one I do not see them in the stores featured section. I would be fine with it if I could do it through the wishlist but it is not letting me.

I have two accounts. The one that already has the mount, does not even show it while the other does. Odd.

Ok now i'm having this issue with the glowing emerald ki rin. My friend says its up right now but I have nothing on home screen or mounts page. eek

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Solaura View Post
    Ok now i'm having this issue with the glowing emerald ki rin. My friend says its up right now but I have nothing on home screen or mounts page. eek

Yup still broke for me too. I opened the store on my account right when the changing of the mounts happened. For about 5 seconds I saw the Kirin mount and thought, whew it's fixed. But then it went poof and never came back.

I did a petition about not being able to gift. They did not seem like this was out of the ordinary. I did mention I wanted to gift my alt account. So they said they could do a work around to get it where I could get the mount. But it was all crazy, I had to prove that I owned the second account. They told me to go find the email that was first sent to me from Trion when I created the account (what if I deleted it). I had to go to a website and look up my ip address and list all my chars names (which is A LOT). Along with a bunch of other personal information.

So I said screw it, trying to gift an item should not be so hard. I mean seriously, you are suppose to be able to gift to anyone. What if it was not an alt account. What if I wanted to gift a friend, what kind of information would I have to come up with in order to do that?
    Last edited by Skrell; 09-11-2015 at 03:53 AM.

Rift Disciple

I have the exact same thing happening to me

Rift Disciple

Yeah I have other items that do not show up. The account that has bought the power packs and that 99 dollar one I do not see them in the stores featured section. I would be fine with it if I could do it through the wishlist but it is not letting me.
    This I have too ...
    My husband that has not bought most mounts, power pack, wilds pack ... has this all advertised on homepage.
    He has 8 dots on pages, as I only have 5 dots on pages.

I restarted game only to see the mount in a flash before it disappeared, as I opened store.
    Last edited by Umfufu; 09-11-2015 at 08:31 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Umfufu View Post
    This I have too ...
    My husband that has not bought most mounts, power pack, wilds pack ... has this all advertised on homepage.
    He has 8 dots on pages, as I only have 5 dots on pages.

I restarted game only to see the mount in a flash before it disappeared, as I opened store.
    That's all the same thing for me :P one account has 8 pages and the other 5. I have tried to gift through other chars and yeah sometimes for a split second I see the mount before it goes.

12.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #12

We have engineers working on a fix.

We most likely won't be able to deploy a fix before the mount sale is over, so we'll schedule another weekend in the future so those of you who want to gift them to friends/family will have another shot.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Archonix View Post

We most likely won't be able to deploy a fix before the mount sale is over, so we'll schedule another weekend in the future so those of you who want to gift them to friends/family will have another shot.
    Thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Archonix View Post

woot thank you

+ Reply to Thread