+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Crucial time for changes in this game

Wildstar got to see how well it does, if still going for hardcore people even after f2p then going have same problem they had with being a sub game, then gw2 base game is free for sure but they locking content behind a real pay wall is not really f2p in a way. Is like free to try. But I agree what most OP said. And GW2 don't have any real PvP gear progression not sure how people going leave for gw2 with no real gear progression over rift that one part I'm sure people not going for gw2 for if there thinking about gear only.
    Last edited by Zaber; 09-06-2015 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliatron View Post
    Making money is rather impossible unless you buy REXes, because most sources of income have been nullify by the system (like nightmare stars by pvp gear).
    Say what now? There are so many ways to make money in this game that a couple rex a month (for patron) is readily within anyone's grasp (assuming they get past the initial AH unlock). Even at today's ridiculous rex prices. I understand many do not like much of the grind that would be needed for many plat-generating exercises, but there is plenty of passive income earning that comes from simply playing the game. Minions even gather stuff for you with no effort at all.

I have never sold a REX and probably earned 100k plat in the time I have played (shortly after F2P came out - a little over 2 years). Lately I haven't even tried to earn plat and it keeps piling up, but that's mostly because I am holding out on buying REX with the price so high.
    Last edited by Linolea; 09-06-2015 at 08:57 PM.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by phartoute View Post
    you're gearing up alts??? doing weeklies takes a loooong time, AND on top of that you have to find a raid and pray that they dont wipe to bulf.

T2 raids? HA! there's no T2 pugs in this game (on EU).
    you really play on EU? cause i see people recruiting IGP now and then, sure, for HK it's only Murdantix groups

Quote Originally Posted by Ifreet View Post

1. Rex price
    Players set the REX pricing, not Trion so blame other players or buy your own credits.

2. Weeklies are dull and boring.
    When is any repetitive task fun? Whether it be dungeons, quests, or PvP all games have repetitive content to either aid the casuals or give hard core players something to min/max in between raiding.

3. PvP gear progression is ****ing disaster.
    Cant say I am happy with this one...

4. Warfronts. Ohhh god damn aren't those most stupid pvp objectives in an mmo ever?
    Just about every PvP game in any MMO is a variation of capture the flag, capture and hold the flag, or hold a position. (Not including Hutt Ball which was the sole flower in a field of muck that is SW:TOR)

5. Lack of common sense.
    See, you havent been around that long. After launch the two factions became extremely unbalanced on most shards and shard hopping was unavailable. Allowing other factions to join your party, guild, or raid is actually a good thing. Thank god for cross server warfronts and mercenaries.

Also, who cares what class is "better" at range when ALL classes can tank, heal, support, and dps?

6. Your main selling point has lost it's purpose
    ??? So people can choose whether they want to do their quests or participate in an invasion? Really? See again, you werent around when Champion invasions could wipe out and disrupt an entire zone for hours on low population servers or during off hours. Now people have more choices than ever and can play how they want. That is a good thing.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Eliatron View Post
    There is nothing to be done. The game is too old to improve so many things and pour that money into it. Might as well do Rift 2.

The game will still try to sell stuffs, make new raids and it will have a loyal playerbase who will refuse to leave for another game due to all the things they have achieved.

Wildstar, Blade and Souls, they're better games. Even if they don't go huge, they will still be better than Rift in gameplay and graphics, it's something that can't be avoided.

Reality is that Rift right now is about raiding, unless you like doing all the achievments. Raiding implies that you will farm those boring weeklies to be up to date in Marks.

They even refused to take out the cap on T1 gear, which makes no sense imo, which means if you have time you still fall behind in gear. To each its own. Rift will be left behind because it's old, nothing can be done against age.
    Rift 2, or even just a HUGE Rift reboot, would be overly impressive. The game isn't bad. The addition of another class WAS NOT needed.....EVER. Fixing the classes they have now and the soul system would have been a better use of their time.

Rift 2 or whatever could use a better soul system than we currently have. A system if built properly could cater to ALL kinds of players.

Pure souls could be powerful but limited in their versatility as well as required keys to play the game. 5-6 active key presses during combat with a few buffs.

Full Hybrid has huge versatility and powerful in a different way to a Pure soul with Many keys and macro's being required to play properly.

Build should be LESS rotation focused and more situation focused IE right keys for the right situation.

Then your usual graphics and performance overhaul.

I'm with OP. The point of the thread stands with reason.

I'm furious. I'm really upset. I hate people ruining things I love for sake of business or profit.

I see it coming to a head sooner rather than later.

I picked a game that I wanted to invest time and money in to. Hence my frustration. Now unless Trion heeds warnings like OP's, we will have no choice. Our hands have been forced.

As far as I'm concerned, if I'm paying money and investing time in to a product, it may as well go to someone who can handle their business. A product I feel secure in.

I am now looking up reviews and trialing other games.

Shame on you Trion. Shame on you.
    Last edited by Narielia; 09-07-2015 at 12:16 PM.
    "When the last tree is cut, the last fish is caught, and the last river is polluted; when to breathe the air is sickening, you will realize, too late, that wealth is not in bank accounts and that you canít eat money."

I agree there need to be massive changes in the game to renew/gain player interest- of that there is no doubt.

But at this point, EVERY type of player has valid concerns, and how should Trion identify what concerns need attention first and foremost?

*Raid oriented players suffer from activity burnout with too much time between content releases.

*Pvp oriented players have an unstructured means of progression and have to deal with the arduous task of trying to play with many who have little interest in pvp- save for the rewards.

*Dimensioneers have to deal with the rise of costs necessary to maintain their creative drive with available decorations.

The only group which really can weather the storm are probably the RPers (not one of them, but I truly admire those creative enough to generate their own "content") simply because they've learned to be self-sufficient in terms of maintaining their interests.

And face it- regardless of how the developer would like it to be otherwise, the overwhelming majority of players have distinct preferences on the types of activities in which they engage.

The primary concept that set Rift apart from others of its ilk is the soul system- and we all know it needs much attention.

All in all, we each have a different perspective on how we feel the game needs "fixed"- but with so many irons in the fire (in terms of creating new content, games, and support of other existing games) is it feasible for Trion to manage a hail Mary pass and reclaim/surpass the game they introduced years ago?

And do so within the confines of a F2P model?

Like the majority of my friends I've made during the heyday of Rift, I wait patiently and watch with interest hoping some of these changes do occur- but with every passing day our only responses from Trion tend to regard the introduction of newer facets of Rift that nobody requested (a new calling and a revamped wardrobe system for example) or a gentle reassurance of their acknowledgment of existing issues- with a "too little, too late" approach often as the tangible response.

Face it- we all want Rift to continue and do so in a bold fashion, providing us all with a new invigorated interest in the existing portions of the game as well as new ones yet to be seen- but I wonder why Trion is spending so many man hour resources on other projects if they truly want their flagship game to keep sailing.

Wish you all the best of achievements- in game and in life.
    Last edited by Hectyr; 09-07-2015 at 12:30 PM.

Default Just Sad

Trion wont listen to anything. They are stuck in their own world with crap ideas that hardly No player likes. For the pass year, Trion has gone down hill. Anyone Remember when the Devs where more friendly,open and honest? or took the time to address concerns of the players that paid their bills? One reason I started playing so long ago with how the game was managed with a cash shop not in your face nor everything in a box. I dont mind when a game evolves but when it changes to something worse then it was before...... its time for me to go.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post

Wildstar - i was for 2 months sub. Didn't even wait to expire. Uninstalled, i don't like that kind of childish animation. Competition for Rift? I doubt that, really doubt.

i actually belive that wildstar would be a huge competitor, its capital cities are atlest 10x bigger and more creative and it has more classes, and better ability animations

1. Rex price will make this game not so "no trick no traps" anymore. It's around 2.5k atm on many shards and if this trend continues free accounts will forever be restrained from certain features which isn't fitting your "no tricks no traps" idea.
    If such rumor spreads around the the social networks influx of new players will be lower and lower.

2. Weeklies are dull and boring. AA weekly, whose idea was that???

6. Your main selling point has lost it's purpose

Either disable shard hopping or make one shard only.
    Invasions and zone events have no sense now. There was a time when I was unaware of shard hopping and I stumbled upon a camp where I found some quests. Zone event started and it's become impossible to get quests done. It felt amazing cuz I tought everyone would gather up and slay invaders. That didn't happen. I was just told to shard hop.
    Who are you making these events for?? What's their purpose besides ****ing ach or weekly progress? Where is the core of this game?
    I saw promo video back from days when Rift was about launch, you pointed out zone events as your main strenght... it's **** now. Has no purpose, has no sense, can be avoided by 2 clicks. Sad, but true.
    Trion has nothing to do with REX prices. Players set REX prices. You think 2.5k is expensive? I don't know what shard you play on, but it's only about 1800 or so on GB, and I don't know about other shards, but still 1800 to me doesn't seem all that bad.

You wanna see what happens when the game company controls the price of their game tokens? Check out WOW game token prices. Today's going rate in the US is: 27,227g and in EU it's 48,865g Where Blizzard comes up with that number is beyond me.. but there you have it.. that is what happens when the game corporation sets their own game token prices. I don't know about you, but I'd rather pay RIFT REX prices than WOW's anyday.

As for weeklies, I personally happen to like them a lot. I like the fun of everyone running around and trying to get their weeklies finished... I miss SL weeklies actually that took 4-5 complete raids to do.. to me, that was awesome fun.. but that's just me maybe.

And finally, I can't tell you how much I love shard hopping! I think it's one of the best things Trion ever did for RIFT. If nothing of interest is happening on the shard I'm on.. I can just hop shards and check out what's going on there. If I want to farm zone events, I can do that.. or farm NMRs, or crifts, artifacts, or just harvest mats.. I can do that by hopping shards. I love that option. I understand that you don't happen to like the option, but please understand that many other people do.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeithe View Post
    Rift 2, or even just a HUGE Rift reboot, would be overly impressive. The game isn't bad. The addition of another class WAS NOT needed.....EVER. Fixing the classes they have now and the soul system would have been a better use of their time.

Rift 2 or whatever could use a better soul system than we currently have. A system if built properly could cater to ALL kinds of players.

Pure souls could be powerful but limited in their versatility as well as required keys to play the game. 5-6 active key presses during combat with a few buffs.

Full Hybrid has huge versatility and powerful in a different way to a Pure soul with Many keys and macro's being required to play properly.

Build should be LESS rotation focused and more situation focused IE right keys for the right situation.

Then your usual graphics and performance overhaul.

This. A hybrid soul system was a central and key component to RIft that kept the game flexible and exciting. I'm not a fan of the rigid soul system we have now. Classes have been pigeon-holed into one or two specs.

I started on Seastone. Back then I can remember Defiants were always on top. It was still fun tho because you could work to unseat them. Now it doesn't matter at all. PVP was fun. I miss pvp-rifts and the equipment you could get.

Don't fix something that isn't broke. A series of bad decisions has made it irreversible tho there is still time for tuning.

Many thanks to those that are fighting against this conspiracy.

To those that don't like the game anymore, can I have your stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by TerraBomb View Post
    i actually belive that wildstar would be a huge competitor, its capital cities are atlest 10x bigger and more creative and it has more classes, and better ability animations

I don't think I've ever played a game and been like "Wow! This capital city is huge! This is the best game ever!"
    Niou Glitterdance - 70 The Silent
    Wikstrom Seihachi - 6- The Relentless
    -= Faeblight =-

Plane Touched

Every couple of weeks or so, someone new to the game, decides to post how they have the key to Rift's salvation. Granting their knowledge upon to us who have wondered blindly for the past 4+ years crying "woe is me. whatever will we do?" They inform us that _________(insert game name or expansion here) will soon decimate our population. And they only hope is to ____________(insert free way to enjoy game = to those who pay)

Here's the reality; MMO's are a dying breed. Because it's not new or it takes more than 2 days to complete, the younger customer base has almost no tolerance for them. So in response MMO's have adjusted their business model. They now offer a fast track (for a fee) So many players dump a few hundred, figure out the brass ring is ever at a distance, and depart for the next instant gratification.

If you enjoy the genre, there is much to do. If you want it yesterday, sorry bout your luck.

Reality is, there is no greener grass, there's just more or different grass.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Nithydux View Post
    I don't think I've ever played a game and been like "Wow! This capital city is huge! This is the best game ever!"
    In fact Draumheim city is the largest capital city I've seen so far in any game, and behold! nobody likes it (except me, I love it ).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast