+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: How is the community OK with this?

Prophet of Telara

Well some of the Rift community are very much not okay with this. And it's one of the reasons those of us that don't like it no longer give Rift any money and no longer even really play. Voting with wallets and logins.

It won't change anything of course. Trion makes enough bank out of people who will throw cash at this stuff, so it's not going away. My solution is that I simply choose to give my money and playtime to other game dev companies that don't sell power in cash shops.
    Last edited by Islesi; 08-24-2015 at 06:11 AM.
    RIP Icewatch and Argent.
    Not another damn penny.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Elayara View Post
    When they find a whale who pays that much for nothing (and thus supports me to continue playing for free) I'm absolutely fine with that.
    I'm so angry with that, I wish people would stop supporting Rift so I'd have to pay and/or the game would crash.

Or I mean, could they not just sell I don't know, beautiful blue hats for $1,000,000? This way people would support my free-gaming experience but get absolutely nothing out of it! That'd be perfect!

OP' it's not even best in slot, and having played games for a very long time, I like playing against people who buy their gears&stuff..

They're all garbage.
    People who paypal their way to the endgame because they don't want to grind a few hours, they won't spend these hours trying to learn the game either.

3.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #33

Quote Originally Posted by Dkjester View Post
    Also they have stated at launch you will be able to buy primalist with credits, without the fluff assumingly for a lower price.

Therefore you got your wish of a cheaper price without fluff, you just gotta wait.
    The Primalist will be 5250 credits, which is quite a bit less.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho
    Ocho used words of truth. The attack hits critical. It was super effective. Forum flame has been defeated. Ocho gained 5.250 XP.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Thank you, Mister Ocho! That is VERY reasonable price for this new class!
    Last edited by Tactician; 08-24-2015 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boase View Post
    I like when ranters just make a thread and never post in it again.

... and then Boase came out to save the day

/salute

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    +1 for this being reasonably priced. I was rather afraid we'd be looking at 10k credits or thereabouts.

We are just getting 6 souls, though - but by the sounds of it each will be viable in some situation or other, which might actually be better than other callings, lol.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Eilauria View Post
    The game is F2P....

Someone has to pay for new content.

Why should it not be the peeps with tons of extra cash, but no interest in actually playing to advance their character?

Honestly I don't see a single thing wrong with anything you posted...

Tons of cash for an advantage in a virtual world?

If I were rich, I'd be happy I could get ahead with my money.

Since I'm not rich. I'm glad someone else pays to keep the game I love, going.

WoW? WoW also charges a monthly fee, so only a portion of their profits come from the cash shop. 100% of Rifts profits come from the Cash shop.

I'd be offended if a game I paid for every month even had a cash shop and would definitely stop paying for it at all. Oh wait i stopped paying for WoW way before that happened, mostly because the game became suck and remains sucky.

Seriously how the heck do they get away with this? You pay a monthly fee And have to pay for fluff?? WTF???

Really comparing a 100% F2P game against a game with a monthly sub game is well, just ridiculous. How about we compare Rift to say.. ANY Perfect World game? That would be a justified comparison.

Guess what? Rift would come out on top, every single time against every single game, Perfect World produces.
    Hmm this my friend is the ideal setup but thats not how rift works. U need to be some kind of grindingmagician to get everything at f2p pace. and i mean seriously i think by the time u have done it about 50% of your brain has decayed..
    This is just how it works get people addicted to the game and then comes the pixeltemptation.
    its almost like exploiting someone's weak point.

just an example=
    at 65 u have to grind up to 8k plat if u are unlucky to get the souls to become a competetive raidplayer. (dependand on wich calling ofcourse)

However it stays ofcourse the persons responsibility. it just doesnt feel right. and its not only rift btw but the majority of the mmo's

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    +1 for this being reasonably priced. I was rather afraid we'd be looking at 10k credits or thereabouts.

We are just getting 6 souls, though - but by the sounds of it each will be viable in some situation or other, which might actually be better than other callings, lol.
    Still for that amount of money u can also buy guild wars 2.
    Just to put it in perspective

So how much real money I gotta plop down for this 5250 credits? I know I know, just buy rex off the ah! BAH! I am even worse saving ingame money than I am real life money.

so, what 40, 50 bucks?

5250c or 4725c for patrons
    4 REX if patron or 5 REX if not (either way, starting from 0 credits) = 7000-9500 plat NA.
    Minimum $30 (3250+750+750=4750c) if patron or $35 (5500c) if not (though at that point IMO just go $40 for 6500c)
    Real money packs TBD?

Quote Originally Posted by almarean View Post
    Still for that amount of money u can also buy guild wars 2.
    Just to put it in perspective
    Yeah, unlike Rift, in GW2 you're super limited. Imo this is most ******ed MMO... never seen such a boring, dull, and raidless MMO. Unless you love to lvl alts and then "nothing", please don't insult Rift with GW2, for real...

As I recall, the explanation for being able to buy non-BIS raid gear was so that folks coming back to Rift who wanted to raid could pony up the cash and jump in. It's certainly not for everyone and it's not the best you can get. But it will get you in the door so you can raid with your friends.

What you think of that reasoning is up to you, but that was the explanation.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by keeker View Post
    So how much real money I gotta plop down for this 5250 credits? I know I know, just buy rex off the ah! BAH! I am even worse saving ingame money than I am real life money.

so, what 40, 50 bucks?
    Just about yeah. So, the wilds pack ends up what I thought for pricing, with over 60$ of fluff going by prices already on the store I.E premium mount announcers etc, and the 40$ primalist.
    Burst before or after Rift implosion, never both.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post

OP' it's not even best in slot, and having played games for a very long time, I like playing against people who buy their gears&stuff..

They're all garbage.
    People who paypal their way to the endgame because they don't want to grind a few hours, they won't spend these hours trying to learn the game either.

Grind a few hours? With the mark cap, it would take 3-4 months to get a full set of frostbringer gear and weapons and that is assuming you turn 65 and instantly are able to max out your mark cap each week. So yeah I'd rather work two extra hours in rl and get my set and jump right into raiding instead of struggling for weeks or months.

Also, you can't paypal your way into endgame. The current tier is tier 2 raid and even if you purchase full t1 gear and weapons, you are still way behind current raiders- not to mention rep runes, in game plat, essences, accessories. So you've still got a lot of work to do even if you buy the store raid gear.

Lastly, I don't think all people who pay for gear are garbage. When I played vanilla Rift I raided with a world top 10 guild and now after a month and a half back I've earned a spot on a t2 raiding guild (learning multiple roles for a bunch of brand new fights- 7 dungeons, 2 raid rifts, RoF, MS, TF, iGP, and 5 bosses HK) in about a 3 week span. I'm not saying I am great or good but I can't be that garbage to do this. I've met players with purchased gear who are very good players. I've also seen bad players who didn't buy their gear as well, but feel the need to degrade people who can afford to purchase things that they can't.

The vitriol you directed at people who purchase gear seems way too harsh. Maybe you have some issues with your own life or something. Whatever the deal is, good luck.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast