+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 81
Like Tree17Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Fix Promo/World Event notification system PLEASE!!!

  1. #1
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    817

    Default Fix Promo/World Event notification system PLEASE!!!

    This is the second event that I would have missed if I didn't hear people talk about it in chat. The Promo/World Event tracker in-game has been broken for at least the last two events. It isn't a matter of me having them turned off either since the Promo/World Event section of the Activities menu is greyed out.

    I saw the new Arclighter cache boxes so thought there would be an event to go with it but couldn't find anything about it. I even looked in the News & Announcement section of the forum. Nothing there.
    Last edited by Rhipf; 08-21-2015 at 01:02 PM.

  2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #2
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,196

    Default

    Could you and Jonus and anyone else that experienced this log in with all mods disabled and tell us if it still happens?

    I have added this issue to our bug tracking, but we currently have no internal repro case for it.

  3. #3
    Ascendant Seshatar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,195

    Default

    I know they don't pop up if you have auto-quest tracking disabled. I asked some months ago to take promo/world events, pvp/dungeon completion quests, IA etc. out of that but never got reply.
    Last edited by Seshatar; 08-21-2015 at 08:02 PM.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

    <Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

    IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

  4. #4
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Jonus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    4,696

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Could you and Jonus and anyone else that experienced this log in with all mods disabled and tell us if it still happens?

    I have added this issue to our bug tracking, but we currently have no internal repro case for it.
    Disabled all addons, exited game, re-logged and still no tracker. Menu Bar -> Activities -> World / Promo Event still grayed out.

    And I've always had Auto-Quest Tracking enabled.

  5. #5
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    967

    Default

    I don't know if it's somehow related, but I noticed the purple indicators on the map when you do have the world event in your quest tracker only show when I'm on my home shard. Had to ask a guildie where that arclight lifter event is supposed to be until I found out why it didn't work for me.

  6. #6
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    817

    Default

    I disabled all add-ons and restarted the game but the tracker is still not showing. I even tried all characters just to be sure that it wasn't just a character related bug.

    The tracker had been working before the last event. I haven't made any changes since then (.i.e. haven't added any new add-ons or changed any settings) so I assumed it must be a bug in one of the updates.

    Not only is the event tracker not showing up I am also not getting the quest indicator for the event on the mini-map (on any of the shards including my home shard). If I hadn't already done this event in the past I wouldn't have known where to go.

  7. #7
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    817

    Default

    Further update that may help track this down.

    I usually play on Laethys shard but have an alt on Wolfsbane. I am not getting the event tracker showing up on any of my toon on Laethys. I decided to load up my alt on Wolfsbane in hopes of getting the chest for finishing the current event. This would be the first time for this toon so completing the two quest would award me a trove. Unfortunately this toon is only level 22 so cannot participate in the event. What I did discover though is that the event tracker is showing for this toon. I tried going back to Laethys but the tracker is still missing on my toons there.

    I don't know if any one else that is missing the tracker is also on Laethys but if it is only this shard that is having the problem that could help in coming up with a solution.

  8. #8
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    66

    Default

    OMFG there was the archlight event? I been doing it everytime trying to get that mount.

    I noticed they had the archlight boxes so I went to look for it on my map and found nothing.

    UGGGGH

  9. #9
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    66

    Default

    OMMMMMMMMMMMMFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGG

    So yep, I DO have the auto add quest thing on and I DO NOT HAVE any event notification up.

    I just went to the MOTHER EFFIN spot where the arclight has been in the past and sure as S**T ITS UP.

    -pulls out hair in rage-

  10. #10
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhipf View Post
    Further update that may help track this down.

    I usually play on Laethys shard but have an alt on Wolfsbane. I am not getting the event tracker showing up on any of my toon on Laethys. I decided to load up my alt on Wolfsbane in hopes of getting the chest for finishing the current event. This would be the first time for this toon so completing the two quest would award me a trove. Unfortunately this toon is only level 22 so cannot participate in the event. What I did discover though is that the event tracker is showing for this toon. I tried going back to Laethys but the tracker is still missing on my toons there.

    I don't know if any one else that is missing the tracker is also on Laethys but if it is only this shard that is having the problem that could help in coming up with a solution.
    So I read this and decided to test for myself. I am also on Laethys.

    What I found was both HAILOL and LAETHYS none of my characters show the event. Every other shard it shows the event. I did an UI Import on each character per shard to see if it was a UI setting problem, the import changed nothing.

    Maybe this helps, I am really aggravated about this though, the arclight was the mount I been consistently trying to gain the currency for.

  11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #11
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitfangs View Post
    Maybe this helps
    It does help indeed. We had no internal repro for this issue, but with this info I confirmed that it does appear to be a server specific issue.

    Can any EU players that ran into this confirm for me which EU servers had such difficulties? Given that the event has already ended on EU, I am not able to easily check those servers myself.

  12. #12
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    It does help indeed. We had no internal repro for this issue, but with this info I confirmed that it does appear to be a server specific issue.

    Can any EU players that ran into this confirm for me which EU servers had such difficulties? Given that the event has already ended on EU, I am not able to easily check those servers myself.
    This probably effected more people than it seems. I think either people just didn't know the event existed, or the people who did know but wasn't seeing their zone event notification just simply went and did it without making a ticket.

    It's one of those things where if you don't know it's broken then you won't know to fix it (happened in my case) or you know it's broken but some duct tape will work so just put some on and move along.

    About 2 hours before the event ended I went to the quest location, in which I knew were it was because I've done it several times before, so it was then when I realized what I was missing. I seen the arclight lock boxes being sold, so I went to look on the map to see if there was a marker which normally happens but there wasn't. I never bothered going to the actual location.

    I think there are a lot of people that just didn't know it existed, the only reason I knew was because I was browsing the forums and say this topic. Unfortunately I discovered this at the end of the event.

  13. #13
    Ascendant forbiddenlake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    5,716

    Default

    They announced it on the front page of the web site, via email, via twitter, and also Riftgrate posted several articles mentioning it.
    For next time I suggest you subscribe to one of those.

  14. #14
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    They announced it on the front page of the web site, via email, via twitter, and also Riftgrate posted several articles mentioning it.
    For next time I suggest you subscribe to one of those.
    Why would I need to subscribed to a media that I don't use just to see my event notifications?
    I don't use twitter, email, riftgrate, nor do I go to the front page of rift every week.

  15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #15
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,196

    Default

    Nope, we are in complete agreement that the in game notice should be a primary form of notice, and view it as a critical issue that it is not currently functioning. The keen observation today that the issue was entirely shard based was a key breakthrough in tracking down the issue.

    Our engineering team is investigating currently.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts