+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Fix Promo/World Event notification system PLEASE!!!

I'm not saying they shouldn't fix it in game. I'm saying with a little effort to pay a little more attention, you could solve the problem yourself.
    Last edited by forbiddenlake; 08-27-2015 at 02:49 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    I'm not saying they shouldn't fix it in game. I'm saying with a little effort to pay a little more attention, you could solve the problem yourself.
    A problem I didn't know existed?

By your logic of fixing problems before you know they exist you must be consumed 24/7 with unnecessary tasks.

What you are saying is I should have logged into a site I otherwise have no use for in preparations of an unknown event that may or may not happen one day?

Honestly not sure if you are trolling or you think you are contributing to this topic.
    Last edited by Rabbitfangs; 08-27-2015 at 10:09 PM.

Sword of Telara

Ok, time for another update. The tracker came back for me on Wednesday morning when I logged in. Sometime during the day it again disappeared. I didn't note the time it disappeared but I think it was around the 3:30pm server time that the events usually start/stop (though that is usually on Thursday). All I do know for sure is that the tracker was MIA all of Thursday. I didn't log on to my Wolfsbane alt during that time so I don't know if it showed up there.

It was suggested by GM to reset UI (both simple reset and reset to default) and to disable all add-ons. I did this and it made no difference.

As for suggestion on alternate notifications, I do subscribe to the email but it usually doesn't show up until several days after the event has started. I also visit the website almost daily but I don't really look at it I just use it as a portal to the forum.

I guess for now if I see a lockbox ad on the in-game the Rift store I will have to remember to check related area for an event (but hopefully the tracker will be fixed before next event).

P.S. Could we maybe get an increase in payout for the Arclight events? The Arclight event has a maximum of 20 currency per day where as the other events seem to have a max of 30 currency (although this is a fancy amphibious mount so maybe that is why it is more "expensive").

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #19
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rhipf View Post
    It was suggested by GM to reset UI (both simple reset and reset to default) and to disable all add-ons. I did this and it made no difference.
    I just passed along to CS that the Dev team is aware of this issue and that it is not a player UI or Mod issue in this case.

hopefully the tracker will be fixed before next event
    Sadly, it will not. The next event should have some additional diagnostics that will run during the event to help us figure out why these particular shards are affected.

xib

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    I just passed along to CS that the Dev team is aware of this issue and that it is not a player UI or Mod issue in this case.

Sadly, it will not. The next event should have some additional diagnostics that will run during the event to help us figure out why these particular shards are affected.

Thanks tact hope you guys can figure it out soon. Gotta love those hard to squash bugs :P

Telaran

I don't want to be the person that says give me 9000000 days of patron or something but it's not cool that we missed out on the currency we all been trying to collect.

Any news on maybe a credit for what we missed out on? The arclight is definitely something I was saving for.

Sword of Telara

Just thought I would pop on and say that it looks like this has been fixed. The event tracker came back on after yesterday's update and has been showing over the last two days.

Hopefully the problem won't come back for the next promo/world event.

Thank you.

My wife and I have had this issue for months on Laethys. We missed last week's event as well because of this issue. First I saw about it was reading a thread in general regarding people complaining about the 24 hours required to open the boxes.

How about an in-game mail on days when the event starts? Or even before the fact? As long as the bug hasn't been addressed.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Sword of Telara

Looks like the fix was short lived. The current event isn't showing up again. The World/Promo Event item is greyed out and no tracker in my UI. This only appears to be on my Laethys characters. My Wolfsbane character has the tracker up properly.

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #25
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

A fix has not yet been deployed as we still don't have a cause figured out. The last event wasn't so much fixed as it was, "didn't break this time". Which is part of what makes tracking down the cause more difficult.

No tracker for me on any of my toons across three shards. No e-mail either. I subscribe and have gotten previous "event" notifications.
    ♥,
    Sylverlune
    Goodbye my lovely alts, I knew you well
    My Ascend-A-Friend code: 2HRDPTLT2WTFDTWM6GDP
    *It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine!* - REM

Champion

Same here. No indication whatsoever in-game that a promotion event is going on. No quest tracker, no map marker. The npcs aren't visible on the zone map. Only if you get close enough you can see the quest icons on the mini map.

Didn't get an email either.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    A fix has not yet been deployed as we still don't have a cause figured out. The last event wasn't so much fixed as it was, "didn't break this time". Which is part of what makes tracking down the cause more difficult.

I just assumed a fix had been tried last time since the tracker didn't appear for me until the Wednesday update just before the end of the event and stayed right until the end of the event (the next day at 3:30pm server time).

Guess it was just wishful thinking on my part.

Telaran

Yep, I wonder how many events we missed already.

Quote Originally Posted by Linolea View Post
    How about an in-game mail on days when the event starts? Or even before the fact?
    Great Idea!
    This should happen regardless of the bug or not. The more communication, the better.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast