Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree12Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: please make a pug vs. pug warfront category

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    people form premades because they want easy victories, this has already been proven, so please stop debating. The whole "just friends wanting to do something together" argument is bogus, because when they actually forced premade vs premade at one point in the game suddenly nobody wanted to play together anymore because those so called "just a group of friends who enjoys eachother lol ;) magically stopped queuing as premades because they did not enjoy losing 1000-100 vs players who knew what they were doing.

So i always find it hilarious when people say stuff like "if you dont enjoy losing get 4 people to queue with you" when those same people stopped group queuing after getting stomped by good premades, then queue times got too long for the few premades left that actually wanted competition, so they reverted back to what we have now and, omg like magic, all the "just friends that like to play together who dont just want easy wins" started queuing again.

TLDR: people who premade dont want competition and just want to finish their weekly/randoms with as little effort as possible

I call nonsense on this its been explained a million times but hey whoever wants to go play a MMORPG solo have at it. GL With that .... kinda like raiding solo ... gl with that too.

Quote Originally Posted by esc2heaven View Post
    You know why ppl make groups for pvp? Not because they want to play competitive with voice chat.

Most just form groups because that reduces the chance of having afk slackers in your team. And that is the only reason why mostly the premade groups are stronger on WFs than pugs
    Yeah totally you get a few afks in a pug vs pug but then a premade joins and your entire team goes afk. So much better.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Fallse View Post
    I call nonsense on this its been explained a million times but hey whoever wants to go play a MMORPG solo have at it. GL With that .... kinda like raiding solo ... gl with that too.
    i would rather do duels than play with braindead potatos.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallse View Post
    call nonsense on what? this has nothing to do with solo or group it has to do with competition. premades in rift are formed to avoid competition and hope for easy wins, as they all stopped grouping together when it was forced premade vs premade because all of a sudden those groups of guildies/friends were being forced to face actual good competition and losing badly, so rather than get better they just went back to solo queue as that gave them better opportunity to win and get their weeklys and randoms completed.

so much like elite pvpers were saying "get good if you dont like" now all the scrubs are saying "get 4 friends if you dont like it"

i dont care either way, i beat premades too, but to deny that majority of premades are formed in hopes of getting easy/fast wins is being dense
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 08-17-2015 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spungey View Post
    Its not even about easy wins. Who cares if it's a premade. Premade doesn't mean extra people nor a guarantee that you win.

People just don't wanna play what is needed in wf's and then they cry omg, PREMADE. I don't premade and could careless if I go against a Premade or not. It's not like there are really decent premades atm. Maybe 3 I can think of.

Get your team to act like a team and more wins will come your way.
    it is about easy wins for the premade, absolutely, already proven in rift's history. If premades actually wanted competition and close matches they would be FOR premade vs premade queue not against it, but they aren't because premade vs premade = tougher matches and tougher time finishing weekly/daily. GW2 has solo/due queue and premade queue, WoW has regular WF and ranked WF
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 08-17-2015 at 06:27 AM.

Rift Disciple

so i have only played off and on during the time Rift has been out.

are you telling me that there was a time when they actually tried the idea of making premades go up against premades? and let pugs go up against pugs? and then everybody stopping queueing as premade?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaha. if this is true you just gave me the best laugh ever. i mean maybe i should cry because it means that trion will not do this again.

reminds me of how twinks in wow for the longest time said they really wanted competition. then when they forced twinks to play against twinks it really died out.

if i am understanding things the way you are explaining them, seems to me like premades only want to face off against pugs in this game. i will pretend to be surprised lol.

Shield of Telara

This is an unfortunate (but predictable) result of gear unification. What did you guys expect? By putting a carrot (gear marks) behind content people don't want to do and don't actually know how to do (they're just there for the win so they can get the carrot) you will get PvE players in WFs with no clue who dgaf and just want their wins. Likewise, you will get PvP players queue for NTEs without a clue what to actually do in a dungeon. This probably explains some of the window licker groups I've gotten recently.

Both sides of this debate have valid points, yet its unfortunate the single and group queue provision doesn't exist.

It IS fun to queue with a group of friends/guildies/associates in activities- particularly pvp. But Rift's brief history has demonstrated consistently that the majority of these groups DON'T want similar competition. The BG group queue, the low degree of participation in player-created premade tourneys (and recently- lack thereof), and large pool of CQ premade participants that usually only generate one premade are perfect examples of this.

The ONLY valid argument that prevents a separate group/solo queue for warfronts is the player population.

Why aren't there more players involved in Rift's pvp community? Why doesn't the current playerbase yield more motivated participants?

Resolve those issues, and a world of possibilities presents itself- including the potential for solo and group warfront queues with robust participation.
    Last edited by Hectyr; 08-17-2015 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    it is about easy wins for the premade, absolutely, already proven in rift's history. If premades actually wanted competition and close matches they would be FOR premade vs premade queue not against it, but they aren't because premade vs premade = tougher matches and tougher time finishing weekly/daily. GW2 has solo/due queue and premade queue, WoW has regular WF and ranked WF
    You fail to realize the most important factor here: population. If we had the population that WoW has right now, I would be all for a solo queue and a premade queue. There'd be so many people to play against that I wouldn't be like "Oh, look there's soandso, he'll be this/that."

But this is Rift and we have a dwindling population that when it isn't NA peak time, the queues would be even more horrendous than it already is.

10.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #25

Answer is still no.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2