+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Why 31 point soul tree's are a bad idea.

It's not exactly depth when you're forced to pick +damage talents to get what you want. And even then, you're given root abilities that don't always help you.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Sargonnas_KoA View Post
    Not really. Almost any discussion of any kind related to opinions on a character class that none of us can currently play just doesnt work.
    Except for the fact we have seen enough to draw certain conclusions such as the OP stated... less points = a less total number of options.
    \

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by badradical View Post
    It's not exactly depth when you're forced to pick +damage talents to get what you want. And even then, you're given root abilities that don't always help you.
    So let's change that instead of reduce the number of options?

Reguardless, I'm glad they stated in the livestream that they won't be changing the other classes
    Last edited by Reticularize; 08-16-2015 at 12:45 PM.
    \

Ascendant

Again, I ask how does dropping souls to 31 points remove options?
    I can probably get EVERYTHING from each of the warrior souls, in 31 points.

And with 10 points instead of 15 leftover, to invest in souls that are half the size, those 10 points might as well be 20 for how much more impact they are.

(15 points is 1/4 of a 61 point soul. 10 points is 1/3 of a 31 point soul. 20 is 1/3 of a 61 point soul)

They only way compressing everything into 31 points would be bad, is if the dev team would do a **** job at it.

76 points does not give you more options when your options is using you points on 2% increases, when you could get 4% or more with one point.
    Last edited by Repster; 08-16-2015 at 04:04 PM.
    Burst before or after Rift implosion, never both.

I'm not bothered about the reduction in points at all. It may turn out well, or may not. Whichever way it lands, something will get done: if it's great (turns out well) something will get nerfed; if it's crap (doesn't turn out well) it will get buffed/tweaked.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

One I don't think the devs will touch the elder classes. Just because... look at what backlash will happen. They acknowledge that choices are one of the main reasons that people (us) play Rift. They're trying something new.

We'll have two systems to work with. That is something that Trion does. Conquest was an experiment (we all know how that turned out.) But hey! That doesn't mean Primalist will be that case.

It's here. I'm ready for it. Going to try it out. And we can compare.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Nuuli View Post
    It's here. I'm ready for it. Going to try it out. And we can compare.
    Basically the right attitude.

Converting current callings to the same as primalist is a ****on of work. If it ends up that everybody loves how primalist handles it? Worth it. Otherwise, nope. So, best choice is to just wait a few months until players hit max level as a primalist, and then gather some data before deciding if there's a calling that needs to swap over to that system.
    Last edited by Repster; 08-16-2015 at 07:07 PM.
    Burst before or after Rift implosion, never both.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2