+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Rare zone events?

Plane Touched

Default Rare zone events?

When do these events happen :

1. Why so sad
    2. Jewel of Brevane
    3. Critical Mass
    4. Coldsteel of death (???)
    5. Unstable Scarlet Gorge and Pelldane

(plus many more)

Im trying to get the achievements for finishing them, but they dont appear to spawn.

Is there any way of knowing when/how they spawn? or maybe most probable time of spawn? (Im ok with staying up all night to get my achievement)

any kind of event related stats would be AWESOME.

You can make a new chat tab and add all shard events to it /joinevent(s)@"each shard name" then you can track down the ones you need
    Keep Calm and RIFT on!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Gauth85 View Post
    You can make a new chat tab and add all shard events to it /joinevent(s)@"each shard name" then you can track down the ones you need
    There are also websites that track them. A list is available at riftgrate.com
    \

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Gauth85 View Post
    no need anymore, they made Events channel to show all shards events some time ago

> Why So Sad?
    Not disabled, but it's pretty rare (only 70 times across all servers since 20 October 2014)

> The Jewel of Brevane
    Appears to be disabled (0 runs across all servers since at least 20 October 2014)

> Critical Mass
    Actually ran today on Hailol - around the time of your post - and twice yesterday EU. Still, it's pretty rare (only 75 times across all servers since 20 October 2014)

> Coldsteel of Death
    Appears to be disabled (0 runs across all servers since at least 20 October 2014)

> Unstable Scarlet Gorge
    This one is not very as: 3400 runs youknowthedate and today (UTC) it's already run 10 times across both clusters.

> Unstable Kingdom of Pelladane
    This one is not as rare: 2700 runs youknowthedate and today (UTC) it's already run 3 times across both clusters.
    Last edited by forbiddenlake; 08-14-2015 at 06:32 AM.

Still waiting for Fort Events to come back or for the achievements to be put in legacy...
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

Champion

Rotten March
    Ancient Undoing
    Take it all back

I think these either need to be reactivated or put in legacy as well.

> Rotten March
    Extremely rare: Only 26 times since 20 Oct 2014. Last 19 July.

> Ancient Undoing
    0 runs since 20 Oct 2014

> Take It All Back!
    0 runs since 20 Oct 2014
    Last edited by forbiddenlake; 08-14-2015 at 07:26 AM.

9.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #9
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Oddly enough, I just spent ALL of last weekend working on zone event stuff!

"Take It All Back!" and "Jewel of Brevane" - These were supposed to be Carnival of the Ascended zone events, but they never got properly integrated into the world event controller stuff. They were turned on by hand the year they were introduced (2013), turned back off by hand, and forgotten. This has been fixed - they have been added to the automated controller and will show up when Carnival next returns. The related achievements have been moved of the Carnival section of World Events where they belong.

"Chilled to the Bone" and "March of the Stone Army" - These are not disabled and SHOULD run, but the weighting of events had not been re-tuned in quite some time. "Native" events (those that only run in one zone) were of the same weighting as shared events that run across multiple zones - like the bloodfire and hellbug events. This means you end up seeing the shared events a ton, and the native events rarely. I re-tuned this weighting to allow native events to show up more. I will keep an eye on this and tune some more as need be.

Planar Fortress events - These events are not going to return, unfortunately. The related achievements are being moved to Legacy as a result. Sorry, Boase.

What else got changed? All of the zone event achievements now include in their description the actual name of the zone event and the zone in which they run.

All of the loot tables have been cleaned up to hand out rewards more appropriately. You should consistently get level appropriate rewards for all zone events when you mentor up or down. This includes world currencies like Void Stones, notoriety tokens, world event currencies when world events are running, etc.

Yes, this means running Volan will once start rewarding level 65 players with Void Stones.

All of this should be in the 3.4 update. Since I literally touched every single zone event, I didn't want to push it Live too quickly.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Telaran

Does the Bloodfire Behemoth event ever run in Morban? It is the last zone I need to expose a behemoth in to get the meta-achievement, and I never see it.

Plane Touched

Thanks Tacitus, good news to hear.
    Mononic - Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus169 View Post
    Does the Bloodfire Behemoth event ever run in Morban? It is the last zone I need to expose a behemoth in to get the meta-achievement, and I never see it.
    Yes. It actually ran 5 times on the 8th (all NA), twice on the 7th (both EU), then once on 27 July.
    Last edited by forbiddenlake; 08-14-2015 at 11:18 AM.

Champion of Telara Sargonnas_KoA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    Yes. It actually ran 5 times on the 8th (all NA), twice on the 7th (both EU), then once on 27 July.
    I must have been working. Morban is also the only one I never see when Im playing and the only one I still need to complete for achievements

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus169 View Post
    Morban is SUPER rare, that was my last one. However Trion for a flat price of credits allow you to spawn the event using a item from the store. I used that to finish the Meta.

Rift Master

I'm assuming all 5 of the following are classified as Fortress Events?

Encampment of the Legion
    Fortress of the Broodmother
    Molten Keep
    Azure Fastness
    Aquium Citadel

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast