+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: The Wilds Pack FAQ

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default The Wilds Pack FAQ

Do I have to purchase The Wilds Pack to access any of the content in Planetouched Wilds?
    Nope! All of the content in 3.4: Into the Wilds is free to all RIFT players. Take part in all of the adventures in Planetouched Wilds with or without The Wilds Pack.

What items are available if I purchase The Wilds Pack before 3.4: Into The Wilds is released?
    The Primal War Beast Mount, the Ovog Ceremonial Garb costume set, the Cloak of the Great Wheel costume cloak, the Primalist portrait frame, as well as 30 days of Patron time.

Will I be able to purchase the Primalist Calling separately from The Wilds Pack?
    Yes, it will be available in-game for Credits with the release of 3.4: Into the Wilds or purchase separately from Glyph and our retail partners.

What Souls are including with the Primalist Calling?
    Titan, Berserker, Dervish, Vulcanist, Preserver, and Typhoon.

Will I be able to purchase the additional character slot separately from The Wilds Pack?
    No, however you can unlock up to 12 character slots in-game without The Wilds Pack.

Do I have to buy multiple The Wilds Packs if I play more than one character?
    No, all rewards contained within The Wilds Pack are available for all characters on your account.

Added August 24, 2015

How much will the Primalist be separately from The Wilds Pack
    5250 Credits
    Last edited by Ocho; 08-24-2015 at 11:03 AM.

Will Primalist be available on the PTS for everyone or do you have to purchase the pack to try it before release?
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Rift Disciple

Will it be possible to change the calling of an existing character to the Primalist Calling?

Plane Touched

Will purchasing the Wilds Pack when you already have the full complement of 12 character slots unlocked, give you a 13th slot?

If yes, to anyone else reading this who has purchased it, has this been tested/confirmed to work for you?

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Videssian View Post
    Will purchasing the Wilds Pack when you already have the full complement of 12 character slots unlocked, give you a 13th slot?

If yes, to anyone else reading this who has purchased it, has this been tested/confirmed to work for you?
    I am already at 12 chars slots and what else is available for the 100 pack is not worth it. Too much money for not enough items if there is not a 13th. They should have done two packs like they normally do. The cheaper and more expensive one. Of course this pack would qualify for the 50 dollar pack.

I think it said you did not get the char slot until 3.4 was released.

But yeah, I am not sure if he is trying to put a positive spin that there is not a 13th or if he is implying there is. Gotta dumb it down for us that have poor reading skills :P
    Last edited by Manasha; 08-11-2015 at 10:13 AM.

12 characters slots is the maximum allotted. You cannot go over.

Quote Originally Posted by Manasha View Post
    I am already at 12 chars slots and what else is available for the 100 pack is not worth it. Too much money for not enough items if there is not a 13th. They should have done two packs like they normally do. The cheaper and more expensive one. Of course this pack would qualify for the 50 dollar pack.

I think it said you did not get the char slot until 3.4 was released.

But yeah, I am not sure if he is trying to put a positive spin that there is not a 13th or if he is implying there is. Gotta dumb it down for us that have poor reading skills :P
    The $100 pack is actually worth it's weight when you price each item individually and realize that most of the items will probably be unique to the pack (aka probably not sold separately or at least not for awhile.)
    Last edited by Riane; 08-11-2015 at 10:19 AM.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    12 characters slots is the maximum allotted. You cannot go over.

The $100 pack is actually worth it's weight when you price each item individually and realize that most of the items will probably be unique to the pack (aka probably not sold separately or at least not for awhile.)
    But the issue is how much does each individual item mean to you. A mount is only worth 20 dollars if someone wants that mount. If not it is worth nothing. You have to have enough variety within a pack to make something worthwhile to everyone. If you are like "omomg dino mount", yes it might be worth 100 to someone since they can not get the mount else where atm. But for those of us that have every single mount from every single other pack and ran around with it for 5 min then never used it again might not feel that particular item is worth anything.

So ok... what else is there. The souls, I can get that with credits, I am sure that will be less than 100 dollars. There is nothing else in there that I want that I can not get with credits. The only thing in there that I would want is a 13th slot, that for me would be the only thing that would catch my interest. What I am saying, there is not enough variety in this pack to make it useful to many users.

Is a 13th slot worth 100 dollars, no. But if you go... oh well I do not care for the dino mount, but eh I get it, I get the souls, I get a month sub.... but I really want that 13th char slot. Things like that tip the scale when deciding to buy something. But if only the things that interest you can be bought individually cheaper, then no 100 dollars is not worth it.

But again, it might be worth it for those who need that mount. I am not putting anyone down for that, some people (including my husband) might think I was foolish for spending 100 on something just for the 13th slot.

Default When More Primalist Souls Are Released....

Is it safe to assume... if you purchase 'The Wilds Pack' you get any future Primalist souls?

Quote Originally Posted by DmgIncGM View Post
    Is it safe to assume... if you purchase 'The Wilds Pack' you get any future Primalist souls?
    Considering the only people interested in the future Primalist soul pack will be, well, people with the Primalist calling; I doubt that very much.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

Can you add a Level 60 Character Pack to The Wild Pack, with a 1 character per region limit, releasing it at 3.4 with the Primalist and other items.

I personally don't want to spend weeks leveling to 60 on both NA and EU, going though all the old content that I have done at least 8 times already with my previous characters.
    True Server First Prime GP: Anrak the Foul & Guurloth
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

Quote Originally Posted by Burninalways View Post
    Can you add a Level 60 Character Pack to The Wild Pack, with a 1 character per region limit, releasing it at 3.4 with the Primalist and other items.

I personally don't want to spend weeks leveling to 60 on both NA and EU, going though all the old content that I have done at least 8 times already with my previous characters.
    The current level 60 [from Nightmare Infusion Edition] is only redeemable once per account, correct? Either way, if you don't want to level to 60, there's a "Level 60 Character Pack" on the Rift Store for 5400c (PD.)

Quote Originally Posted by Manasha View Post
    But the issue is how much does each individual item mean to you. A mount is only worth 20 dollars if someone wants that mount. If not it is worth nothing. You have to have enough variety within a pack to make something worthwhile to everyone. If you are like "omomg dino mount", yes it might be worth 100 to someone since they can not get the mount else where atm. But for those of us that have every single mount from every single other pack and ran around with it for 5 min then never used it again might not feel that particular item is worth anything.

So ok... what else is there. The souls, I can get that with credits, I am sure that will be less than 100 dollars. There is nothing else in there that I want that I can not get with credits. The only thing in there that I would want is a 13th slot, that for me would be the only thing that would catch my interest. What I am saying, there is not enough variety in this pack to make it useful to many users.

Is a 13th slot worth 100 dollars, no. But if you go... oh well I do not care for the dino mount, but eh I get it, I get the souls, I get a month sub.... but I really want that 13th char slot. Things like that tip the scale when deciding to buy something. But if only the things that interest you can be bought individually cheaper, then no 100 dollars is not worth it.

But again, it might be worth it for those who need that mount. I am not putting anyone down for that, some people (including my husband) might think I was foolish for spending 100 on something just for the 13th slot.
    1.) There is no issue. I am giving the actual value of each item is almost exactly $100. The only "disadvantage" is you don't really get a "bundle" deal price, aka $75 instead of $100.

2.) This is a fluff pack. If you don't need/want any/all of the fluff, you can wait for other option(s) which has already been stated to be available.

3.) You cannot have 13 character slots. Read my post you replied to. 12 character slots is the maximum per shard. You cannot go over.
    Last edited by Riane; 08-11-2015 at 07:02 PM.

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #12

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    Will Primalist be available on the PTS for everyone or do you have to purchase the pack to try it before release?
    Our current plan is to have a very broad test of Primalist on PTS. We don't have details on that quite yet.

Quote Originally Posted by WhitC View Post
    Will it be possible to change the calling of an existing character to the Primalist Calling?
    No, no way to do that at this time. Not something we've discussed extensively.

The additional slot will allow you to go to 13, however this will not be available until 3.4.

Quote Originally Posted by DmgIncGM View Post
    The Primalist is unlocked with 6 souls as part of The Wilds pack, the same as if you purchase just the Calling once 3.4 is live. Any future souls would be purchased separately.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    The additional slot will allow you to go to 13, however this will not be available until 3.4.

Ohh, I'm surprised by that! So now my question related: Is that 13th character slot only available if you purchase the Wilds Pack essentially in the same manner as the bag/bank slot reserved specifically through the Nightmare Tide editions? I'm going to guess yes.

14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #14

Ohh, I'm surprised by that! So now my question related: Is that 13th character slot only available if you purchase the Wilds Pack essentially in the same manner as the bag/bank slot reserved specifically through the Nightmare Tide editions? I'm going to guess yes.
    Currently that is the only way to obtain it. We don't have plans to offer it any other way at this time.

Rift Master

3.) You cannot have 13 character slots. Read my post you replied to. 12 character slots is the maximum per shard. You cannot go over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Thanks Ocho! I will be buying this pack ^^

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast