+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By RoughRaptors
  • 1 Post By RoughRaptors

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Server Lag

Telaran

Default Server Lag

It has been a while since one of these threads so i just wanted to remind everyone that server lag is still a serious issue and like kind of extremely annoying.
    Sixpm@Wolfsbane <Undaunted>
    Diggityprime@Wolfsbane (New Main Hype)

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #2

This has been an ongoing issue for some time and I realize it causes/can cause a great deal of inconvenience and I'm sorry for that :-(. I haven't mentioned a status update for while about ability lag or any of the work I've done to help improve it, and while I can't necessarily say exactly what we are doing to address it, know that it is still something being monitored and that we very much have not forgotten.

We've also got some fairly interesting reports of occurrences between certain in-game things causing ability lag issues, if you happen to notice anything odd, or any sort of pattern feel free to post them here or PM me with as much detail as you have, reports are always appreciated :-).

Quote Originally Posted by SupermanSocks View Post
    This has been an ongoing issue for some time and I realize it causes/can cause a great deal of inconvenience and I'm sorry for that :-(. I haven't mentioned a status update for while about ability lag or any of the work I've done to help improve it, and while I can't necessarily say exactly what we are doing to address it, know that it is still something being monitored and that we very much have not forgotten.

We've also got some fairly interesting reports of occurrences between certain in-game things causing ability lag issues, if you happen to notice anything odd, or any sort of pattern feel free to post them here or PM me with as much detail as you have, reports are always appreciated :-).
    For starters could we not be restricted to Tulan/Biofoundry for Raid instances? Not only are they often the cause of significant ability lag, or lag in general, but they also have massive problems with bugs and mistiming mechanics.

Threngar alone our Tanks keep falling through the floor, and the P3 smashes often trigger too early or late. It makes T2 progression increasingly difficult, and some weeks we haven't even managed to kill Threngar due to how broken the hosting server is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho
    Also nerf bards.

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #4

Quote Originally Posted by Shinkirou View Post
    For starters could we not be restricted to Tulan/Biofoundry for Raid instances? Not only are they often the cause of significant ability lag, or lag in general, but they also have massive problems with bugs and mistiming mechanics.

Threngar alone our Tanks keep falling through the floor, and the P3 smashes often trigger too early or late. It makes T2 progression increasingly difficult, and some weeks we haven't even managed to kill Threngar due to how broken the hosting server is.
    Next week (assuming nothing goes wrong as I feel I should state :-P ) I plan on having some more optimizations go in as well as some other things that will give me additional information regarding any ability lag that might be taking place.

Regarding any mechanics that are behaving improperly, feel free to PM them to me if you have videos, videos are very helpful and it shows me what's going on and I can analyze it a bit more. I have seen my fair share of strange things while raiding and from my personal experience it hasn't had anything to do with Tulan/Biofoundry, but it's possible it does now and that's one thing I am trying to get to the bottom of.

Rift Master

I've left pingplotter on tracing 208.94.26.5 because I keep getting short latency spikes and the thing that stood out to me is random high pings(200-500ms) to the next to last hop. Not sure if 66.208.216.210 is actually inside Trion's network or just outside it but it seems to be the place where my troubles are centered.
    Last edited by Artak; 08-14-2015 at 10:01 AM.

Next week (assuming nothing goes wrong as I feel I should state :-P ) I plan on having some more optimizations go in as well as some other things that will give me additional information regarding any ability lag that might be taking place.

Regarding any mechanics that are behaving improperly, feel free to PM them to me if you have videos, videos are very helpful and it shows me what's going on and I can analyze it a bit more. I have seen my fair share of strange things while raiding and from my personal experience it hasn't had anything to do with Tulan/Biofoundry, but it's possible it does now and that's one thing I am trying to get to the bottom of.
    It mostly seems to be that server lag can cause a mechanic or two to be mistimed, so things will trigger early/late. I don't really record, but I'll try to remember to if it seems like it's going to be another unfortunate raid night.

The falling through the floor thing I'm really not sure about though, it seems to only be tanks, and sometimes they fall and die, and sometimes they just teleport back up to where they should be. It might also be lag related (IE: Failure to load collision matrix before character position update), but especially since it's not happening to me, it's hard to say.
    Also nerf bards.

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #7

Quote Originally Posted by Shinkirou View Post
    The falling through the floor thing I'm really not sure about though, it seems to only be tanks, and sometimes they fall and die, and sometimes they just teleport back up to where they should be.
    I haven't seen you do the fight so I can't say for sure. But in my own experience with tanking this fight, falling through the floor seems to happen when the tank runs to next platform Matrodraum is about to spawn at (but has not yet spawned), and then the platform moves (I believe it moves) when he spawns there, which can sometimes result in you falling through the platform. It's been a while since I've had it happen, but on progression it happened a few times.

I haven't seen you do the fight so I can't say for sure. But in my own experience with tanking this fight, falling through the floor seems to happen when the tank runs to next platform Matrodraum is about to spawn at (but has not yet spawned), and then the platform moves (I believe it moves) when he spawns there, which can sometimes result in you falling through the platform. It's been a while since I've had it happen, but on progression it happened a few times.
    Might be, I've never actually tanked the fight, I'm always the Chloro.

Also long as that optimization you mentioned can help the ability lag and stuff while on Tulan/Biofoundry, it should all be fine.
    Also nerf bards.

+ Reply to Thread