+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Primalist vs other classes

Champion

Default Primalist vs other classes

As a cleric i get .75sp/.25spc for every point i put in wisdom (my main stat). With primalists getting dex AND str as a main stat wont they be a little bit op?

I have 3273 int and i avoid that stat more than spell crit. Is getting 3k primary stat a bit much?

Should primalists only get the 75/25 on their highest stat (dex OR str) instead of across the board?

Primalist's main stats are Dex and Strength however the contribution from the two will be even.

Instead of like with the other classes how it's 75/25, Primalist will be like 50/50.

I await Ocho to correct me however this is what I believe based on what I've read.
    Last edited by Nithydux; 08-09-2015 at 06:57 PM.
    Niou Glitterdance - 70 The Silent
    Wikstrom Seihachi - 6- The Relentless
    -= Faeblight =-

Yeah, 50/50 sounds like the way it'll work, though only devs (and testers...but they're under NDA) would actually know for sure.

4.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #4

Quote Originally Posted by Chadwix View Post
    As a cleric i get .75sp/.25spc for every point i put in wisdom (my main stat). With primalists getting dex AND str as a main stat wont they be a little bit op?

I have 3273 int and i avoid that stat more than spell crit. Is getting 3k primary stat a bit much?

Should primalists only get the 75/25 on their highest stat (dex OR str) instead of across the board?
    We're certainly aware, and will address this issue appropriately. Keep an eye out for the upcoming Primalist Livestream, where this and more will be answered.

As a cleric i get .75sp/.25spc for every point i put in wisdom (my main stat).
    Actually, for the existing callings...

1 main stat = 0.75 derived stat (SP/AP) and 0.5 spell/physical critical hit rating
    1 off-stat = 0.25 derived stat (SP/AP) and 0.5 spell/physical critical hit rating

Telaran

You can fix my calculating i am sleepy kind of, but cannot get myself in a dreamlands.
    Something like this. Cannot even say its worthy to trust because i have none sure if
    a stats i was view from a video can be trusted enough for start calculate a things.
    Also i was not even closest a best of my class back then..hehe. Maybe one a worst.
    I used a stats from a youtubevideo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9daEnkHzoA
    When calcuting you way.
    CLERIC:
    4765 wisdom / intelligence: 2474 (i did not took intelligence on it because i have no idea of its ratio, and main stats was inly discussed part).
    : 0.75/.025 = 3573.15/1191.25

PRIMALIST:
    STRENGHT:4765 / DEXTERITY: 2474 (only converter a attributes names and kept a numbers a same).
    : 0.49/0.17 = 3547.11/1230.63
    : 0.50/0.17 = 3619.5 /1230.63 ( Just because even if having two attributes just how close they still can get with a mainstat(s) ).

PS. i cannot myself or others i believe would count it correct way in here because of many reasons. I dont know max stats wich can be gained for Primalist from its items. I imagine they require three high stats in a item to being competitive againts older souls. Older souls has they ''off stats'' when a Primalist has two main stats and off stats? Those items should be also only class specific for Primalist only. This would also impact with a booster a differences at min.max damage,healing etc.. (this will be complained for a sure a lot later on).
    Same problem is anyway already in a games when comparing a classes some are just totally underdogs.
    Oh well maybe Clerics will have to step down from its throne someday

Not even a idea wich kind of a class it will be and skills. Well hopefully interesting class then and most possible equally with others.
    Last edited by Diemore; 08-12-2015 at 05:52 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Meteorblade View Post
    Actually, for the existing callings...

1 main stat = 0.75 derived stat (SP/AP) and 0.5 spell/physical critical hit rating
    1 off-stat = 0.25 derived stat (SP/AP) and 0.5 spell/physical critical hit rating

i mean so its not .75/.25 from a main stats as a thread opener mentioned ?
    Last edited by Diemore; 08-12-2015 at 04:51 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    We're certainly aware, and will address this issue appropriately. Keep an eye out for the upcoming Primalist Livestream, where this and more will be answered.
    hey ocho. I don't know if something similar is being planned, but could we get an FAQ type thread for primalist so that you have plenty of questions ready when the livestream comes.
    Sixpm@Wolfsbane <Undaunted>
    Diggityprime@Wolfsbane (New Main Hype)

So if Primalist utilizes both strength and dexterity, will the loot tables be adjusted so that rogues and warriors don't have to grind way more for their respective gear than mage/cleric? Or am I missing something entirely?

Quote Originally Posted by DeLivia View Post
    So if Primalist utilizes both strength and dexterity, will the loot tables be adjusted so that rogues and warriors don't have to grind way more for their respective gear than mage/cleric? Or am I missing something entirely?
    One would assume a new class of gear, otherwise loot whinging will be intense.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

+ Reply to Thread