+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: $100 class pack versus new WoW expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Qillyu View Post

What are your thoughts?
    $100. Suckaz...
    Last edited by Violacea; 08-09-2015 at 06:30 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    $100. Suckaz...
    Uh... so.... wait. You don't even play any more, and you're dissing people who not only play but pay?
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Narcise View Post
    Uh... so.... wait. You don't even play any more, and you're dissing people who not only play but pay?
    I still think people with your loyalty to trion should be gifted the expansion pack.

Loyalty pts should dicatate a discount. Im no where near others (30months loyalty) but some have been patrons from day 1, they shouldnt be treated like the f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadwix View Post
    I still think people with your loyalty to trion should be gifted the expansion pack.

Loyalty pts should dicatate a discount. Im no where near others (30months loyalty) but some have been patrons from day 1, they shouldnt be treated like the f2p.
    Aw, thanks, hon. But you know, I've only played this game for a year and a half. Others are a LOT more loyal than me, since they've been here since at least beta, and they've never left for the "grass is greener...."

But, really.... The bottom line is that if someone finds this game fun, then that person should spread a little wealth. Oh sure, I'm retired, I have a certain amount of discretionary income which I can use however I please....

I choose to use that to support Rift. I have that discretion - because I'm not strapped for money. I do understand that not everyone has that option.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Rift Master

My thoughts are, someone has to pay for this game. You have some people who want to play and never pay anything. But someone has to in order to keep the game going. Yes, things here are more expensive than most games and I have accepted that to help compensate for those who pay nothing. To each their own, you can put in however much you feel like you are getting out of the game. You can just do a monthly sub, buy some credits directly or support rex buyers in game. But money has to come from somewhere.

You do not need this pack, and they have never had it where players had only one way of getting content in the game. If there is content involved such as new classes they have always given options to get them in game with plat (rex buying) or paying straight up cash.

Tho, with that being said I still think this pack lacks a bit of oomph that makes me go, I need to have it, not for 100 dollars. Not to say that others feel the same way as me. It maybe someones dream to ride a dino mount and will gladly pay the $100 for it. If anything I will wait for the bright purple dino mount!
    Last edited by Manasha; 08-09-2015 at 07:30 PM.

Champion of Telara Sargonnas_KoA's Avatar

My problem with the Wilds Pack is I see it as a bit of a marketing blunder on Trion's part.

The fact that the pack is $99 isn't the biggest issue. Its that everyone's first interaction with real information from Trion on the new calling is this pack.

There is no information detailing the items in the pack from Trion.

There is no information discussing the costs of these items separately after 3.4 hits. I saw Trion say why in another thread, but in reality its more likely they don't want to post that info yet because it will take away from the sales of this pack.

Ive spent a lot of money on Rift over the years so the money isn't really an issue for me personally, but the way this has all played out is just a turn off, so I can understand why so many people have an issue at the moment. Some people will love this pack and jump at the opportunity to buy it. As Ocho said, its not for everyone, but I don't understand how anyone at Trion really thought this was a good idea.

It could have all been handled better, but instead its just coming across as something negative and overpriced to a lot of people playing the game.

Hey, lets celebrate the release of the first information on the first new calling in the history of rift by smashing you in the face with a underwhelming $99 pack! Yay for everyone!
    Last edited by Sargonnas_KoA; 08-09-2015 at 07:37 PM.

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #37

Quote Originally Posted by Sargonnas_KoA View Post
    The fact that the pack is $99 isn't the biggest issue. Its that everyone's first interaction with real information from Trion on the new calling is this pack.
    We fiddled around with the contents of the pack to see if we could get something at a lower price point as well, but given what is in the pack and when those things can be delivered, it didn't really make sense. Either it would be a bad deal or too generous. Part of that is how the assets are coming in; what we could give out now wouldn't make as much sense.

Since the Calling itself isn't granted ahead of time with the pack, a big part of the value of the pack is delayed. It's a better solution to wait and have that available by itself at launch of 3.4.

The timing was rough overall. The pack was supposed to be held until the article was released, but it mistakenly showed up a bit early. I was in Germany for Gamescom when it happened, as was Archonix and Red Hawk. This also slowed our responses and let things build up a bit before we could get involved in the discussion. These things are all a bit unfortunate, but in the long run it'll smooth out fairly quickly. We'll have tons of detail to show off this Friday on the Livestream.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Either it would be a bad deal or too generous.
    but i dont get it, you'd pick equally between a bad deal and a generous deal?!?! its just pixels, man! you can price it at half of that, and watch the sales SOAR.

9.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #39

Quote Originally Posted by fatbahmi View Post
    but i dont get it, you'd pick equally between a bad deal and a generous deal?!?! its just pixels, man! you can price it at half of that, and watch the sales SOAR.
    If we gave everything away for free, sales would be through the roof! People would be buying it over and over. ;)

We try and be fairly generous, but if we're too generous then you don't have RIFT to play anymore. It takes a balance.

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

To quote Ripley in Aliens:

"Did IQs just drop sharply while i was away?"

You absolutely must have, no way around it, need to buy WoW: Legion to access any of that content, you don't buy? tough, you're stuck with Wildstar of Draenor gameplay.

You absolutely must not have any need to buy any Primalist pack, ever, to join the people who supported Trion and the game you play by buying the Packs and we can all join hands at the portal to Plane Touched Wilds on launch day and enter this new, totally free zone together, wouldn't cost you a dime, nothing, nada, zilch, zero.

I swear, the more of the game is given away for free, the more some people want

Champion

If we gave everything away for free, sales would be through the roof! People would be buying it over and over. ;)

We try and be fairly generous, but if we're too generous then you don't have RIFT to play anymore. It takes a balance.
    I think you missed the point my chubby buddy fatbami was making. Its not all or nothing, we all have personal price points. $100+ is like a new tv or something, $50 is somewhat disposable if i really want it and $20 is for food that looks good.

Fat was going on the mythodology of this study in example 1. I know its hopo but its acurrate

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/gregor...b_6182498.html

"In one experiment where researchers had users choose to buy (or pass and keep the money) two different packs of gum, only 46 percent made a purchase when both packs were priced at 63 cents.

Conversely, when the packs of gum were differently priced--at 62 cents and 64 cents--more than 77 percent of consumers chose to buy a pack. That's a big increase over the first group."

Dropping the price to $50 would grant you more buyers and more patrons, people like rift but $100 is alot. Its not hit or miss, its moderation with your consumer base, one that i think would favor both sides. I would say 150% more sales (including your orig 100) which would make you guys 25% more.
    Last edited by Xio Narius; 08-09-2015 at 10:29 PM.

Man... The amount of stuff I could afford if this happened....
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Chadwix View Post

As a "trion white knight" since beta 4 I support this idea!

Since everyone is weighing in, I'll say that I think the pack is a bit of a bad deal. I don't intend to buy and this is someone who bought TWO Ultimate Nightmare Tide Super Ultra Editions or whatever the heck its called. I think when you look at the 99 pack for NT vs the 99 pack here its clear that its a bit lacking. Trion doesn't have to listen to me, but I would guess this won't sell as well as the Nightmare Tide 150 pack did.

Still excited for Primalist though.
    Last edited by Khelendross; 08-09-2015 at 10:13 PM.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

You're taking the joke too seriously.
    What I think is serious is the fact that you already have callings with souls that pretty much no-one in their right mind would play because they've been completely uncompetitive / useless for months (for example, when was the last time you saw a Riftblade?) and rather than fixing the existing callings' souls you're instead making new ones and asking us to pay for them.

Champion

Probably going against the trend but I like the idea of playing a lot of the enjoyable parts from other callings .. In one calling. I bet the pack has already sold lots. If you don't want to purchase then don't .. You have free will and can wait until prices drop.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast