+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree210Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Seatin's First Look at the Primalist Calling

Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    I tried. I really did.

I just couldn't resist making this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8Qm_yYLTNw
    priceless

I cried because it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by somestuff View Post
    http://www.topofrift.com/rankings/wo...frozen_tempest

http://www.topofrift.com/standings/w...ress/murdantix

of course i'm going to get a reply of "that's raiding....etc" by extension the health of a game permanents to all aspects of said game, so if we have less guilds raiding, by extension i assume we have less players...
    Lol!! Linking a website which by far, not all guilds use. Your logic in this?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Dudemister View Post
    Lol!! Linking a website which by far, not all guilds use. Your logic in this?
    All the guilds that mattered used it tho. But w/e makes you happy.

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    All the guilds that mattered used it tho. But w/e makes you happy.
    "All the guilds that mattered".... So in a discussion about game population, only raiding guilds that choose to have their progression put up on that website matter when determining population? Seems a bit flawed to me...
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    "All the guilds that mattered".... So in a discussion about game population, only raiding guilds that choose to have their progression put up on that website matter when determining population? Seems a bit flawed to me...
    Have you ever heard of this math thingy called statistic? More raiding guilds will "easily" roughly translates to more population. But your idea of the FEWER the guilds that are raiding, the MORE total population the game have is... well... perfect...

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #112
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Siggysig View Post
    The rehash of existing souls really is a shame I'm less excited about the new class
    I can promise you that the Primalist souls are not actually rehashes of existing souls. But saying that wouldn't make for nearly as funny of a youtube video, I suspect. :P But seriously, at no point did we sit down and say 'OK, let's make this soul like this other soul but different colors.' All of the Primalist souls are designed whole-cloth around one new concept - Dervish is supposed to feel like you are a whirlwind flurrying your weapons at your target, for instance. While Preserver features plants and water in its theming and art, it plays nothing like Chloromancer or Warden, as another example. Typhoon isn't about Ice at all, unlike Stormcaller, as yet another example.

But, we hear you guys! We're actively going through all the trees now and making sure we didn't subconsciously ape any previously existing trees. Thanks for all the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    Have you ever heard of this math thingy called statistic? More raiding guilds will "easily" roughly translates to more population. But your idea of the FEWER the guilds that are raiding, the MORE total population the game have is... well... perfect...
    I have heard of statistics which is exactly why using change in raiding population (not statistically significant enough) doesn't make any sense at all. If Trion dropped everything except for raiding, you would see the raiding population go up slightly, but the overall population would plummet. So how can a change in raiding population be used as evidence of the population as a whole? I never said fewer guilds raiding means more population. I merely pointed out a flaw in using raiding population as evidence of total population.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hawk View Post
    I can promise you that the Primalist souls are not actually rehashes of existing souls. But saying that wouldn't make for nearly as funny of a youtube video, I suspect. :P But seriously, at no point did we sit down and say 'OK, let's make this soul like this other soul but different colors.' All of the Primalist souls are designed whole-cloth around one new concept - Dervish is supposed to feel like you are a whirlwind flurrying your weapons at your target, for instance. While Preserver features plants and water in its theming and art, it plays nothing like Chloromancer or Warden, as another example. Typhoon isn't about Ice at all, unlike Stormcaller, as yet another example.

But, we hear you guys! We're actively going through all the trees now and making sure we didn't subconsciously ape any previously existing trees. Thanks for all the feedback.
    Maybe then the problem is not the class but the reveal video.

Anyone that has played rift comes to the conclusion of 'rehashed souls' and anyone not familiar with rift will see the few cool vfx shown, and subtle hints at 'talent tree' hybridization and hopefully thats enough to grab them.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 08-11-2015 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    Maybe then the problem is not the class but the reveal video.

Anyone that has played rift comes to the conclusion of 'rehashed souls' and anyone not familiar with rift will see the few cool vfx on some of the abilities shown and hopefully thats enough to grab them.
    "Anyone that has played Rift"?

We're not all conspiracy theorists.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

Shadowlander

Default Thoughts?

After talking to my oldest, here are some ideas for power-sets. Something with lasers or even electricity. We don't have an ae that is electric. I know Warriors have it as Tempest. Even going in punching with our fists would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    I have heard of statistics which is exactly why using change in raiding population (not statistically significant enough) doesn't make any sense at all. If Trion dropped everything except for raiding, you would see the raiding population go up slightly, but the overall population would plummet. So how can a change in raiding population be used as evidence of the population as a whole? I never said fewer guilds raiding means more population. I merely pointed out a flaw in using raiding population as evidence of total population.
    you are correct, not all guilds use TopofRift to report progress. I was merely pointing out that the number of guilds that report to top of rift has plummeted. I only drew the conclusion of "less guilds reporting" = less guilds overall which in turn = less population in the game. If you feel that there are more guilds progressing and they just don't want to report anything to topofrift, you are entitled to your opinion but I would disagree.

Prophet of Telara

I actually LOL'd. My boss just looked over at me funny.
    I will not delete my characters for an unwated server merge.

I logged in - just so that I could like this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hawk View Post

All I got from this post was 'are designed whole-cloth' and 'subconsciously ape'.

*ahem*
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-
    | VIRALIST: 65 |

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast