+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree210Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Seatin's First Look at the Primalist Calling

Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    Fantastic! This video was just to poke a bit of fun at the announcement trailer.

I'm very interested to find out more about the Primalist and what the spirit animals and new resource bar adds to the actual gameplay in the coming months
    I'm in agreement. There's only so many ways to skin a Telaran cat. And no one (once again) is forced to buy anything as the entire content is playable with what they have. I for one, like the animal spirits. Furries Unite! (Would rather have a dragon spirit)

Default True

... but you have to admit, the video is humorous

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DmgIncGM View Post
    ... but you have to admit, the video is humorous
    Now it's something that I couldn't pull off. It had to be Seatin's awesome voice that carries it off. 10/10

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Meteorblade View Post
    Why not?

Aren't we allowed to be upset that they're trying to charge us again for something we've already bought and paid for and they haven't bothered to maintain in a working order?
    Don't buy it then.

Really.

The Preserver has surface-level similarities to the Chloro. But does it play like a Chloro? The Typhoon has surface-level similarities to the Stormcaller, but does it play like a Stormcaller?

I hop on my alts from time to time when I get a little bored of my main. I don't do it because they have different elemental themes, but because the way they deliver damage and healing are quite different, and as a result: refreshing.

That said, good video Seatin. Took me longer than it should have to realize you were not really playing the Primalist. I kept on wondering why they would recycle 'Crystalline Missiles' as an ability name.
    Last edited by Nefelia; 08-10-2015 at 06:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDataDude View Post
    That's just it. We have tons data and information available but some people in this thread say they have evidence of the opposite. So I am asking what's the source because it's certainly nothing I have. Make sense?

~BDD
    http://www.topofrift.com/rankings/wo...frozen_tempest

http://www.topofrift.com/standings/w...ress/murdantix

of course i'm going to get a reply of "that's raiding....etc" by extension the health of a game permanents to all aspects of said game, so if we have less guilds raiding, by extension i assume we have less players...
    Last edited by somestuff; 08-10-2015 at 06:52 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Meteorblade View Post
    The number of guild mates that have quit since NT was released, especially since T2 came out, quoting the reason that they're bored silly due to having to re-visit re-hashed HK / GP raid instances that they spent months of progression on back when they were actually new four years ago. Having spoken to people in other raiding guilds, we're not the only guild affected by this.
    Woo, turnover. Better yet, turnover amongst people who have likely played the game to death.

Take a break and come back in half a year or so (or not, entirely up to you). I've done so twice already in the three years I've played Rift. Playing a game consecutively for a number of years is not sustainable.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by somestuff View Post

of course i'm going to get a reply of "that's raiding....etc" by extension the health of a game permanents to all aspects of said game, so if we have less guilds raiding, by extension i assume we have less players...
    I'd give you a industry number of how many people on average raid in MMO's and thus explaining how little your observation means in the grand scheme of things, but why bother. Even if they released actual hard numbers people would just say they made them up. Its a no win situation.
    Last edited by Khelendross; 08-10-2015 at 06:55 AM.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    I'd give you a industry number of how many people on average raid in MMO's and thus explaining how little your observation means in the grand scheme of things, but why bother. Even if they released actual hard numbers people would just say they made them up. Its a no win situation.
    Well said. People believe what they want to believe.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

Ascendant

Ah, an assumption. Weak.

Do you have any data regarding PvP? Has the recent PvP-friendly changes effected the PvP population positively, negatively, or not at all.

How about casual players? Has the addition of Onslaughts, Intrepid Adventures, and Featured IAs effected the casual population positively, negatively, or not at all?

Wardrobes? Dimensions?

Soulwalker

This is comparing apples and oranges. Frozen Tempest was a Storm Legion Tier 1 raid and has been out much longer so many more guilds completed it, while Murdantix is the first boss of Hammerknell, a Nightmare Tide Tier 2 raid.

Try comparing to this: http://www.topofrift.com/standings/w...e/mount_sharax (87 guilds completing this NT Tier 1 raid compared to 90 completing the corresponding SL Tier 1 raid). That is not a significant difference in total guild population.

if we have less guilds raiding, by extension i assume we have less players...
    World of Warcraft with it's "supposed" almost 6 million players has barely 21 Guilds that have cleared the latest Raid on Mythic setting, i can't even begin to try and work out how many Guilds that game would have with that many players

Rift has, what, only three Guilds that have cleared the content? like it or not "hardcore" raiding is a dying concept, just ask Carbine Studios.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefelia View Post
    Ah, an assumption. Weak.

Do you have any data regarding PvP? Has the recent PvP-friendly changes effected the PvP population positively, negatively, or not at all.

How about casual players? Has the addition of Onslaughts, Intrepid Adventures, and Featured IAs effected the casual population positively, negatively, or not at all?

Wardrobes? Dimensions?
    No, I don't have that data and the only people who do wont share, but they expect evidence from us whenever we make statements.

Listen, do people who raid just raid log, sure some do. But to think all raiders just raid log is ignorant. Raiders need void stones, they need marks, they want pvp gear, they run DRR's....its mind boggling to think raiders only raid and don't do anything else. Anytime I join a pvp match I see many players from raiding guilds....

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    I'll start thinking about joining a raiding guild in 3 months or so. Untill then I'll stay guildless.

When this game was subscription based, I had instant queues for dungeons, any time of the day, and I could run dungeons all day, with all kind of pugs.

This game does not have pve, yet.

I do not know numbers about how many people pve end content, but this game does have fewer for a reason.
    Last edited by Dee Dee; 08-10-2015 at 07:10 AM.

I would not use a website that is player-run as evidence to support your claims. I can think of dozens of guilds on NA that have killed Murdantix that aren't on that list. I also think that while the "hardcore raiding" population has decreased a bit, the general raiding population and overall population has gone up recently. Of course, I have no numbers to support this, so take it with a grain of salt. And yeah, I'm going to call you out on using raiding population as well. No, the raiding population does not reflect the Rift population as a whole. I would actually argue that more guilds are raiding because the requirements are lower so your assumption would be wrong in that case (Of course, no numbers, so really this is just a pointless argument that gets us nowhere )
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Ascendant

No, I don't have that data and the only people who do wont share, but they expect evidence from us whenever we make statements.
    They are likely curious as to were the gloom and doom is coming from, especially since their figures likely don't bear that out

Listen, do people who raid just raid log, sure some do. But to think all raiders just raid log is ignorant. Raiders need void stones, they need marks, they want pvp gear, they run DRR's....its mind boggling to think raiders only raid and don't do anything else. Anytime I join a pvp match I see many players from raiding guilds....
    I don't see how this is relevant. The progressive raiding population makes up what, 10% or Rift's population? Furthermore, the conditions that lead to the increase or reduction of this population - like the recycled HK raid - have zero impact on the rest of the population.

Hence my response. While the progressive raiding population may (or may not) have decreased due to disappointment with T2 raids, the rest (90%) of the population have received popular content recently and may (or may not) have grown as a response. Using one small segment of Rift's population to assess the overall health and direction of Rift's general population just does not work.
    Last edited by Nefelia; 08-10-2015 at 07:14 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast