+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11
Like Tree210Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Seatin's First Look at the Primalist Calling

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hawk View Post
    I can promise you that the Primalist souls are not actually rehashes of existing souls. But saying that wouldn't make for nearly as funny of a youtube video, I suspect. :P But seriously, at no point did we sit down and say 'OK, let's make this soul like this other soul but different colors.' All of the Primalist souls are designed whole-cloth around one new concept - Dervish is supposed to feel like you are a whirlwind flurrying your weapons at your target, for instance. While Preserver features plants and water in its theming and art, it plays nothing like Chloromancer or Warden, as another example. Typhoon isn't about Ice at all, unlike Stormcaller, as yet another example.

But, we hear you guys! We're actively going through all the trees now and making sure we didn't subconsciously ape any previously existing trees. Thanks for all the feedback.
    It is interesting the different takes people can have on Primalist. After watching the Primalist dev stream I think the similarities to existing souls is superficial at most. The fact that some of the elements look similar is not surprising considering they fit in the same genre as the rest of Rift.

The play style looks very different. Having to alternate your high/low cunning and high/low fury skills so that you control your bar as it swings between max Cunning, max Fury and balance? Having specific skills that can only be used when you are at a particular point in the arc?

I looked at the stream and thought how much more deeper this class looks than what we have now.

EDIT: The reason I actually came to this thread was to tell Seatin how his video gave me a good chuckle - I got distracted with the above :-)
    Last edited by Ranathon; 08-16-2015 at 01:09 AM.
    Stormwarden L60 Cleric
    Mishca L60 rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Eione View Post
    It is strange to be upset about something which is given free, if you don't like it, move along.
    The primalist calling / souls will not be free.

I also paid money for Storm Legion and the Dream Souls. Let me take Tactician as an example there... when was the last time you saw a 61 point tactician? Some people haven't even seen one it's that long since it was viable. That's the level of dedication Trion has to something I paid them money for. Why would I pay them more money for more souls which they might not bother to maintain, just like Tactician...

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    As to the reuse of content, it's smart in that it gives more playable content to players and keeps amazing aspects of the game still relevant.
    No, it's lazy and it's very boring for those of us that saw it when it was actually new content.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    I tried. I really did.

I just couldn't resist making this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8Qm_yYLTNw
    10/10

Dank indeed

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Raive View Post
    The magical "guild removal due to inactivity" was removed with the not-so-recent rollout, they are there just greyed out everything that's seen is what has been submitted (mind you the site came in at the tail end of EE/Hard Modes and I know a good number of guilds that didn't backtrack and add old stuff)

Off the top of my head its mainly EU guilds that were the bulk of guilds missing (Aeyths.eu site didn't get archived). But like Favourtism, Game Over, old SO, just off the top of my head. There's a good deal missing, its only say GA and beyond is when you got some form of decent representation.

Again far from complete but take it how you will:

FT - 92 Guilds (84 Clears) <---- missing a ton from here
    EE - 92 Guilds (67 Clears) <---- missing a ton from here too
    GA - 98 Guilds (64 Clears) <--- not so much missing
    IG - 78 Guilds (47 Clears)
    PBB - 79 Guilds (28 Clears)
    BoB - 46 Guilds (12 Clears) <---- maelbro got NO love
    RoF - 88 Guilds (79 Clears) <---- can't explain the jump in submissions here
    MS - 84 Guilds (58 Clears)
    TF - 66 Guilds (29 Clears) <--- 1 HM Crucia kill, like wot m8
    HK - 53 Guilds (6 Clears) <--- aky too hard bro
    GPNM - 38 Guilds (32 Clears)
    GPHM - 14 Guilds (7 Clears) <--- some guilds here didn't submit NM but like who cares about NM
    Is that how many guilds cleared each raid? That's...very sad....

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Procne View Post
    Why is that sad? Do people think Rift has 10 million players or something?
    Rift has a very small playerbase compared to the big MMO's like WoW or Tera.
    Raiding scene is always the smallest part of the playerbase and the numbers show it here best.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Nuuli View Post
    Trion may be adjusting Rift for even more casual style playing to attract new players.
    Some of the comments in here brought this article to mind.

http://knowledge.insead.edu/strategy...ean-traps-4082

I'd guess someone at Trion has taken the first point to heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwateguy View Post
    Some of the comments in here brought this article to mind.

http://knowledge.insead.edu/strategy...ean-traps-4082

I'd guess someone at Trion has taken the first point to heart.
    I'm afraid you're right.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Procne View Post
    And most of those clears happened when the content was already irrelevant like BoB clears, only 3 clears, afaik, before expansion came out.

Saddest part is lack of clears is not because the content is actually hard but because quality of player base went down like crazy and the mentality of 1 hour effort=i want bis rewards took over the game. i guess is a side effect of f2p that people feel entitled to get everything with no effort cause is f2p.

Also raid content quality is a lot worse, rehased raids, rehased models for every boss,repetitive mechanics, no real challenge for dpsers its basically pew pew this and pew pew that-> grab shines, with the exception of the almighty soulrender zilas(i guess i can add crucia(pre all the nerfs) and hm crucia) and there is where most guilds get stuck cause of the explained on the previous paragraph. Then they release igp faceroll NM giving relics for free. what motivation can have a guild to progress on HK if they can get everything from igp with 1/4 the effort?
    Last edited by N3okorrales; 08-19-2015 at 04:43 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11