+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 36 souls... and NO PLACE for monks and not only...

Shadowlander

Unhappy 46 souls!!!... and NO PLACE for monks and not only...

In the world of RPG/moorpg Monk can be called a fairly classic for these genres. But for some reasons, we did not see them among the souls of ascended. We can meet paladins, necromancers, warlocks, shamans, and many other class analogues(even berserker -pretty soon/even "ghostbuster" soul)., But unfortunately, we could not find the Monk soul/calling(i dont mean some elements in 5 + souls-cuz Monk usually has high defencive capabilities/control and support abilities+ usually monks are pretty fast and like crushing weapon type). A few years ago we lost a Dark Crusader analogue(antipaladin/SK/DK-knight with dark magic-ranged attacks with lifetaps/debuffs on ressists and stats, aoe taunts etc.). Reaver was a bit like(cuz just has simillar dmg/magic type-but only a bit) then he became a Pve/taunt bot and later he turned into a "ultrawarlock". Its also a bit sad that players can`t meet souls with "shapeshifter" mechanic or illusionist/mesmer analogue(Please do not confuse with dominator analogue).
    What you think?- Those types of souls do not deserve to be in a Rift???
    Personally, I believe that Monk(player can meet monks as npc in NT, SL areas) should replace a shaman, cuz such soul more fit for Primalist calling.

Sorry for my english.
    Last edited by Vorch22; 08-17-2015 at 02:37 AM.

I would like invisible weapons / unarmed / one-hand-no-offhand animations

Shadowlander

Suppose, monk haven't problem with any type of weapon, bot more often use ascetic(as their life) staff/quarterstaff/Sickle/hands or exotic(kama/kuwa/bo etc). Nwn monks use some sort fists bandages/gloves.
    Last edited by Vorch22; 08-08-2015 at 09:15 AM.

i hate the concept of monks. i hope they never make a monk/monk-like class.

instant veto.
    Last edited by fatbahmi; 08-08-2015 at 09:21 AM.

Rift Disciple

I myself have never like monks in games, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have a place, just that im not gonna ask them to spend time on doing it!

Shadowlander

Its your right. Probleme here is not about "like/dislike" its more about class/souls minimum set, about souls types diversity(as Trion said''The Ascended Class System gives you the freedom, choice, and power to adventure the way you want with characters perfectly suited to your style of play"). In any MMO with 18+ classes always present classes as Monk and SK. Mb Trion is trying to be original only in a negative meaning cuz in that case ACS not so flexible.
    Seriously, so many types of clerics and we haven't one of the most authentic.
    Of course there are some difficulties with the "implantation" of equipment,BUT all the problems are limited to decision by developers(just do not add shotguns and plate armor).
    Last edited by Vorch22; 08-08-2015 at 10:07 AM.

Sword of Telara

Something tells me Trion are trying to do away with souls which require specific weapon types ever since they changed them a loong time ago (pre-SL release I think, but that was before my time).

Unarmed makes no sense for martial characters in Rift because weapon DPS contributes so hugely to their damage, and to fit in with the game damage needs to scale on weapons.

If it had to summon its iconic weapons then sure, but we already have that. But forcing unarmed-ness or specific weapon types causes all sorts of problems with the way the game and gear are now set up.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Vorch22 View Post
    Its your right. Probleme here is not about "like/dislike" its more about class/souls minimum set, about souls types diversity(as Trion said''The Ascended Class System gives you the freedom, choice, and power to adventure the way you want with characters perfectly suited to your style of play"). In any MMO with 18+ classes always present classes as Monk and SK. Mb Trion is trying to be original only in a negative meaning cuz in that case ACS not so flexible.
    Seriously, so many types of clerics and we haven't one of the most authentic.
    kindly go back to whatever mmo has monks!!!
    i hope you enjoyed your stay in rift!
    can i have your plats?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by fatbahmi View Post
    kindly go back to whatever mmo has monks!!!
    i hope you enjoyed your stay in rift!
    can i have your plats?
    Yep, yep, we already go back many times ...
    whatever( exactly NOT whatever) mmo has monks!!!
    whatever mmo has paladins!!!
    whatever mmo has necros!!!
    whatever mmo has warlocks!!!
    whatever mmo has rangers!!!
    whatever mmo has assasins!!!
    end so on

Daoc has friar(celtic matrial artist) at least http://camelotherald.wikia.com/wiki/Friar

Nope. You cant. It's My Precious
    Last edited by Vorch22; 08-08-2015 at 12:22 PM.

TBH, a soul for Warrior at some point that "Utilizes the planar energy within their bodies to alter the flow of combat by wielding their flesh as a weapon" could be nice.

...Actually that last part is bringing up too many memories of those god forsaken Shapers in SL content lol.
    Eithel - 65 Rogue - Faeblight
    Hinokage - Eventual 65 Mage - Faeblight

I'm not sure there's any place in the lore for monks. Now, as a given, I personally have no use for that sort of class, but I understand that many others do.

Looking into the lore though - I just don't see it.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Back before launch, during my time in Trion's office due to me being invited to the Gamer Day thing, I remember asking about the possibility of fist weapons and a Monk style soul, and remember being told that the animations would be hard to do.

Dunno how that stands today, and of course, that was back before appearance weapons were a thing, but...it does make some sense....only some though.

I love martial artist classes in RPGs though, so if there was a way to get myself punching, without the loss of stats...I'd be happy.
    Last edited by Darcnova; 08-09-2015 at 07:35 PM.

monks are supposed to be peaceful. i doubt they'd enjoy punching dragons out of the air.

Quote Originally Posted by fatbahmi View Post
    monks are supposed to be peaceful. i doubt they'd enjoy punching dragons out of the air.
    RPG Monks are a completely different beast...
    Last edited by Darcnova; 08-09-2015 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aysander View Post
    by wielding their flesh as a weapon"
    Does banging ones head against the keyboard count?
    Cleric

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast