+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: The new Primal Warbeast

General of Telara

Ok, maybe a silly question here since I don't have an amphibious mount but....

What is makes it so difficult to add aquatic ability to a mount? Is there a specific animation that the amphibious mounts have in water vs. land? All I would like from my mounts is for them to no kick me off when I enter water. I don't really care if they still look like they are hopping along while "swimming".

Exactly! Thanks for posting this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhipf View Post

What is makes it so difficult to add aquatic ability to a mount? Is there a specific animation that the amphibious mounts have in water vs. land? All I would like from my mounts is for them to no kick me off when I enter water. I don't really care if they still look like they are hopping along while "swimming".
    Procrastine@Gelidra in <Dawn Ethernal> guild - apply now at: https://eternal-dawn.net/

Web: http://www.jana4u.net/
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/jana4u

Swimming is fun, but let's be serious here, the "need" for it won't last forever. As it stands, only about 10% of Nightmare Tide is really water based. The next "expansion" will have a need for something else ... fire, air, earth, etc.

Once that expansion comes out, the Nightmare Tide areas will be as empty as Vanilla and Storm Legion are now.

And in the interest of full disclosure, I purchased the Limited Edition NT pack for me and my wife and got a swimming boost from a weekly for my Pink Budgie. If you can make a giant pink cannery swim under water, you can make a giant rhino/hippo swim too. But I know neither of them will matter much longer.
    Last edited by Proclus_Lycaeus; 08-10-2015 at 03:17 AM.
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #19

Basically it all comes down to animations. Some mounts have swimming animations, some don't. Some of those that do, it's a placeholder. Some it can be added to easily, others... don't look as good. We'll investigate in this case.

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #20

Ok, so I heard back from the team and unfortunately the mount will not be aquatic immediately as the animations don't exist yet. These are on the list of things to do, I'll talk to the team about whether or not they will be applied retroactively.

Rift Disciple

If all you want is an amphibious mount, the power pack that is only 20.00 has the Ember Lifter Mount that is amphibious, and each character on your account gets it.. as well as any future characters you ever make. I am extremely happy with the Ember Lifter Mount in the power pack package.
    Last edited by Ahnastashia; 08-10-2015 at 12:25 PM.

Shadowlander

Default Amphibious Mounts - Why?

First off, I bought the 99.00 dollar package.
    Second, I have over 100 mounts, many amphibious. Many I have paid extra to "train" to swim.

The reason I WANT this newest mount to be amphibious is because I like it and I want to use it as much as possible. BUT, if I am in pvp and it happens to be one of the few maps that has water and we can use a mount, I will not use the Primal Warbeast because it will kick me off whenever I hit water and slow me down, and take extra time to remount.

Same goes for Instant Adventures, the goal changes, you have to move to the new area, guess what there is a stream, river, lake, ocean in your way, you have to go around it or you will dismount!

Same for goes for grouping in the new CRIFTS.

I want to use this new mount i paid SO much money for, but I cannot. I do NOT care if it has swimming animations. I do not care if it looks like it is hopping or running in water. I just don't want to be dismounted and have to take SOOO long to remount it!

Please Trion fix this. I don't want fancy animations, just keep me mounted when I hit water and I will be happy.

Just to set things straight, the Power Pack gives you the Ember Lifter. Sort of a Back to The
    Future anti-gravity skateboard. I have it and love it. It scales to your fastest mount and flies through the water.

Featherrock

I think most people compaining here already have other amphibious mount(s), but they want this one to swim, not to use other mounts.

I have 2 Threshers and that Ember Lifter from Power Pack - 3 amphibious mounts! (And some people definitely have way more.) And still it is huge disappointment for me that Primal Warbeast can't swim. I am not even considering buying new pack because of that. It was exactly the same during mount sale. I would buy some, but since I am stuck with my amphibious ones, I bought none though I liked a lot of them. Not to mention some of them can't even be trained to swim. :'(
    Procrastine@Gelidra in <Dawn Ethernal> guild - apply now at: https://eternal-dawn.net/

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ahnastashia View Post
    If all you want is an amphibious mount, the power pack that is only 20.00 has the Ember Lifter Mount that is amphibious, and each character on your account gets it.. as well as any future characters you ever make. I am extremely happy with the Ember Lifter Mount in the power pack package.

Yes I know about the Power Pack and Ember Lifter mount I'm just holding out until I have the scratch (RL money, credits or plat) to get a 155% amphibious mount.

Though I just might get this pack so all my characters have an amphibious mount.

I don't agree at all. Amphibious mount is (and will be) useful everywhere, not just in Plane of Water. I use only amphibious mounts on my alts as well (they are still in Mathosia zones, not even in SL) and it is priceless. Training mounts to swim may be viable if you play only with one character. And some mounts can't be trained at all currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Proclus_Lycaeus View Post
    Swimming is fun, but let's be serious here, the "need" for it won't last forever. As it stands, only about 10% of Nightmare Tide is really water based. The next "expansion" will have a need for something else ... fire, air, earth, etc.

Once that expansion comes out, the Nightmare Tide areas will be as empty as Vanilla and Storm Legion are now.

And in the interest of full disclosure, I purchased the Limited Edition NT pack for me and my wife and got a swimming boost from a weekly for my Pink Budgie. If you can make a giant pink cannery swim under water, you can make a giant rhino/hippo swim too. But I know neither of them will matter much longer.

12.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #27

So I've talked to the team and have more complete answers:
    • The Primal Warbeast is not currently amphibious.But...
    • We're working on animations to make amphibious!
    • Once these animations are complete, we'll retroactively grant amphibious abilities to the Primal Warbeast! But...
    • We don't have a timeline finalized yet for when this will happen.

Thanks for bringing this point up folks, it was very useful.

Shadowlander

Smile Thank you SO much OCHO

REALLY am thankfull that I will at sometime be able to use the new Primal Warbeast without dismounting whenever I hit water!

Please thank all team members who will make this happen in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Wackywoo View Post
    But... It's a dinosaur!

(Hopefully the first of many)

There have already been others. There's those Ash Strider ones. Kinda like lizard birds. They look like dinosaurs to me.

Shield of Telara

I am waiting for a purple one and can we have a bunny on the flag! ~Thanks!
    Last edited by Manasha; 08-11-2015 at 09:03 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast