+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Salvatrix

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Could use some Rares updates.

Sword of Telara

Default Could use some Rares updates.

I have been trying to hunt down all the Rare mobs and am down to my last 6. I just wanted to check if there has been any changes to spawn locations in the last couple of years (it looks like the latest info i could find was from around 2013)? I have finished Nightmare Tides area which would have obviously been newer locations than the last couple of years.

The ones I am most interested in are:

Kleon (seems to spawn on an active rift point)
    Tephra
    Osmas
    Nereus (also spawns on rift point)
    Treebreaker
    Drone Bennkaa

Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. I'm using RareTracker add-on so only need info different from this.

2.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #2
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rhipf View Post
    Drone Bennkaa
    This is the only one on your list that has been touched in years, just a couple of weeks ago infact:

Quote Originally Posted by CM Morgana View Post
    THE DENDROME
    * Fixed a rare mob issue where Drone Bennkaa would spawn instead of Overseer Primarch
    Due to the way it was scripted, the Drone would spawn instead of the Overseer, and you would get credit for both (one due to scripting, the other due to the actual kill). Now that it is fixed, you will have to kill the Drone at its real location deep in a hive.

I recently went through all the rares as a player to complete the achievement myself, so I know the others DO work.
    Last edited by Salvatrix; 08-07-2015 at 02:28 PM.

Sword of Telara

Thanks Tacitus I did come across the update to Overseer and meant to ask if this affected Bennkaa but forgot when I posted.

Now I guess I'll have to figure out where the underground hive is since all the guides have Bennkaa in the same spot as the Overseer.

Edit: Definitely helps to look in the right place. I found Bennkaa right away once I got to the proper location in the hive.
    Last edited by Rhipf; 08-07-2015 at 05:46 PM.

Telaran

Default concerning the ember Isle rare mobs

EI and Mathosia +PoW zone rare have a max that can be up at any time (about 25% of total in zone)-so if you want to speed up the spawns of the ones you need--kill all the others that are up atm-come back in a few hrs--and repeat if neccesary

Sword of Telara

Ok, now I'm a bit confused. I finally got the last of the rares in Ember Isle and thus completed Patience is a Virtue and Monster Hunter Extraordinaire. I thought that Patience is a Virtue gave you the diamond rares portrait frame but nothing has shown up so far. I did get the cape from Patience and the title from Monster Hunter though.

EDIT: Ok, I now have the diamond icon enabled. I was assuming it was just another portrait but see that it is actually an icon (added a new icon option in right-click menu on portrait).
    Last edited by Rhipf; 08-09-2015 at 06:47 PM.

So where does Drone Bennkaa reside? Is it on top of the hive or inside of it?

Sword of Telara

Inside. You will need to follow the road to find the entrance then make your way down.

+ Reply to Thread