+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: The Wilds Pack

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #46

Quote Originally Posted by Aeryle View Post
    This pack is too expensive.

Why did you choose to put it at 99euros? All the old pack cost less euros than dollar. Here you do 1 = 1$ witch make this pack more expensive for european players...
    The price of the Euro has really changed relative to the US dollar. Moving forward we want to make sure we adjust more frequently for this sort of thing, so that when currencies go up or down they are more equivalent for all players (of course then we have to adjust the prices for VAT and everything, you have to talk to your governments about that).

Came here to ask if the "+1 Character Slot" that is in "The Wilds Pack" allows me to go to 13 characters per shard. Looks like the answer is no. So I guess I'll just buy the ability to have a Primalist character by itself. The rest really isn't worth $99 (or what ever the delta will be).
    Last edited by Proclus_Lycaeus; 08-08-2015 at 12:12 PM.
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    The price of the Euro has really changed relative to the US dollar. Moving forward we want to make sure we adjust more frequently for this sort of thing, so that when currencies go up or down they are more equivalent for all players (of course then we have to adjust the prices for VAT and everything, you have to talk to your governments about that).

The value for us is the same... We don't earn more euros.

So it will be less expansive to buy credit than a new pack. That's bad.
    Guild: La main occulte on Brisesol.
    French translator of Tinker Tools.
    Owner of the Telara Rail Road: 14 Train Station are currently open to visit

Quote Originally Posted by sophee View Post
    Still missing!
    I have found today that if you open the store pane, exit it and then reopen it, you see the PTW pack.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Aeryle View Post
    The value for us is the same... We don't earn more euros.

So it will be less expansive to buy credit than a new pack. That's bad.
    We earn even less actually.

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #51

Quote Originally Posted by BoloDeChantilly View Post
    We earn even less actually.
    That all depends on country. Unfortunately fixing the international monetary system is a bit beyond us*, so we need to settle for getting prices as even as possible excepting for taxation differences.

-Ocho-

*Even if we did try to fix it people would complain that we nerfed British pounds and it was a slap in the face. Darn devs and their lazy normalization!

Plane Walker

That all depends on country. Unfortunately fixing the international monetary system is a bit beyond us*, so we need to settle for getting prices as even as possible excepting for taxation differences.

-Ocho-

*Even if we did try to fix it people would complain that we nerfed British pounds and it was a slap in the face. Darn devs and their lazy normalization!

Please nerf the Japanese Yen. It is too OP when compared to the Ruble
    #endthedoublestandards

Quote Originally Posted by Narcise View Post
    I have found today that if you open the store pane, exit it and then reopen it, you see the PTW pack.
    having a PTW pack in a F2P game of a genre as acronym filled as MMOs could result in some misunderstandings.

Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    having a PTW pack in a F2P game of a genre as acronym filled as MMOs could result in some misunderstandings.
    Oy. ROFLOLOL!! I never even thought about that.... because I really never pay any attention to things like "pay to win". In fact, I had to ask what it meant (along with other things....) here a while back....
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Shield of Telara

3Has anyone actually confirmed that you do not get a 13th character slot?

100 seems like a lot unless there is something you really wanted. For me the character slot would be the only real value to me but I am already at 12. I kinda like having the portraits but one day I will be silver tier and you have to use that even tho it is not even that good of a portrait (sad with how hard it is to get). The minion card would be the only other thing I would even be slightly interested in. Other than that unless you really wanted a dino mount you can just get the important stuff with credits.

Maybe if they added an extra shared bank tab like they added an extra bag slot with the last expansion :P
    Last edited by Manasha; 08-09-2015 at 12:58 AM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Manasha View Post
    Maybe if they added an extra shared bank tab like they added an extra bag slot with the last expansion :P
    I think this is something that is causing some confusion, this isn't an expansion we had that with Nightmare Tide and 3.4 is part of that so we got that pack already - though I'd never say no to an extra wardrobe/bag/shard vault space lol and I think this is even more exciting than 3.0.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 08-09-2015 at 01:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lance View Post
    Why does having extra money mean less sense?
    "More money than sense" is an English idiom and used to suggest that whilst the person might have plenty of money they tend to waste a lot of it by spending it foolishly.

This isn't me complaining that I can't afford the pack but rather that I just don't think this pack even vaguely approaches being value for money at this price point because there's so much in it that is purely useless fluff to me. I'm also reluctant to pay Trion for an extra calling / souls when they haven't even maintained the existing callings / souls, including ones we've paid them for in previous soul packs / expansions.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    I think this is something that is causing some confusion, this isn't an expansion we had that with Nightmare Tide and 3.4 is part of that so we got that pack already - though I'd never say no to an extra wardrobe/bag/shard vault space lol and I think this is even more exciting than 3.0.
    Technically, I never called this an expansion nor implied that it was. I just mentioned the last expansion, which was NT where they gave us a bag slot.

This is a 100 dollar pack, the last time they sold something for this amount of money was for the expansion. But even with the expansion this is still a free to play game so the expansion was still free. All the purchase packs back then were fluff as well for those people who wanted an edge since that was the only place to get a water mount at the time. Plus some gear upgrade stuff n such and the bag slot. It was just better fluff back then.

I am usually the first person to shell out money for w/e digital junk they throw at us. This is the first time I have really been like... IDK... is this really worth it. I have all the old past mounts and costumes that never see the light of day. My OCD might want them but in actuality there is nothing I need from these packs or would regret not having. All it would do is keep me from having to spend my current credits on the souls.

Edit: Unless there is a 13th character slot, then I would regret not having it. But unless I missed it I do not think a dev has said either way on that issue.
    Last edited by Manasha; 08-09-2015 at 10:51 AM.

14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #59

Quote Originally Posted by Manasha View Post
    Unless there is a 13th character slot, then I would regret not having it. But unless I missed it I do not think a dev has said either way on that issue.
    I have to look in to this Tuesday.

Shield of Telara

I have to look in to this Tuesday.
    Thanks so much!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast