+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: New Website/Forum look

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    That logo is a terrible crime. I could make that in MSPaint.

The original logo was rough, gritty, variegated. It looked like Telara felt: a dark and dangerous mid-apocalypse world.

The Storm Legion logo was cleaner, sleeker, adorned with the imperious emblems of its eponymous dragon cult. It gave the impression of the expansion's theme: a world in the shadow of tyranny.

The Nightmare Tide logo was rusty and contrasted, with all the crazy Plane-of-Water accoutrements and Eyes-of-Madness popping out here and there. I didn't like it as much as the other two because it had more of a cartoonish look, lacking the simple elegance of its two predecessors, but at least it was artful.

This new logo is bland, boring, lacklustre. Now Rift is even adopting the look of the cheesy Asian F2P MMOs whose business model it's trying to emulate. Rift has always had beautiful artwork in-game. This logo is an insulting non-reflection of the incredible visuals that have always characterised this game.

I mean seriously! It's plain text with a crappy center-field glow. WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?
    What are you, a professional software developer now?

New Website/Forum look-gawdtrunks.png
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    I said the forum design (vBulletin default skin) that currently exists is from Storm Legion. All that was changed for NT and right now is just the background image.
    I guess you are missing the point I haven't mentioned the default skin I am only referring to the background image. This just to clarify:

New Website/Forum look-142.jpg

I am wondering why death rift when we are about to go Planetouched Wilds and the Shalistri are coming as well as Bahmi lore but its ok it really isn't that important and I guess wasn't as obvious as I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    I guess you are missing the point I haven't mentioned the default skin I am only referring to the background image. This just to clarify:

Attachment 25422

I am wondering why death rift when we are about to go Planetouched Wilds and the Shalistri are coming as well as Bahmi lore but its ok it really isn't that important and I guess wasn't as obvious as I thought.
    Yeah, I didn't really see death rift there. I kind of just thought they picked a neat color to set off the graphics....

Then again, for some reason we could be doing Death plane this time. I'd almost prefer that personally. I really have a *wince* reaction trying to imagine Trion producing something wonderful for air/sky/wind/flying....
    Last edited by Narcise; 08-07-2015 at 05:50 PM.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Lol its ok it wasn't that important momentarily confused what bulletin had to do with anything and attempted to explain. I'm curious on the new logo and the planets on main site more than I am about this forum background.
    Last edited by Marana tha; 08-07-2015 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Mod Note: Edited to reflect thread changes.

holy jesus gd that logo. #papaBearDisapproves

#retiredBear #teamBBCs #puffForeverMad

Ascendant

there is also a new promo ad for Rift that I saw on twitch tonight where a rubber suited Finric dumps some sleeping chick in a kiddie pool of water. I'm not even kidding.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Ascendant

This new 'Rift' logo .... nah, please make it go

I agree with Ianto Jones on the new logo. It's fine for one wallpaper, but when you look at it on the Rift website...it just looks bad. Like the life has been sucked out of it.

New Website/Forum look-2015-08-08_154332.jpg

It just seems so out of place compared to all the colors/design of the rest of the page.

I do like the fact that the website was updated with more info. Game guide has slightly more stuff like Elemental Planes.

One Error: Conquest is for Level 65, not Level 60.
    http://www.trionworlds.com/rift/en/game/pvp/

The plain listing of instances feels kind of 'cheap' though. I mean, the Warfront section didn't even get a short blurb.
    Last edited by Jonus; 08-07-2015 at 10:03 PM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    It just seems so out of place compared to all the colors/design of the rest of the page.
    The community blog seems like that a little also (background pic) maybe this will change though?

Curiosity about the Death theme aside the other thing I wondered about is I built a dimension recently with Mind Overseer Sky Projector, its fascinating - like an alternative reality changing the lighting to this dark purple and almost blanking out textures where it's own source of light shines up to it like the Rift Logo making me wonder about the new concepts Senior Concept Artist Drakcoon mentioned last week:

Ocho: What’s something you particularly liked after seeing it in game?
    SM: A lot of it hasn’t been released yet, but the next raid we will release is really exciting to me. It’s a bit of a different direction than we normally go, but the raid will be unique visually with a lot of different elements that will be completely new to RIFT.
    All very fascinating...
    Last edited by Kiwi; 08-08-2015 at 10:12 AM.

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #25

Quote Originally Posted by DrainHeart View Post
    Really liking the new look of the main website and forums, but is it possible you could fix the forum background for 2560x1440p users :c
    Can you send me a screenshot privately, I can take a look. That being said we're working on new forums entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    Forum design didn't change, they just swapped the background image from what it was previous.

Interesting that they're trying to move away from riftgame.com and instead to trionworlds.com/rift/.

When RIFT was our only game, we architected our sites a bit differently on our back end. Since then we've gone to a different architecture and this mostly makes it easy for us to keep multiple products updated. RIFT's website was updated with this to fit into the rest of our larger system.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Super curious about the font for Trion website and the planets and like this layout for finding info but it doesn't seem to correspond as much with the Community Blog, will this be getting an update too other then the font?
    The blog as a separate site is being retired, it's been integrated in the main site now and that is what will be updated moving forward. I'll have information up on the old blog site about that this week, unfortunately this was all tied in with making announcements at Gamescom and there were plenty of things to do to get ready. The old blog site will remain as an archive, since converting it over would probably break some other stuff.
    Last edited by Ocho; 08-08-2015 at 11:34 AM.

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #26

To give you guys a bit more information, the art and logo updates and new ads are part of a push to market the game more. Every so often you want to change up the look to something new and eye catching. Nothing fundamental, but it will help with more advertising and getting more people to play RIFT with you all.

This is the least eye-catching logo you guys have ever put out if I were to be completely honest. It's just so...bland. Here are some examples of the old logos.

Last edited by Sedvick; 08-08-2015 at 11:43 AM.

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #28

Quote Originally Posted by Sedvick View Post
    This is the least eye-catching logo you guys have ever put out if I were to be completely honest. It's just so...bland.

It works well with other stuff, having a "simpler" logo means that it fits in with more things. *Shrug* I'm neither an artist nor a marketing guy, to me a logo is just a logo. This one will be simpler to get as a tattoo when I get around to it one of these days.

Default 2 Cents

Quote Originally Posted by Sedvick View Post
    This is the least eye-catching logo you guys have ever put out if I were to be completely honest. It's just so...bland. Here are some examples of the old logos.

===
    Well, I'm seeing the letters are not uniform:

a) the spacing of "IFT" - is too close together and "R" seems too far away.
    b) "R" and "T"- upper left corners- only letters with a rounded edge on top.
    c) The bottom of "R" blocks the bottom of "I" - maybe lower it not to block.
    c) "F" - the middle has a soft rounded "droop", while edges of other letters are "sharp".
    d) "I" and "F" and "T"- upper part of letters- each have a protruding triangles that look lined up
    e) "R", "I" and "T" - center of letters - same triangles do not look like they line up.
    f) "R" and "T" - bottom edges - need some type of symmetry.

I'd be in favor of moving the copyright symbol to the bottom right.
    I like the font, just some tweaking.
    Respectfully,
    Diz
    Last edited by Dizbo; 08-08-2015 at 12:11 PM. Reason: move copyright symbol

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    The blog as a separate site is being retired, it's been integrated in the main site now and that is what will be updated moving forward. I'll have information up on the old blog site about that this week, unfortunately this was all tied in with making announcements at Gamescom and there were plenty of things to do to get ready. The old blog site will remain as an archive, since converting it over would probably break some other stuff.
    Ahh I was wondering if that was the case but fansites weren't added hopefully this is a WIP.

Cheers for updates and welcome back.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 08-08-2015 at 12:45 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast