+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Primalist inspiring race compromise

Default Primalist inspiring race compromise

I do not post very often, but I have been playing rift for a bit. I have asked Trion for some time for a new race, since I feel that the current choice in races is stagnant. Since that seems unlikely, even still, Primalist has brought a new idea to mind. Whenever I mention the possibility of a new race undoubtedly someone responds with, "it would take too much work, and therefore too much money. I'd rather see 'x' instead".
    So how bout a compromise? Since the primalist shows toons with animal heads taking the place of their normal heads why not include a new set of races that use current race body models and just affix an animal head to that? This is not entirely what I am looking for, but I'm ready to settle.
    I know little about what it would take to implement, but it seems rather minimal. Then Trion could even charge for more skin and tattoo options to make a character look more like whatever animal they are wanting to play. I see it as a low cost-potentially high money maker, at least in my programming ignorance anyway.

Lore would be a more obvious reason for why a new race couldn't be added...I don't think it was ever because of them being hard to make.

Rift Disciple

What we need are body tattoos! Not horse headed men running around xD

Quote Originally Posted by Ackadian View Post
    See, now this would be nice, especially with the wardrobe working the way it does now, and we have already seen variations of most races with tattoos

+1 for new race ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Darcnova View Post
    Lore would be a more obvious reason for why a new race couldn't be added...I don't think it was ever because of them being hard to make.
    An official statement from Trion was never provided. All responses were sheer speculation and being difficult and expensive was the primary reasons given, at least in the past when I mentioned this.
    As for lore. I mean come on. Rifts are literally rips in space time to different universes. It is no stretch to use this to justify any change in the game at all. If suddenly everyone had the green lipstick color bug thingy on their toons at all times and Trion got supremely lazy they could always say oh well its caused by the Rifts and will remain that way and that could be justified with the lore and environment of Rift (obviously this is an over the top example but I still feel as though it's not really that far off).
    If you ever have time to log into Eq2 or Wow the diversity in the pc races alone could give a player hours of options to play and scroll through. Sorry if my mention of other games offends some.

Ascendant

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Ackadian View Post
    WTB Centaur
    \

Rift Disciple

I'd love a new race.. with new lore. I don't know what the next xpac is.. but couldn't it be some new strange land to explore.. with new races we've never seen, and a new race to play?

I would throw my purse at the screen... they could not take my money fast enough!

To make a new race without ignoring lore completely, they'd have to make an entirely new newbie area...or retcon a lot, so I'm gonna be honest when I say that I don't expect a new race anytime soon.

To make a new race without ignoring lore completely, they'd have to make an entirely new newbie area...or retcon a lot, so I'm gonna be honest when I say that I don't expect a new race anytime soon.
    Yeah, that's how I see it. Though.... you COULD shoehorn a new race + new starting area into the Primalist + PTW setup....

But, sorry.... I want Primalist and PTW this year, not two years from now. So, I'll be happy for the Primalist, and the Plane Touched Wilds.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Ascendant

Trion owns Rift lore. Rift isn't some huge *** IP like Starwars or Warcraft whereas any new element that affects lore has to go thru Board of Super Executives, lawyers and the original author. Trion can literally do w/e they see fit.

See we have characters from different planes... we have dragon that looks like octopus, and we have dragons that went from biological to biomechanical, a monster that's as big as a city, a mech that's so big that you ever only see his face... if Trion wants to they can make "Mechanical Greenscale" or make Ninja Volan they can do exactly that.
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 08-07-2015 at 02:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    Trion owns Rift lore. Rift isn't some huge *** IP like Starwars or Warcraft whereas any new element that affects lore has to go thru Board of Super Executives, lawyers and the original author. Trion can literally do w/e they see fit.

See we have characters from different planes... we have dragon that looks like octopus, and we have dragons that went from biological to biomechanical, a monster that's as big as a city, a mech that's so big that you ever only see his face... if Trion wants to they can make "Mechanical Greenscale" or make Ninja Volan they can do exactly that.
    So a new cyborg race (or old races gone cyborg) sounds like not a bad idea.

And what about all these dreams and funky stuff that came with 3.0, we got told the sky is the limit and anything can happen here, so why not a new race

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by GolfWang View Post
    So a new cyborg race (or old races gone cyborg) sounds like not a bad idea.

And what about all these dreams and funky stuff that came with 3.0, we got told the sky is the limit and anything can happen here, so why not a new race
    In case you failed to read properly. I never said there shouldn't be a new race. I simply pointed out to the other poster who said the reason there's no new race could be a lore issue.

Trion can make any lore as they see fit, which includes make of a new race or 10 races for all I care. I cannot fathom how you related w/e I said to "NO NEW RACE KTHXBAI".
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 08-07-2015 at 02:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    In case you failed to read properly. I never said there shouldn't be a new race. I simply pointed out to the other poster who said the reason there's no new race could be a lore issue.

Trion can make any lore as they see fit, which includes make of a new race or 10 races for all I care. I cannot fathom how you related w/e I said to "NO NEW RACE KTHXBAI".
    I think you misread what i meant, i just got the cyborg idea from your post. I dont find anything in my post stating that your wrong or any of that.

Why is everybody so grumpy and defensive on this forum?
    Last edited by GolfWang; 08-07-2015 at 03:18 AM.

Prophet of Telara

It's a money/resources bottleneck, not a lore bottleneck.

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post4743641
    I will not delete my characters for an unwated server merge.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast