+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 384
Like Tree216Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: New Calling!

  1. #91
    Champion of Telara Stihl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,277

    Default

    There's no way they get the same 76 soul points the current callings do. Unless the developers somehow fail to see how having 60% of your available soul points left over after fully investing into the only tank tree is a horrible idea.
    Last edited by Stihl; 08-06-2015 at 01:27 PM.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

  2. #92
    Rift Chaser DeLivia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    388

    Default

    So has it been confirmed what type of armor the Primalist will wear? I think I spotted some leather armor in the video or something. If they use one of the already existing types of armor it seems a bit unfair that those who currently use that armor will have a whole new calling to compete for drops.

  3. #93
    Plane Touched dunkelst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    277

    Default

    Is this a primalist-only thing or will the souls of the other callings also be dumbed down to 31 points max? It sounds like a lot of work, doesn't it? You're not going to, are you? Right?

  4. #94
    RIFT Guide Writer Burninalways's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeLivia View Post
    So has it been confirmed what type of armor the Primalist will wear? I think I spotted some leather armor in the video or something. If they use one of the already existing types of armor it seems a bit unfair that those who currently use that armor will have a whole new calling to compete for drops.
    They were all costume pieces in the video so they didn't give anything away, apart from being able to use twohanders and onehanders/offhanders.

    However when dealing ranged damage they never switched to a Gun, Bow or Wand.
    Though that could be vfx and animations.
    True Server First Prime GP: Anrak the Foul & Guurloth
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

  5. #95
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lordmitz View Post
    i don't know about trimming abilities out of the trees, but are you seriously telling me that putting 5 points into "increases damage/healing by x%" is fun and rewarding when it could just be baked into the spec by default?

    back on topic: titan sounds great, as does dervish. i'm excited!
    Yes. Because you have to compare it to 10% Stat gain or what abilities you gain/lose.

    Nerfing the trees to much (not saying primalist is) will take the best aspect out of rift, the ability to design custom specs (even if some suck)
    \

  6. #96
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reticularize View Post
    Yes. Because you have to compare it to 10% Stat gain or what abilities you gain/lose.

    Nerfing the trees to much (not saying primalist is) will take the best aspect out of rift, the ability to design custom specs (even if some suck)
    Yup, I agree. If they dumb down the other callings.. that will just about ruin RIFT *for me*. I love more than I can possibly explain coming up with unique specs from the soul tree options. That ability to do that is one of the things I love most about playing RIFT.



    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    There's no way they get the same 76 soul points the current callings do. Unless the developers somehow fail to see how having 60% of your available soul points left over after fully investing into the only tank tree is a horrible idea.
    What about hybrid options? I am someone who likes a little from this tree, a little from that tree.. ooh.. and some of that... from that tree over there... I need alllllll 76 skill points... and more if I could get them..

    I really hope Trion does not "streamline" the other callings. Please don't?
    Last edited by Ahnastashia; 08-06-2015 at 02:01 PM.

  7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #97
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahnastashia View Post
    What about hybrid options? I am someone who likes a little from this tree, a little from that tree.. ooh.. and some of that... from that tree over there... I need alllllll 76 skill points... and more if I could get them..

    I really hope Trion does not "streamline" the other callings. Please don't?
    Primalist maintains the same talent point ratio as the other callings.

    For example, the 21 point Primal Avatar talent is the same as the 41 point talent in the other four callings. This means that you can't have two 21 point talents much like you can't have two 41 point talents.

    Also, with it maintaining the same ratio, that means that if the tree is 31 points max that you'll have extra points to spend in other souls. Rounded up.

  8. #98
    Champion of Telara Stihl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    Primalist maintains the same talent point ratio as the other callings.

    For example, the 21 point Primal Avatar talent is the same as the 41 point talent in the other four callings. This means that you can't have two 21 point talents much like you can't have two 41 point talents.

    Also, with it maintaining the same ratio, that means that if the tree is 31 points max that you'll have extra points to spend in other souls. Rounded up.
    So I am assuming @ 60+ Primalist will have 39 soul points?
    Last edited by Stihl; 08-06-2015 at 02:20 PM.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

  9. #99
    Ascendant Narcise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    2,468

    Default

    Oh my GODDESS. I got chills watching that little vid. Ohboy this cannot happen too soon for me.

    Tomorrow. Yeah, I know. Want, seriously WANT this calling! And the Wilds to go feral in....
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

  10. #100
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    Primalist maintains the same talent point ratio as the other callings.

    For example, the 21 point Primal Avatar talent is the same as the 41 point talent in the other four callings. This means that you can't have two 21 point talents much like you can't have two 41 point talents.

    Also, with it maintaining the same ratio, that means that if the tree is 31 points max that you'll have extra points to spend in other souls. Rounded up.
    Thank you for your response, and that's good to know!

    However, my main who is a warrior has a spec that is 34 beastmaster, 22 tempest, and 20 liberator (which I bet almost no one has for their warrior spec.. but it works for me.. and is exactly how I want it to be), and I just don't what her messed with through a streamlining of her skills. It took me a long time to get her where I want her spec wise.. a lot of trial and error, and she is almost exactly perfect to me.

    As long as only primalist has the streamlined trees.. I'm ok with that. I might even like it.. I just don't want my other callings pruned.

  11. #101
    Ascendant radiomaryja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,478

    Default

    I fully expect it to be overpowered as hell. I can see primalist tank being either fully self-sustained with enough points in preserver, or dealing more dmg than VK with enough points in dervish. Still, I have no intention of rerolling my mage, especially that support soul is not released.


    Why would you release 2 aoe souls, and no support soul? Really...
    Last edited by radiomaryja; 08-06-2015 at 02:28 PM.

  12. #102
    Sword of Telara Nithydux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by radiomaryja View Post
    Why would you release 2 aoe souls, and no support soul? Really...
    You really thought Trion wouldn't leave something out to include with a soul pack later?

    Hell, honestly this isn't any different from all the other callings, without the soul packs, none of them are capable of filling all roles. This isn't surprising.
    Niou Glitterdance - 70 The Silent
    Wikstrom Seihachi - 6- The Relentless
    -= Faeblight =-

  13. #103
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by radiomaryja View Post
    I fully expect it to be overpowered as hell. I can see primalist tank being either fully self-sustained with enough points in preserver, or dealing more dmg than VK with enough points in dervish.
    I hope not. That will drive people away as it appears P2W. I would rather them be release underpowered by a slight margin than overpowered
    \

  14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #104
    Rift Team Ocho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,933

    Default

    Quick post because I have very limited data on my phone and it's one am here in Germany.

    We'll have more info tomorrow and in the coming weeks, so check the website and forums. Expect live streams as well to talk about a lot of the new stuff coming in 3.4. There's a ton of amazing stuff and we can't wait to share more.

    Night all!

  15. #105
    Ascendant spaceboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,760

    Default

    Might as well delete the other callings. Looks like you got a tree to pretend to be them all.

    Wonder if our current trees got pruned as well.

    Glad to see cool vfx for each tree's theme though finally. Should help make the homogenization feel a little more fun. Also him mentioning you'll want to go at least 21 pts in, hints that at least hybridization was in their mind some.

    I'm curious how the new druidish bar will play out. Will it help hybridization at all or just force you more to always play one side or another.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts