+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree216Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: New Calling!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by SixPM View Post
    61 points is unnecessary and just leads to a lot of fluff talent points. i guess trion decided to trim it down a bit and focus on the important talents
    Right, but how is that going to work with 4 other classes that have 61 pts?
    \

Neat vid! Can't wait!
    Last edited by Narielia; 08-06-2015 at 10:57 AM.
    "When the last tree is cut, the last fish is caught, and the last river is polluted; when to breathe the air is sickening, you will realize, too late, that wealth is not in bank accounts and that you canít eat money."

Rift Master

Granted it's still super early but my initial reaction is kinda mixed.
    On the one hand some of the stuff looks cool, but there were also 2 main things left me abit disappointed.

One being that it's not really the shapeshifter I had hoped it would, yea sure it gains the spirit of certain animals and such but the visual representation of that is lackluster with just a glowy animal head.

The other being the potential dumbing down of the soul trees .Like some other people have said if it's like just moving stuff like ap/sp etc into the gift instead of being a separate talent that's one thing, but if it's trimming stuff like talents that modify the function of existing skills(for example stuff like Beastmaster Abolition talent making Fierce Strike also purge) or trimming skills outright I'm not a huge fan of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Reticularize View Post
    Right, but how is that going to work with 4 other classes that have 61 pts?
    It's not, because it doesn't have to?
    Primalists can earn points at a different rate.

Soulwalker

fyi guys, this is still a wip and the tree probably isn't finished yet. It's more than likely it'll have 61 points on release.

Quote Originally Posted by KarmaKatty View Post
    fyi guys, this is still a wip and the tree probably isn't finished yet. It's more than likely it'll have 61 points on release.
    This is a possibility as well. If I'm remembering correctly, during beta/alpha, when soul trees were shown off for the initial callings, the list wasn't complete right away, even though they were actually all finished, the trailers used a previous build/dev settings.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    It's not, because it doesn't have to?
    Primalists can earn points at a different rate.
    But not without seeming OP or UP or P2W etc.
    \

It really is possible that it's just a work in progress, and the entire soul tree hasn't been shown yet. They would've mentioned in the dev diary if it had a different point count, I'm sure.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Darcnova View Post
    It really is possible that it's just a work in progress, and the entire soul tree hasn't been shown yet. They would've mentioned in the dev diary if it had a different point count, I'm sure.
    they mentioned you *should* spend 31 pts to get the animal whatever abilities. And when they moused over it, it was the top of the tree so I would say 31 pt trees is fairly set in stone.
    Last edited by Reticularize; 08-06-2015 at 11:59 AM.
    \

Not really.

If these primal spirits are such important abilities, they would not be 21 points in to a 61 point soul.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by Crithappens View Post
    Not really.

If these primal spirits are such important abilities, they would not be 21 points in to a 61 point soul.
    Things move, important abilities HAVE appeared early in the tree just to receive boosts, etc...it's better to just wait and see instead of jumping to conclusions. I had to see someone on my server going on about how they can't imagine how the healing class could be useful due to having less points than other classes, it's pointless to jump to conclusions like that

Ascendant

Things move, important abilities HAVE appeared early in the tree just to receive boosts, etc...it's better to just wait and see instead of jumping to conclusions. I had to see someone on my server going on about how they can't imagine how the healing class could be useful due to having less points than other classes, it's pointless to jump to conclusions like that
    I agree, just wait and see, but i really doubt they would jump to a 61 pt soul so late in development
    \

The video in the dev diary could have been from an old build too, so...yeah, kinda hard to say.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Crithappens View Post
    Not really.

Dusk to Dawn in a Nightblade skill tree is one of the main dps abilities and it's not a 61 points ability.

I'm sorry Devs, but after re-watching the video a few times I just don't like what I am seeing.

I don't like the current soul tree point setup.

I don't like the fact that all of their souls appear to be from other callings (the only spec that stood out was the tank one, which appears to be fresh).

I was disappointed with the lack of actually transforming into an animal considering the amount of transformations already in the game.

I was disappointed because the calling's looks are generic compared to other games. I would have preferred a steampunk style calling instead (this my preference).

I am also disappointed with the number of souls the calling is launching with, especially when it is lacking a support soul.

On this note, I like the mechanic idea for it, but I just lost a lot of interest in the calling because there were too many things that I just didn't like.
    Everything after Storm Legion was a mistake. (ô)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast