+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree216Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: New Calling!

Their gimmick does sound fun, that's something else I'm excited to see in action.

You may call it dumbing down but it's honestly something that's needed. There's no reason to have useless Points/Roots in Soul Trees for the sake of having of having a big tree. There's a reason why other MMO's with a similar system moved away from it and even Trion stopped supporting it with Nightmare Tide and went with Masteries instead. You may not like it, but if you want better balance and more variety to enable further Souls to be viable it's something sorely needed. Plus, what are they really dumbing down by pruning Souls? Go look at the guides section the majority of specs consist of a spam DPS macros - whenever I watch streams a lot of players are spamming 2-4 macro's, such intelligent gameplay.

I admit that I wouldn't mind some of the useless abilities being trimmed down. It isn't a requirement, but...it'd be nice to not have so many useless skills to go through.

Shadowlander

Primitivism spreads - Wow, Gw2 and now Rift(maybe it is too early to talk about it). I hope the game does not turn into a MOBA. Useless skills should be reprocessed.
    Last edited by Vorch22; 08-06-2015 at 09:59 AM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by DrainHeart View Post
    You may call it dumbing down but it's honestly something that's needed. There's no reason to have useless Points/Roots in Soul Trees for the sake of having of having a big tree. There's a reason why other MMO's with a similar system moved away from it and even Trion stopped supporting it with Nightmare Tide and went with Masteries instead. You may not like it, but if you want better balance and more variety to enable further Souls to be viable it's something sorely needed. Plus, what are they really dumbing down by pruning Souls? Go look at the guides section the majority of specs consist of a spam DPS macros - whenever I watch streams a lot of players are spamming 2-4 macro's, such intelligent gameplay.
    the reason was to make 8 year old kids play their games....cause managing 8 buttons requires super human skill. i dont like the idea of pressing 2 buttons on a 10 minutes raid boss...

Sword of Telara

It depends what they put on the trees. If stuff like "Your <ability> receives x% more benefit from your AP/SP" or "Increases the critical hit chance of <ability> by x%" is built into the abilities by default then it's probably welcome as it cuts down on the amount of stuff in the trees.

More usable stuff in small trees would be nice. It's refreshing to have some specs with a lot of buttons to play with,

But then again, if this isn't how it's going to be, it'll be rather disappointing.

As an aside, that 5s ranged AoE debilitate on a 30s CD is rather more potent than what even cabalist currently has.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

I'm interested to see how these 28 points effect hybrids, though it sounds like Trion is still in favor of eating up all of your points in one soul.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by DrainHeart View Post

I see pruning as a removal of choices... and I like having lots of choices. I never have cookie cutter specs; I typically play hybrids. I am not crazy about someone deciding what is or isn't an important skill for me.

It would be much better *to me* if you are going to "prune" to say there are X number of skills you can have in total.. from your original tree options.. you pick which ones you want to make up that final number of abilities.

That way, I can pick what is important to me.. which might be very different from someone else.. but we both get to make our own choices. That is how pruning should be done.. to allow the most personal choice for everyone.
    Last edited by Ahnastashia; 08-06-2015 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    As an aside, that 5s ranged AoE debilitate on a 30s CD is rather more potent than what even cabalist currently has.
    That is exactly what Cabalist has.

And in terms of ability bloat, at least as a Rogue, I can count on one hand the number of abilities I don't use in the various specs I carry.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

I'm all for smaller trees as long as I have enough points left over to use in other trees.

Plane Touched

so that's the reason why warriors have so many dead souls, the devs just gave primalists what warriors need.

i smell lots of profit inc for Trion.
    Last edited by Morgaith; 08-06-2015 at 10:21 AM.

I wanna only know how much will this new calling cost?

I need to save money
    "No pain, No Gain"
    "The supposition that the newcomers need to "learn to play" or "do better" is silly. ~Daglar"

If the Primalist is successful with it's smaller talent trees, will that be a treatment all prior existing souls will be getting too?

Quote Originally Posted by N3okorrales View Post
    the reason was to make 8 year old kids play their games....cause managing 8 buttons requires super human skill. i dont like the idea of pressing 2 buttons on a 10 minutes raid boss...
    That already happens with people who use macros...and there's tons of em.

Quote Originally Posted by N3okorrales View Post
    I wanna be nice with you, like Acuta was with me answering my questions. You must understand some war veterans are playing this game. Some of them lost the ability to press 8 buttons.
    "No pain, No Gain"
    "The supposition that the newcomers need to "learn to play" or "do better" is silly. ~Daglar"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast