+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26
Like Tree216Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: New Calling!

Default cool links

These give ALOT of info into what Primalist is about: (full release "some time in fall")

http://riftgrate.com/2015/08/07/prim...he-wilds-pack/

http://riftgrate.com/2015/08/06/trio...ing-primalist/

" Primalist will be releasing with 6 souls at the beginning, with 4 more added in the future. It’s unknown what the 4 future souls are.

Vulcanist: Ranged ST DPS. Fire + Earth abilities.
    Berserker: Melee AoE DPS.
    Typhoon: Ranged AoE DPS. Water + Air abilities.
    Titan: Tank.
    Dervish: Melee ST DPS.
    Preserver: Healer. Uses blossoms and seeds.
    Each soul has 31 points (compared to existing Callings’ 61 points) so the Primalist’s soul tree differs a bit from existing ones. This has been confirmed by Lead Systems Designer Vladd.

A few interesting tidbits were garnered from the video.

Edit: oh wait even better ...i just saw this.srry. http://riftgrate.com/2015/08/15/live...h-august-2015/ i'm definately buying.....
    Last edited by Eryssa; 08-31-2015 at 07:46 PM. Reason: new info

Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post
    It'll be out in 3.4.
    I just really really hope you guys aren't planning to go the ultra ******* greed road and put the 4 extra souls as separate purchases but rather go with the current model of releasing the next 2 for free then putting the remaining two into sl and dream soul packs.

I really, really hope you go that present way.

Derp a derp!
    Last edited by Ts117; 08-31-2015 at 09:11 PM. Reason: More derp!

Shadowlander

the only stuff i dont like is how typhoon and stormcaller are going to be exactly the same in playstyle, and how it wont be free

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by TerraBomb View Post
    the only stuff i dont like is how typhoon and stormcaller are going to be exactly the same in playstyle, and how it wont be free
    Well good news then! Never fear about the first thing. Cause I can guarantee you that Typhoon will not play like Stormcaller (the stormcaller has very specific mechanics that the typhoon will not, also the typhoon has that whole primalist bar mechanic). The only thing Stormcaller and Typhoon share are that they are both aoe dps and both use the same planar elements to do said damage.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Shield of Telara

I started playing rift when it launched. I have played it on and off since. I love this game and when I heard about the new calling I got excited.

At the time I was playing was a time when you still had to earn some of the souls by doing a quest. I even had some of my own ideas during those early years. I could figure out my own half way decent leveling spec. But learned so much more when I came here.

The top warrior dps spec was Champion/Beastmaster(everyone hated that purple cat)/Paragon. The only thing that I remember about that spec was 6 or 12 points into Paragon. The other points into the other souls I have long forgotten. I knew that at least 6 into Paragon to get Strike like Iron which IIRC was moved further up the tree. I have forgotten when they made such a change

My concerns about the new calling is that this could be a step towards doing what WoW did. Removing talent trees from this game would be a bad idea. It is okay for a game like D3 because it was designed for that from day one. WoW no doubt lost some players over the change to the talent system of removing their talent trees to the small amount of talents that you pick today.

Finally I want to say that I hope that Trion doesn't follow Blizz thinking that would help the game to copy them in that respect because it simply would not help.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    Just buy it from another person
    yeah, for like 2000000 plat. i cant tell how pwople evan get enough plat to get rex. i only ger about 300 palt

Quote Originally Posted by Plaguestorm View Post
    My concerns about the new calling is that this could be a step towards doing what WoW did. Removing talent trees from this game would be a bad idea. It is okay for a game like D3 because it was designed for that from day one. WoW no doubt lost some players over the change to the talent system of removing their talent trees to the small amount of talents that you pick today.

Finally I want to say that I hope that Trion doesn't follow Blizz thinking that would help the game to copy them in that respect because it simply would not help.
    I dont think that the number of choices in the talent trees is the most important thing.
    The significance of the choices is what matters.

Going to a website and ctrl c/v the best possible talent tree that someone else figured out for you, is not a real choice. For example offering 10 % dmg increase is not a choice, but a must.

Giving players real choices within the talent tree is the key, but by no means easy to achieve.
    Last edited by Ongar; 09-04-2015 at 02:46 AM.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ongar View Post
    I dont think that the number of choices in the talent trees is the most important thing.
    The significance of the choices is what matters.

Going to a website and ctrl c/v the best possible talent tree that someone else figured out for you, is not a real choice. For example offering 10 % dmg increase is not a choice, but a must.

Giving players real choices within the talent tree is the key, but by no means easy to achieve.
    I agree that real choices need to be in a talent tree. But that is not my fear. Take a look at WoW this game's brother. When the game launched it was said by Trion; "We're not in Azeroth anymore".

At launch the game had 31 point talent trees IIRC. Then during Burning Crusades and Lich King they went to larger talent trees. During Cataclysm they went back to the 31 point talent trees, new calling ringing any bells. Then in Mist of Pandaria they went to only have six talents to choose. Then in Warlords of Draenor they added an extra talent choice. These choices are a lot like just having the masteries in this game. Each tier opens up at every 10-15 levels (15,30,45,60,75,90,100).

The rest of your abilities are handed to you based on your spec during leveling. Any of the talents that were useful in the talent trees that were removed were baked into the abilities. I think that if this game followed that path it would hurt the game and that is my main concern.

That would make this game like WoW and D3.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26