+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree216Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: New Calling!

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #301

Quote Originally Posted by badradical View Post
    That's a pack with a lot of content so I'm guessing they'll sell just the Primalist on its own as well.
    We'll definitely offer Primalist on its own with the release of 3.4. The Wilds bundle is a bundle with a lot of cool stuff. The mount is particularly nice, and a way to get it without a lockbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Fopod View Post
    Doesn't need for it to be released to see that this new calling is a completely gutted version of the soul system.
    Yes, you do need to wait. A little experience with it and you'll see it's just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by The Raki View Post
    IMO $50 is to much for the new calling as people are suggesting. Personally I think it should be closer to the price of soul packs. $25 at the most or less people will buy it. At $25 it seems like more would buy making you more money. I was really excited about Primalist but these high price tags has me turning away. After all Xmas comes soon after this release and buying for others is more important then spending buku's of money on myself for a new calling.
    Not sure where that number comes from, but that's not accurate. Don't listen to rumors.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallse View Post
    However the main point I'd like to make is that this is clearly part of the same trend that started in 3.0 ... its all about resource allocation IE dev time.

Less gear = less dev time on it
    Less skills and smaller trees = less dev time to create and balance the souls

Trion likely hired some efficiency expert or something ... I am not a fan of the changes but I think its clear that they are streamlining the game, content, skills, gear, in order to make better use of their human capital.
    There are a lot of non choices in the current soul system, plenty of spaces where you basically have to take this or that. It's not hugely difficult to change the current trees to larger trees, but it won't be meaningful. It's just more points in this stat boost or that stat boost.

There's no huge savings of dev time, it's just giving people meaningful choices. Not "hey, you have to spend 5 points here". When you see the Primalist livestream and get a chance to test it, it'll become a lot more clear exactly what we've done.

Quote Originally Posted by Shihli View Post
    Trion, what sort of plan do you have going forward to make the Primalist class more affordable for those of us who want to pay you for your hard work, but can't shell out $100 for it?
    Again, this isn't the main way to get Primalist. This is a way to get Primalist and a whole bunch of other cool stuff. If the other cool stuff doesn't interest you, you'll be able to get Primalist on its own later.

Quote Originally Posted by simpa1988 View Post
    99 dollars is too much!
    Yeah the pack has so many things in it, but not many ppl can afford so much money just for a game!
    Hope there will be a cheaper pack
    Although i love the mount wish i could get it
    Make a pack with mount and the new calling?
    The mount will be available later in a box separately as well. This pack is just for people who want all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    And in case devs see this in the sea, we'd love to know: (1) what other methods will there be to purchase Primalist (Website/Steam/Amazon? Credits??) and (2) how much will they be?
    I'll be working to get exact details once I get back into the office on Tuesday. I need to final confirm just to be sure. Check here for some early info.

Quote Originally Posted by Zokot View Post
    There would be more incentive to buy the pack if it gave us instant access to Primalist on the PTS so we could begin theory crafting. ;)
    We're gonna give a wider group of people a chance to test, never fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    Theory crafting? Did you somehow miss the first 17 pages of this thread? ;)
    That's more wild speculation than actual theorycrafting. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Elayara View Post
    I returned to WoW once after I left with the start of Cata. The sorry remnants of the soul trees I found really scared me away within hours, and I did never return. If I want to play Diablo with a meager 3 skills in my action bar, I will play Diablo - and not Rift. The diversity of the soul system is one of the things that are special about Rift - removing this is a rather daft idea IMO.
    Removing that would be a terrible idea. We are absolutely not doing that. The soul system is an amazing part of RIFT and hugely important to us. It'll be a lot more understandable once you can see how it works with Primalist.

Quote Originally Posted by Kat Head View Post
    Let me just start by saying I have 0 Interest in this or any other class, when I tire of playing mage I will find a new game.

The fact this CLASS cost anything is outrageous. Paying for additional souls is fine, Rift has to generate revenue. This foolish decision will cost Rift players and Money in the long run. It may be a short term boon (maybe, I have seen one player delete his stuff and ragequit already) but I think this is horrible for the long term future of this game.

The second this class has top dps, healing, tanking or support is the day that no one anywhere will be able to deny any longer that Rift is Pay to Win.

The amount of time I already spend trying to explain to players that this game isnt pay to win is way to high.

When a New player;

Discovers they cannot Sell Items in the Auction House

When gear cannot be equipped because of Water Attunement

When Earrings can not be used

" " " " " " " " " " " "
    Now when a Entire CLASScannot be accessed

Like I said in my opener I could care less about this class and anything to do with it. The side affects of this poor choice is what I have problems with.
    Quoting myself because to lazy to type this again.

Ocho could you please provide me with a way to defend this new CLASS costing money, because it will come up many times and I need to be prepared to answer it.
    Open World PVP !
    Seastone = Beststone ! Seastone + YOU = Good Times !

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #303

Quote Originally Posted by Kat Head View Post
    Quoting myself because to lazy to type this again.

Ocho could you please provide me with a way to defend this new CLASS costing money, because it will come up many times and I need to be prepared to answer it.
    I read it the first time. ;)

Callings aren't necessary to play the game, or to "Win" whatever that means*. If a raid has a mechanic like no primalist = fail, then it becomes necessary and that would be a problem. A calling falls in line along with things like souls. You don't need physician, although it's my favorite soul to play at the moment. It can be handy, but you certainly don't need it.

You can tank just fine without spending a dime on this game. You can heal just fine. You can dps fine. And we're happy to have you playing RIFT if that's how you want to do it. This Calling won't change that a bit. There are many folks who don't want to pay to play RIFT and we appreciate you.

We do have to make money to keep making RIFT though, so we have to charge for some things. We'd rather charge for optional stuff, like callings and certain souls, and provide the most important thing (stuff to do) for free. So in RIFT you can be the max level top badass killing the newest raid boss coming in 3.4 without ever spending a penny. No purchasing an expansion to get level cap, no purchasing a zone to see the content. And if you want to play a different way, then you have the option.

TL; DR We'd much rather give an amazing game to play for free, with opportunities to pay if you want, than lock you out of portions of the game until you give us some cash.

*As an aside Pay to win is one of the silliest phrases ever, because it doesn't mean anything on its own. What is winning to me means nothing to you. What you like, means nothing to me. It's just jingoism and something to trot out whenever someone doesn't like something.
    Last edited by Ocho; 08-08-2015 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Yes, you do need to wait. A little experience with it and you'll see it's just fine.
    That's what everyone said with WoW expansions, SWTOR removing talent trees, Guild Wars 2 revolutionary gameplay with no talent trees and Wildstar amazing telegraphs and smart CC with barely any buttons you can use.
    But it's okay. I already know the real reason behind the reduced talent trees is to make it easier to balance for Trion.

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #305

Quote Originally Posted by Fopod View Post
    That's what everyone said with WoW expansions, SWTOR removing talent trees, Guild Wars 2 revolutionary gameplay with no talent trees and Wildstar amazing telegraphs and smart CC with barely any buttons you can use.
    But it's okay. I already know the real reason behind the reduced talent trees is to make it easier to balance for Trion.
    Different games, different decisions. If it turns out that way then yes, you can complain freely. It won't though.

Sword of Telara

We're gonna give a wider group of people a chance to test, never fear.
    This is... implying that it won't be freely available on PTS?

As for the complexity stuff, I'm not quite sure how it could be ascertained so early that it's dumbed down. It would surely be possible to create complicated specs with just a few talents/abilities if it's done correctly. And we have no way of knowing how it's going to be until it's openly playable or somebody who isn't under an NDA comes and tells us.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

*drum roll*

Aaaaand out-of-context quote of the month goes to.....

I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

Rift Disciple

Different games, different decisions. If it turns out that way then yes, you can complain freely. It won't though.
    Hello! Do you plan to cut "old" callings to 31 points?

Also... Do you plan to cut new souls (assuming that you will make them...) for "old" callings to 31 points?

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #309

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    This is... implying that it won't be freely available on PTS?

As for the complexity stuff, I'm not quite sure how it could be ascertained so early that it's dumbed down. It would surely be possible to create complicated specs with just a few talents/abilities if it's done correctly. And we have no way of knowing how it's going to be until it's openly playable or somebody who isn't under an NDA comes and tells us.
    The plan is for it to be freely testable on the PTS before launch. We definitely want feedback, what we've already received has been incredibly valuable.

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #310

Quote Originally Posted by BrightLight View Post
    Hello! Do you plan to cut "old" callings to 31 points?

Also... Do you plan to cut new souls (assuming that you will make them...) for "old" callings to 31 points?
    That would be much more complicated. I won't say it will never happen, but it would not be a simple thing to do. Making new souls with a different point system for existing callings would probably mean needing to change old souls but it's not under discussion right now at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    *drum roll*

Aaaaand out-of-context quote of the month goes to.....

Coriolis wins rift quotes this month. My favourites were sedvick's and truunk's.

Rift Disciple

That would be much more complicated. I won't say it will never happen, but it would not be a simple thing to do. Making new souls with a different point system for existing callings would probably mean needing to change old souls but it's not under discussion right now at all.
    Thanks for answer... Please don't cut old souls to 31! Don't ruin the diversity.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethaemis View Post
    Since you clearly missed it,
    No I got it. I just didn't want to make a set of rogue leather or PC leather if its going to be like "they are leather but they have their own gear" type thing.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by BrightLight View Post
    Thanks for answer... Please don't cut old souls to 31! Don't ruin the diversity.
    more soul points doesn't necessarily mean more diversity. Rift was at its most divers back in chocolate when we had 51 point trees and no masteries. if primalist lacks diversity, it won't be because of the 31 point trees, it will be because trion didn't use those 31 points to their full potential.
    Sixpm@Wolfsbane <Undaunted>
    Diggityprime@Wolfsbane (New Main Hype)

Rift Chaser

Personally, if done right... smaller trees could be better without changing much as far as we know it

For instance, instead of 5 pts giving 10% increase, 2% per point- 1 pt giving 10% increase. Same effect, less talent points.

Another- instead of 33% reduction of casting time per pt, 3 pts, 100% reduced casting time 1 pt. Again same effect, less talent points.

There are a lot of points in the current talent trees being used to give small rewards many times over multiple levels, which could be consolidated into a single point, large increase after a few levels. It would end up only being noticeable during the leveling process.. but not effect end game at all.

If this is their plan for the reduced skill trees... then I have no issue with it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast