+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree216Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: New Calling!

Quote Originally Posted by The Raki View Post
    I have a question about the whole "primalist use strength and dex equally" thing. Looking at my warriors stats I have 8100 str and 3849 dex. Does that mean my primalist with the same stats would basically have about 12000 main stat? Or is the dominant stat the main stat? So if I'm mixing str/dex and I'm at 6500 str, 5500 dex would that mean I have 6500 main stat? Or does it just add both up and say "80% of the total is main stat, 20% is second stat". So my 12000 total would be 9600 main 2400 second?
    (STR + DEX)/2

Do the math

I have a question about the whole "primalist use strength and dex equally" thing. Looking at my warriors stats I have 8100 str and 3849 dex. Does that mean my primalist with the same stats would basically have about 12000 main stat? Or is the dominant stat the main stat? So if I'm mixing str/dex and I'm at 6500 str, 5500 dex would that mean I have 6500 main stat? Or does it just add both up and say "80% of the total is main stat, 20% is second stat". So my 12000 total would be 9600 main 2400 second?

I ask this because if its "higher stat main stat" then you may as well go with dex since they wear leather, assuming they don't have their own armor set. Which means Primalist will just take rogue gear.

I'm also curious about the loot distribution. Would it be easier to just make bosses drop one more piece of loot? Or can the "if they are not there the loot won't drop" thing be set into place. So no primalist on a raid, no primalist loot.

Quote Originally Posted by radiomaryja View Post
    (STR + DEX)/2

Do the math
    So with that I'd have 6000 main stat, 6000 secondary stat instead of 8100 main stat. Sorry for my ignorance I hate numbers. Doesn't that mean Primal's will have less overall main stat? Therefore they would get less of a bonus on their abilities if they had that extra 2k main stat?

Here's a simple solution to avoid Primalist's loot clashing with Rogue loot, just change the name of the leather items to Bone Armor, that way Rogues roll on leather, Primalists roll on Bone Armor

I ask this because if its "higher stat main stat" then you may as well go with dex since they wear leather, assuming they don't have their own armor set. Which means Primalist will just take rogue gear.

I'm also curious about the loot distribution. Would it be easier to just make bosses drop one more piece of loot? Or can the "if they are not there the loot won't drop" thing be set into place. So no primalist on a raid, no primalist loot.
    What str/dex means as a primary stat is that Primalist will be able to use rogue gear as well as warrior accessories and weapons.
    12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM
    Lethaemis@Laethys 1600 Primalist

So with that I'd have 6000 main stat, 6000 secondary stat instead of 8100 main stat. Sorry for my ignorance I hate numbers. Doesn't that mean Primal's will have less overall main stat? Therefore they would get less of a bonus on their abilities if they had that extra 2k main stat?
    They won't have primary/secondary stats, Dexterity and Strength will be equally beneficial to them. So a Warrior 1H with 300 str 221 dex (300 + 221 = 521) will be the same weight as a Rogue 1h that has 320 dex 201 str (320 + 201 = 521).

Basically Trion cbf to go back and create/distribute completely new armor/weapons/accessories/essences/consumables throughout all the old instances/quests/crafts/etc. EDIT: Not that I am blaming them here, that would be a ridiculous amount of work for very little benefit but would still need to be done unless the leveling process for Primalist was completely isolated from the old world.
    Last edited by Stihl; 08-08-2015 at 09:11 AM.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

Rift Disciple

I dont like these beast head things. It looks lame...

I want to see my char head clearly, not some ghosty tiger.

Rift Disciple

Also... The whole class with only 6 souls behind paywall. Yeah here we go.
    (and i have all souls and most of the packs with patron)

Rift Disciple

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by SixPM View Post
    61 points is unnecessary and just leads to a lot of fluff talent points. i guess trion decided to trim it down a bit and focus on the important talents
    Its called diversity, so i can choose other talents from off-trees IF i don't like something. Nah now i really hate this new approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Phs View Post
    So more STR and DEX gear drops? So Mages and Clerics lose.
    They already lose out. My mage is constantly seeing tank gear drop when she is a dps with some chloro healing.

Am so tired of seeing nothing my mage can actually use for her dps or healing styles.
    Last edited by lynspottery; 08-08-2015 at 02:02 PM.

So do we think its safe to assume we can start making some leather armor then? The current stuff for rogues? And maybe a warrior 2hander? lol

So do we think its safe to assume we can start making some leather armor then? The current stuff for rogues? And maybe a warrior 2hander? lol
    Since you clearly missed it,

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hawk View Post
    Primalists use Leather armor. Drop rates for gear will be re-weighted so that this does NOT mean leather-wearers get half as much loot as other people.

Keep in mind that all of the following could change before the Primalist launches:

They currently use a new system for stats where Dex and Str both contribute equally as Main Stat and Secondary Stat. This allows Primalists to use weapons currently considered Warrior and Rogue weapons equally.

Primalists do not use shields. They can use ranged weapons. They can dual wield or use two-handed weapons.
    12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM
    Lethaemis@Laethys 1600 Primalist

Ascendant

Yes... Also, expect to get gear alot slower from the game
    \

I'm guessing we will get new leather gear and weapons with a weir stat combination like wisdom strength for primalist. If that's not the case I'm sorry for warriors and rogues, the fight for gear will be ugly.

Also, I couldn't help but noticing that one of the primal avatars is the supposedly new ranger pet (blue griffon). Does this mean rangers won't get the new pet?

Also, on a less serious note:

Vulcanist = pyro on drugs
    Typhoon = stormcaller on steroids
    Berserker = every riftblade's wet dream (water attacks, so pun intended)
    Dervish= paragon on sugar rush (seriously, that dwarf looks like having a seizure)
    Preserver= sentichloro
    Titan = what ele should be with tank pet
    Illuyanka@Greybriar-Mage
    Ixxtab@Greybriar-Rogue
    Mets@Greybriar-Cleric
    Antaikolon@Greybriar-Warrior
    CODE FOR FREE STUFF FOR NEWBIES: PRR9NF2PG2NXQ77KDDJQ

Quote Originally Posted by Illuyanka View Post
    I'm guessing we will get new leather gear and weapons with a weir stat combination like wisdom strength for primalist. If that's not the case I'm sorry for warriors and rogues, the fight for gear will be ugly.

Also, I couldn't help but noticing that one of the primal avatars is the supposedly new ranger pet (blue griffon). Does this mean rangers won't get the new pet?

Also, on a less serious note:

Vulcanist = pyro on drugs
    Typhoon = stormcaller on steroids
    Berserker = every riftblade's wet dream (water attacks, so pun intended)
    Dervish= paragon on sugar rush (seriously, that dwarf looks like having a seizure)
    Preserver= sentichloro
    Titan = what ele should be with tank pet
    i had a good laugh at this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast