+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree216Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: New Calling!

Quote Originally Posted by fatbahmi View Post
    thanks to the profusion of marksmen and inqs, primalists will be purged before they can even start fighting.

Oh you mean like mages now?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kinladar View Post
    I've said it before, and going to say it again.

Adding a new calling is going to be bad mojo.

They can't even keep the 4 callings and souls that each currently run current and viable, how the heck are they going to keep a 5th, and it's accompanying souls balanced?

They could delete several souls per calling and few would probably care. Could delete druid and sentinel for clerics and no one would notice for a month. Delete just about all the DPS specs from warrior since Reaver is now the god mode. There's actually a bit of hybridization going on in rogues at the moment with phystact, tactphys and the NB/Sin builds, but you could probably wipe out Bladedancer in it's current state and get a few whimpers, Ranger still has a few clingers but they'd get by. Mage I really don't play but I bet there are a few spots that are worthless as well.

I'm not feeling any kind of rush to purchase this new pack. I feel sorta used over the NT pack, it was really expensive and no where near as worthwhile as I would have hoped, and NT content in some areas like Nightmare Rifts has just been a pathetic grind.

My loyalty yo Trion as a company and Rift as a game is at a low ebb at this point and this disaster of a new calling... just looking at the preview made me cringe. It looked horrid.
    On my Cleric.. wait for it.. I play 42 Druid/ 26 Warden/ 8 Purifier

It's just hunch I have, but I do believe I would notice Druid being removed.. and I'm almost certain it wouldn't take me a month to notice it.

This is the core of the problem.. one person's trash soul/ability is another person's vital soul/ability.. without a doubt, almost any soul/ability you can name is probably important to who knows how many people.

Quote Originally Posted by fatbahmi View Post
    thanks to the profusion of marksmen and inqs, primalists will be purged before they can even start fighting.
    I would think that the Avatar abilities and the Tank buff would be immune to purges, and I also doubt that Primalist will have 1h self buffs.

So in the end it won't be worth it to even use a purge on a Primalist.
    Last edited by Burninalways; 08-07-2015 at 01:07 PM.
    True Server First Prime GP: Anrak the Foul & Guurloth
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Blakehavok View Post
    How are developers justifying that it only has 31 points? ~

It has 31 points.

It. has. thirty. one. points.

thirty..one..points..

How is this fair to other classes? Primalist will be on par with performance, that much is guaranteed. It seems really lazy to give the primalist class 31 points when 3-4 trees out of every other class are completely worthless for full 61. I noticed that it doesn't have a pet soul ~ Confirmed. devs don't work on pet souls anymore.

Maybe just not develop the last 4 souls in order to make it on par in respect to viability with existing classes?

/smiles I loved your post.. 11/10 internets given. I don't want to put words into the dev's mouths.. but I believe the 31 points equates to a "less is more" philosophy?

I say less is just less..

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    There are those of us that, when presented with enough data (say images of 31 point soul trees and developer confirmation that Primalist will maintain a similar ratio of 61:15 for primary/secondary point investment), are capable of drawing very appropriate conclusions.

At the very least, Primalist is going to have significantly fewer abilities when fully invested @ 60+ than the existing callings.
    Unless you are one of the chosen few who are testing this class (I assume there are some doing so, thats the way its been in the past) then no, you can't look at a handful of skills that are heavily WIP without playing them, and do anything remotely close to drawing a conclusion.

I'm not super wild about the 31 points, but I'm willing to see how it shakes out. But we know almost nothing at this point aside from a handful of abilities and that there are 31 points. The only thing we do know for sure is your last sentence.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    Unless you are one of the chosen few who are testing this class (I assume there are some doing so, thats the way its been in the past) then no, you can't look at a handful of skills that are heavily WIP without playing them, and do anything remotely close to drawing a conclusion.

I'm not super wild about the 31 points, but I'm willing to see how it shakes out. But we know almost nothing at this point aside from a handful of abilities and that there are 31 points. The only thing we do know for sure is your last sentence.
    am i the only one who thinks that trion is going to "merge" the 61-point tree talents into each other?

because that the only logical way to fit all those stat modifiers into a 31 point build.

also, i have a feeling that the primalist will encourage hybrids. dont ask me why.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Mordrahan View Post
    This is irrelevant when everyone plays the same cookie-cutter spec.
    We have no choice. I want more choice.
    But you get less of it... like everyone has been saying, you can't choose 5% dmg vs 5% SC vs 5%stat, its just all there... not to mention 20 abilities is less choice than 40 abilities... just sayin
    \

Lightbulb Mimimimimimini

I think we should give the prim a chance :-) what is if the class more balanced is ?whats is ifone of the new 4 souls gives the raids more Options for raid supports.i think let us wait and see what happens
    Last edited by runewankenobi; 08-07-2015 at 09:47 PM.

Soulwalker

Being a paid calling? I'm hoping it won't be just reskinned skills.

Vulcanist looks like a pyro spamming flame bolt

And that rain AoE looks like hailstorm/lightning storm reskin.
    Last edited by ViolentFreak; 08-07-2015 at 10:16 PM.

Default one thing blizzard did right

... was the removal of clutter in the talent tree.

I would rather see you get 3 or 4 unique class abilities as you level depending on role - maybe one every 20 levels depending on your role as being healer, tank, dps, pvp than all the points - similar to the 60~65

I would rather play a purifier, a cabalist, or a druid and not a 42/19/0 or whatever

1. it would allow new players to learn their class easier
    2. it would allow easier balance and less chance of exploits
    3. it would allow much more consensus and guides on how to play the class correctly.

the "choice" at the moment is just an illusion.
    Last edited by WockyCC; 08-07-2015 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinladar View Post
    I've said it before, and going to say it again.

Adding a new calling is going to be bad mojo.

They can't even keep the 4 callings and souls that each currently run current and viable, how the heck are they going to keep a 5th, and it's accompanying souls balanced?

They could delete several souls per calling and few would probably care. Could delete druid and sentinel for clerics and no one would notice for a month. Delete just about all the DPS specs from warrior since Reaver is now the god mode. There's actually a bit of hybridization going on in rogues at the moment with phystact, tactphys and the NB/Sin builds, but you could probably wipe out Bladedancer in it's current state and get a few whimpers, Ranger still has a few clingers but they'd get by. Mage I really don't play but I bet there are a few spots that are worthless as well.

I'm not feeling any kind of rush to purchase this new pack. I feel sorta used over the NT pack, it was really expensive and no where near as worthwhile as I would have hoped, and NT content in some areas like Nightmare Rifts has just been a pathetic grind.

My loyalty yo Trion as a company and Rift as a game is at a low ebb at this point and this disaster of a new calling... just looking at the preview made me cringe. It looked horrid.

Do you even Rift? Cause it sure doesnt sound like it

Quote Originally Posted by Dudemister View Post
    Cause that is how they wanted this calling, to be a more focussed hybrid. Now stop crying you big baby!
    Having a 31points max soultrees is a bad excuse for a hybrids, since you will fill at least one tree regardless. Whole point of hybrids it not using full soultrees and putting points elsewhere.
    Last edited by radiomaryja; 08-08-2015 at 03:51 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by WockyCC View Post
    ... was the removal of clutter in the talent tree.

I would rather see you get 3 or 4 unique class abilities as you level depending on role - maybe one every 20 levels depending on your role as being healer, tank, dps, pvp than all the points - similar to the 60~65

I would rather play a purifier, a cabalist, or a druid and not a 42/19/0 or whatever

1. it would allow new players to learn their class easier
    2. it would allow easier balance and less chance of exploits
    3. it would allow much more consensus and guides on how to play the class correctly
    I returned to WoW once after I left with the start of Cata. The sorry remnants of the soul trees I found really scared me away within hours, and I did never return. If I want to play Diablo with a meager 3 skills in my action bar, I will play Diablo - and not Rift. The diversity of the soul system is one of the things that are special about Rift - removing this is a rather daft idea IMO.

Here my take about the new class, It a new class I don't mind it how the soul tree and how it is, but it does take away of being unique then someone other in raiding see people run mostly same spec but in pvp or outdoors where most players play do run a lot unique spec even if get yell at for running that spec then mainstream spec.

Other things I do hope trion don't end up doing what wow did with other class, taking away the unique part of the game running around something I put together will make me feel like my class don't have option anymore.

As if I want to be a tank dps, or tank healer or some crazy spec no one other haves and it working it's the fun part.

There my feedback, I'm unsure about the new class it self but don't take unique part of the game out of the game as mastery was the idea for a class to be more unique on befor NT started but didn't pan out at all, even if the balance is not there as mmo in general not rift only can't balance class when the game ever changing.

I have a question about the whole "primalist use strength and dex equally" thing. Looking at my warriors stats I have 8100 str and 3849 dex. Does that mean my primalist with the same stats would basically have about 12000 main stat? Or is the dominant stat the main stat? So if I'm mixing str/dex and I'm at 6500 str, 5500 dex would that mean I have 6500 main stat? Or does it just add both up and say "80% of the total is main stat, 20% is second stat". So my 12000 total would be 9600 main 2400 second?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast