+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Results 256 to 270 of 384
Like Tree216Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: New Calling!

  1. #256
    RIFT Guide Writer
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post

    "Efficiency" is nothing but a euphemism for a lack of creativity.
    Depends on how it's handled, imo. if you're merging talents that were no-brainers, like some passive stat augments, into active boosts and making the player choose between them for optimal outcomes, that's great.
    Example being the 1/2/3/4/5% Damage increase passives. Just remove that sucker and bake it inside another passive already since it's filler.

    Just cutting it out though? No bueno.
    Last edited by evantide; 08-07-2015 at 12:04 PM.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

  2. #257
    Soulwalker Mycopanther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    8

    Default The Newly-Put FAQ That Answer Stuff

    You know, they were prepeared for a *bleep*storm.

    http://www.trionworlds.com/rift/en/game/faq/

    "Do I have to purchase The Wilds Pack to access any of the content in Planetouched Wilds?
    Nope! All of the content in 3.4: Into the Wilds is free to all RIFT players. Take part in all of the adventures in Planetouched Wilds with or without The Wilds Pack.

    What items are available if I purchase before 3.4: Into The Wilds is released?
    The Primal War Beast Mount, the Ovog Ceremonial Garb costume set, the Cloak of the Great Wheel costume cloak, the Primalist portrait frame, as well as 30 days of Patron time.

    Will I be able to purchase the Primalist Calling separately from The Wilds Pack?
    Yes, it will be available in-game for Credits with the release of 3.4: Into the Wilds or purchase separately from Glyph and our retail partners.

    What Souls are including with the Primalist Calling?
    Titan, Berserker, Dervish, Vulcanist, Preserver, and Typhoon.

    Will I be able to purchase the additional character slot separately from The Wilds Pack?
    No, however you can unlock up to 12 character slots in-game without The Wilds Pack.

    Do I have to buy multiple The Wilds Packs if I play more than one character?
    No, all rewards contained within The Wilds Pack are available for all characters on your account."




    I am sorry if this was quoted in past.
    Last edited by Mycopanther; 08-07-2015 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Cursing, Swearing

  3. #258
    Rift Chaser Zokot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    346

    Default

    There would be more incentive to buy the pack if it gave us instant access to Primalist on the PTS so we could begin theory crafting. ;)

  4. #259
    Champion of Telara Stihl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zokot View Post
    There would be more incentive to buy the pack if it gave us instant access to Primalist on the PTS so we could begin theory crafting. ;)
    Theory crafting? Did you somehow miss the first 17 pages of this thread? ;)
    Last edited by Stihl; 08-07-2015 at 12:22 PM.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

  5. #260
    Rift Chaser Fopod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evantide View Post
    Depends on how it's handled, imo. if you're merging talents that were no-brainers, like some passive stat augments, into active boosts and making the player choose between them for optimal outcomes, that's great.
    Example being the 1/2/3/4/5% Damage increase passives. Just remove that sucker and bake it inside another passive already since it's filler.

    Just cutting it out though? No bueno.
    I fail to see how that would be great.

    Even if you bake the 6% crit chance on primary bolt in Fiery Concentration or whatever, you are still removing choices from the players.
    What if you have a spec that you want both but can only choose one of them?
    Even a 1% damage talent is a choice to make.
    High Voltage in Stormcaller is a perfect example of that.
    Some spec will use it, some won't.
    If you go to Voltaic Strength or Super Charge, you may want to pick those 2 and ignore High Voltage or you may want to pick High Voltage because you don't use Air or Water abilities.
    Or you could also want High Voltage at the expanse of Storm Energy because of the 5% damage reduction it provide.

    For example... I have a hard choice to make between 4/5 Storm Energy and 4/4 High Voltage on my PvP 54 Harbinger, 18 Chloro and 4 Stormcaller. The SP provide me with higher DPS and healing but the damage reduction make me harder to kill when focused which happens a lot has a melee.

    Those kind of choices shouldn't be stripped away from the players. I don't want a talent that do both at the same time and be like: "Ah! That's a no brainer!"
    Last edited by Fopod; 08-07-2015 at 12:19 PM.

  6. #261
    Ascendant Ianto Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evantide View Post
    Depends on how it's handled, imo. if you're merging talents that were no-brainers, like some passive stat augments, into active boosts and making the player choose between them for optimal outcomes, that's great.
    Example being the 1/2/3/4/5% Damage increase passives. Just remove that sucker and bake it inside another passive already since it's filler.

    Just cutting it out though? No bueno.
    I disagree. Even having those filler talents creates theorycrafting opportunities. For instance, if you consolidated the Stormcaller tree, you wouldn't be able to consider a spec like this one. However, because High Voltage is its own four-point talent and because you need 15 points to get to tier 3 and 20 to tier 2, you have to weigh the relative benefit of EVERY point when comparing this spec to alternatives.

    Having some talents being weaker than others and having talents that are incremental rather than all-or-nothing creates nuance. It creates complexity. It creates choice. And it separates good players and theorycrafters from bad ones. Cookie-cutter specs are necessary, and are great for people who don't want to or can't invest a lot of time and effort into learning these intricacies.

    But that is NOT a compelling reason for the outright removal of those intricacies.

  7. #262
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    West Palm Beach
    Posts
    4,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    Theory crafting? Did you somehow miss the first 17 pages of this thread? ;)
    You mean 15 pages of whining/conclusion jumping (it should be an official Telara Olympic sport) and 2 pages of actual useful posting?
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

  8. #263
    Rift Chaser Alfiexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    361

    Default

    Personall i really really dislike the amount of soul points, but what ever i say isn't going to change that, and i do have alot of theories and concerns and w.e else about Primal soul, but no point in saying them yet until get more info on soul and can give relevant feedback.

    But i do have some other concerns and dislikes that don't concern soul tree (which one is mainly aimed at alt chars):

    First one:
    So i played from beta to 3.0 on my mage, i never created alts because i never wanted to as mage was the only thing i wanted to play. That means i spent soooo much time, effort and money into my mage.
    So my problem is why when you create alts, obvo you get alot of cross account things and get spam of items in mail box. But why can't for roles, or wardrobe slots for one be account bound (obvo cus you dont get more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$), but in reality i've got over 20 wardrobe slots of my mage and 15 role slots, if i were to then make primal my main char now, i've lots all that money which i probs wouldn't spend to get them all back on this char. Not only money wise, but time and effort wise, like why isn't the fastest mount speed you have on one char account bound? because now i have to spend X amount of plat on this (aswell as other things later), but also achievements rewards, you can link achieves you have from other chars from alts if they don't have them, so why i can't share the titles and some rewards i have earnt from those charaters. I spent so much time and effort getting world first Airborune title, i have best personally achieved pvp achieve completing all warfront achieves back when it was original whitefall for the Lady of War title which getting those whitefall achieves was a pain but so much fun. I spent so many hours tracking all rare mobs for rare mob icon on portrait, why cant titles and those kind of rewards be account bound? i've spent so much time and effort for them why can't i show them across all chars?

    Second one:
    My other reason is the timing it is going to be brought out. Why bring a new soul out in the over half way of a Xpac? 2 tier of raiding has gone, if i now want to make primal my main char, look at how much effort and time it will take to get back to tier 2 raiding or t3 as i assume it may be on 3.5. It just aint gnna happen, this soul will most likely be a Alt class for most raiders until maybe reach same gear level agesssss away or even on next xpac on 4.0, which would of been the best time to bring soul out as its a fresh restart.
    Now you have to grind from 1-65 or 60-65, and if take raiding serious, get max rep for runes, farm NMR for Seal, essesnces, PvP for possbily essences, get either spend all plat on crafted gear which most probs dont have, so get xpert gear, then t1 gear, spend all plat on expesnive runes and dream orbs. etc etc etc

    If i was in t2 raiding it would not be worth changing my main to primal due to the amount of things you would loose from you current main char if played from beta but all the now time and effort to get it t3 raid ready.
    I would possible come bk to game and make primal my main if First issue was done, otherwise primal would just be a pvp alt for me due to time, effort and money spent on my only char Mage.
    What would be nice is if PTW quests would give expert equivalent gear or T1 raid gear ;), as you will need all those marks just to buy upgrade items for gear. let alone buying gear with tokens to and makes it faster to get top end raid ready as it takes awhile as it is.
    Last edited by Alfiexx; 08-07-2015 at 12:29 PM.

    The Gamer Beans
    <Special Olympics>
    <StackOnEight>
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilkoss View Post
    I'm not saying I'm great, Alfiexx is great.

  9. #264
    Rift Chaser Fopod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    336

    Default

    What we can expect from Primalist:

    - CC tied to their interrupt (Where else can they fit so many things in so few buttons?)
    - Shadow of Dread and Dire Step kind of abilities (Do between 3 to 8 things at once on just one ability. (8 debuffs for SoD and a blink + break free + full DoT cleanse for Dire Step) because again... where else can they fit so many things in so few buttons?)
    - Not even extra talents for those ultimate abilities... just OP broken abilities that do everything baseline.
    - Every debuffs applied passively if any required at all.
    - Every buffs into 1 mega buff if any buff required at all.

    And probably other kind of gimmicks to allow for such a gutted talent tree and ability count to be able to compete against the current soul system.
    Last edited by Fopod; 08-07-2015 at 12:32 PM.

  10. #265
    Rift Disciple Kinladar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    136

    Default

    I've said it before, and going to say it again.

    Adding a new calling is going to be bad mojo.

    They can't even keep the 4 callings and souls that each currently run current and viable, how the heck are they going to keep a 5th, and it's accompanying souls balanced?

    They could delete several souls per calling and few would probably care. Could delete druid and sentinel for clerics and no one would notice for a month. Delete just about all the DPS specs from warrior since Reaver is now the god mode. There's actually a bit of hybridization going on in rogues at the moment with phystact, tactphys and the NB/Sin builds, but you could probably wipe out Bladedancer in it's current state and get a few whimpers, Ranger still has a few clingers but they'd get by. Mage I really don't play but I bet there are a few spots that are worthless as well.

    I'm not feeling any kind of rush to purchase this new pack. I feel sorta used over the NT pack, it was really expensive and no where near as worthwhile as I would have hoped, and NT content in some areas like Nightmare Rifts has just been a pathetic grind.

    My loyalty yo Trion as a company and Rift as a game is at a low ebb at this point and this disaster of a new calling... just looking at the preview made me cringe. It looked horrid.
    Kinladar - Rogue - Tank And Then Some
    Jinxt - Cleric Tank -- Jumedorm - Warrior Tank - (Hey, I sense a trend here)
    DAWN OF TERROR - [FAEBLIGHT]
    http://dawnrift.guildlaunch.com/


  11. #266
    Rift Disciple Blakehavok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    185

    Default

    How are developers justifying that it only has 31 points? ~

    It has 31 points.

    It. has. thirty. one. points.

    thirty..one..points..


    How is this fair to other classes? Primalist will be on par with performance, that much is guaranteed. It seems really lazy to give the primalist class 31 points when 3-4 trees out of every other class are completely worthless for full 61. I noticed that it doesn't have a pet soul ~ Confirmed. devs don't work on pet souls anymore.

    Maybe just not develop the last 4 souls in order to make it on par in respect to viability with existing classes?

  12. #267
    Rift Chaser Alfiexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fopod View Post
    Snip
    I have possibly been thinking that obvo there is going to less branch buffs, so does this mean base damage and healing on abilities be much higher? Meaning if i took Max in 1 DPS soul and then rest in healing soul, depending on what kind of healing abilities are that low in tree, are they going to be outputting high healing, even without the less healing talents buff in branches.
    Have also wondered, does that mean soul gifts are going to be twice as much as normal ones for us? or if there just same at like 1% damage or w.e it is, that also would mean base damage and heals of abilities will be higher.
    Can't wait to acutely see if this theory is right and see how what healing/DPS hybrid combos could create for raiding and keeping self alive in pvp
    Last edited by Alfiexx; 08-07-2015 at 12:38 PM.

    The Gamer Beans
    <Special Olympics>
    <StackOnEight>
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilkoss View Post
    I'm not saying I'm great, Alfiexx is great.

  13. #268
    Champion of Telara Stihl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    You mean 15 pages of whining/conclusion jumping (it should be an official Telara Olympic sport) and 2 pages of actual useful posting?
    There are those of us that, when presented with enough data (say images of 31 point soul trees and developer confirmation that Primalist will maintain a similar ratio of 61:15 for primary/secondary point investment), are capable of drawing very appropriate conclusions.

    At the very least, Primalist is going to have significantly fewer abilities when fully invested @ 60+ than the existing callings.
    Last edited by Stihl; 08-07-2015 at 12:42 PM.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

  14. #269
    Rift Chaser fatbahmi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fopod View Post
    - Every buffs into 1 mega buff if any buff required at all.
    thanks to the profusion of marksmen and inqs, primalists will be purged before they can even start fighting.

  15. #270
    Rift Chaser Fopod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fatbahmi View Post
    thanks to the profusion of marksmen and inqs, primalists will be purged before they can even start fighting.
    Sorry, can't be purge.

    Pestilence two point O

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts