+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree216Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: New Calling!

Quote Originally Posted by Mordrahan View Post
    I hope because I already leveled many toons from level 1, and even if I like the leveling journey, I don't want to do it once more from scratch. So I would like a pack with Primalist and a level 60 boost and/or a character slot. Or Primalist alone, because I have to buy a character slot for it, and a 60 boost.
    Prices as for the NT packs would be ok. I bought the middle one.

And this is another ugly massive mount... With planetouch wilds and Air theme we could have got something more...aerial
    http://www.trionworlds.com/rift/en/2...re-wilds-pack/

So far from the main page.

Quote Originally Posted by Burninalways View Post
    This is a quick look at what Pyromancer would look like with 31 points as an example as you can't see Primalist yet.

Interrupts and Mana generating abilities have been removed from the souls and added to General abilities.

Tree:
    Spoiler!

The tree needs work as you must have 5 points per tier sadly.
    But you can see you have so much choice and if other souls where the same...

Root:
    Spoiler!
    Aaaaannnnddddd you just killed Critbinger!
    As well as any other specs that used that 6% crit chance to become crit heavy for PvP purpose.
    Probably just gave a slap to Pyrochon too!
    But that's fine... we want less Hybrids! We want full on 31 specs where the only reason to pick subsouls is for the 8 first points right?

Why would you ever use any Pyromancer damaging abilities with any other souls?
    The off points are used not for damaging abilities but for utilities and talents that increase modifiers.
    when abilities are used it's because the soul has SYNERGY between their damage increasing talents.
    If all the talents only boost Pyromancer talents or mostly only pyromancer, you pretty much just lost all kind of synergy because you don't have any choice for where to put your points other than things that boost abilities you won't use.

Edit: Ooooh but that can easily be solved actually... Just remove talent trees! That's it! Just give abilities that do X amount without any talent boosting them so you can pretty much choose the abilities you want to use. Everything will be synergized and it's going to be super easy to balance.
    Last edited by Fopod; 08-07-2015 at 11:15 AM.

Thats the second thing in the shop, thats not available for the free2play players, cause its only for money not for credits. THAT SUCKS.

Quote Originally Posted by Groddeolm View Post
    Thats the second thing in the shop, thats not available for the free2play players, cause its only for money not for credits. THAT SUCKS.
    It's giftable so it's still available for f2p players. Just buy it from another person
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Fopod View Post
    More choice?
    You think you'll have MORE choices with LESS talents?
    You'll still end up playing the same cookie-cutter spec that this one guide told you to use.
    You'll still end up macroing everything and rolling your face on the keyboard, except it will most likely be Reaver style of facerolling.
    You seriously think this will give you MORE hybrid choices?

You want more choices? ASK THEM TO FIX THE CURRENT SOULS! Don't ask for a completely gutted talent tree with less abilities!
    If they do this to all the callings it will force them in to balancing them against each other which hopefully would mean being able to pick from at least 10 completely different play styles with no hybrids even more with. There are a lot of crap skills and 5pts and Blank is now %10 stronger going up the trees that could be gutted and the %increase they give could be rolled in to actual talents base numbers with no real affect on the play of it. Id rather be able to choose between all of specs than min maxing subsouls on one of the only viable souls to be solo, pvp or raiding.

Or all map-able skills are in the roots and minmaxing % skills are in the trees which could lend some cooler hybrids.

That being said do i think they will balance all the souls even if they gut them all? I hope they do but probably not.
    Last edited by Kaiune; 08-07-2015 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    It's giftable so it's still available for f2p players. Just buy it from another person
    That would be almoust impossible. With credits you can buy Rex by Rex, but without the credits option f2p will be out in the cold cause its to expensiv that you will find one Person that sell it to you. 50k Platin... hard to farm...

Quote Originally Posted by Ahnastashia View Post
    I do understand what you're saying.. and I do realize some people feel they "must" play X spec with X abilities to get X result for dps, healing, tanking... and they just copy what everyone else does.. but having fewer options across skill trees is not going to make that go away for those people. I really don't know what to say to them other than they have made a choice to be a cookie cutter spec. If they are happy with that.. then I'm happy for them.

Fewer point options, gutted skill trees are just a push towards homogenization.. and then RIFT will just become a ho hum mmo.. which is a spot WOW is now occupying.. Perhaps WOW should "scooch over" some and make room for RIFT to sit next to it..
    This is not my choice, it is what I have to do to be useful to my team.

And for the Wow thing... I left Wow years ago when they made the first big change to skill trees at the end of WoTLK. I had a frost dk and loved this spec, and the change was killing my gameplay... so I left.
    But RIFT is not Wow. in Wow we only had two specs (is it better now?), and one spec was one role. In RIFT even if the trees were made shorter we still have all our souls, and ability to change spec at will, and four roles.
    And look at the example BurningAlways gives: everything is there, this could be done and the souls would still feel the same.

I'm feeeling like wow when I have to play X spec because this is the mandatory spec for content and nothing else will do the job, and I hope this will change... but I know I'm just dreaming because all the elitist mages and the mage dev are happy with the current way.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, à la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

I'm feeeling like wow when I have to play X spec because this is the mandatory spec for content and nothing else will do the job, and I hope this will change... but I know I'm just dreaming because all the elitist mages and the mage dev are happy with the current way.
    Yeah, everybody is very happy in mage forums section about playing silly 54harb spec... Please, just don't talk about stuff you have no idea about, or maybe gather some information before posting crap, thanks.

99 dollars is too much!
    Yeah the pack has so many things in it, but not many ppl can afford so much money just for a game!
    Hope there will be a cheaper pack
    Although i love the mount wish i could get it
    Make a pack with mount and the new calling?

Soulwalker

I do quite like the look of the new calling - not quite what I was hoping for, but the resource mechanic could be funky, It reminds me of...Rune-Keeper I think from LotRO. The primal spirit buffs remind me a bit of Shaman from WoW, or at least what I keep hoping Shaman would be anyway, so feinately looking forward to it :-)

I will join in though with the voices expressing concern about the 31pt trees. As has been said, the major concern is this is only the beginning. Not only does it remove choice, it removes the reward for levelling. The beginning of the end of WoW for me was the simplification of the trees, an it only got worse when they removed them completly
    As others have said, cookie-cutters have always existed, simplifying the trees will not remove that. For me, one of the 2 defining features of RIFT is the fact you get big talent trees and lots of points, I would hate to see it begin treading the same path as WoW

Ok, now we finally have an official word on the site. Relevant quote:

Now is the time to prepare, Telarans! The Primalist will be available for purchase with the launch of RIFT: Into the Wilds, or as part of The Wilds Pack.
    No details yet as to the other methods nor pricing, but as I've been saying all along, there will be other methods to get Primalist besides the $99 pack, so quit jumping to conclusions because there's very very very likely going to be (a) a cheaper pack and/or (b) a credit pack (see: dream souls, storm souls).
    At least wait for official word on the details before assuming things. Like everyone, Trion is flawed, but they're not blathering idiots.

And in case devs see this in the sea, we'd love to know: (1) what other methods will there be to purchase Primalist (Website/Steam/Amazon? Credits??) and (2) how much will they be?
    Last edited by forbiddenlake; 08-07-2015 at 11:49 AM.

Rift Disciple

And for the Wow thing... I left Wow years ago when they made the first big change to skill trees at the end of WoTLK. I had a frost dk and loved this spec, and the change was killing my gameplay... so I left.
    But RIFT is not Wow. in Wow we only had two specs (is it better now?), and one spec was one role. In RIFT even if the trees were made shorter we still have all our souls, and ability to change spec at will, and four roles.
    And look at the example BurningAlways gives: everything is there, this could be done and the souls would still feel the same.

I'm deeply sorry you feel more or less forced to play X spec. That can't be all that much fun. As I said before, I am mostly a solo player who does rifts, zone events, and crifts.. I don't feel the same pressure you might feel to perform to X standards. I am happy playing RIFT the way I do. Do I miss out on raids and stuff like that? Yes, but I'm ok with that so that I don't have to feel forced to be X spec.

I have a 34, 22, 20 split for my current spec.. I do not think it would feel the same to me if they streamlined it.. that's all I'm saying.

The very reasons you left WOW are exactly my current fears for the spec(s) I play now.. if Trion decides to "streamline" the other callings...so I imagine you can understand my resistance. I really love my little warrior.. just as you loved your frost dk. I believe we understand each other now. At least I hope we do.
    Last edited by Ahnastashia; 08-07-2015 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fopod View Post
    Aaaaannnnddddd you just killed Critbinger!
    As well as any other specs that used that 6% crit chance to become crit heavy for PvP purpose.
    Probably just gave a slap to Pyrochon too!
    But that's fine... we want less Hybrids! We want full on 31 specs where the only reason to pick subsouls is for the 8 first points right?

Why would you ever use any Pyromancer damaging abilities with any other souls?
    The off points are used not for damaging abilities but for utilities and talents that increase modifiers.
    when abilities are used it's because the soul has SYNERGY between their damage increasing talents.
    Your missing the whole point.
    True Server First Prime GP: Anrak the Foul & Guurloth
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

This is ********, especially if you PvP (but even in PvE). The entire point and all the fun of Rift is finding interesting ways to combine souls for effective results. Sure, your options are limited when you are looking at a limited scope -- which is what you're doing. You're thinking, "what's the highest parsing DPS spec?", and there's always going to be a limited set of answers to that question.

But what about when I'm setting up a group to try to grab all the best leaderboard times for dungeons and raids? What about when I'm setting up a PvP 5v5? What about when my raid's roster is short of X class and I'm called upon to pick up the slack?

Simpler soul trees = fewer options. And whether you do the sort of thing that allows you to be creative with the soul system or not, some of us still do. It is the single lasting, core appeal of this game. And what we're seeing with Primalist, and to a lesser extent with other recent changes to existing souls (Reaver, Pyro) is a mounting trend away from Rift's history in favour of "efficiency" and "simplicity".

"Efficiency" is nothing but a euphemism for a lack of creativity.

Telaran

Yea, I'm not paying that, and I'm not waiting half a year for it to come down in price. I have around 60 dollars left for my yearly gaming budget, and I know exactly where its going (Thank you TRION for helping to make my mind up), and not some over price class. I'm guessing they'll charge 50 dollars for the last 4 souls sometime next year. It's my opinion, that this is nothing more but price gouging, and not simply the desire to build a game and make a profit. Anyways these are my opinion base on the current INFO we have now.
    Last edited by Awarain; 08-07-2015 at 12:05 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast