+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree216Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: New Calling!

Default Your all kidding right?

This change will not impact the vast majority of the player base who looks on the forums for the "best" build and then copies and pastes it and copies and pastes the macros and K alerts.

For a small % of the player base that likes to tinker with interesting builds and combos this will diminish available choices somewhat.

However the main point I'd like to make is that this is clearly part of the same trend that started in 3.0 ... its all about resource allocation IE dev time.

Less gear = less dev time on it
    Less skills and smaller trees = less dev time to create and balance the souls

Trion likely hired some efficiency expert or something ... I am not a fan of the changes but I think its clear that they are streamlining the game, content, skills, gear, in order to make better use of their human capital.

This thread has become a conclusion jumping contest.
    Niou Glitterdance - 70 The Silent
    Wikstrom Seihachi - 6- The Relentless
    -= Faeblight =-

Quote Originally Posted by Fopod View Post
    I have 7 different Harbinger specs I play with.
    But who would play 7 different Harbinger specs right?

Just play those cookie-cutters 54 Harb/8 Chloro/13 SC or 61 Harb/12 SC/3 Ele.

They want more choice... Even if they gave them more choice, they wouldn't know what to do with it. Just look at how they are happy about getting LESS choices.

Edit: Make that 8 Harbinger specs.
    No need to be arrogant.
    If you are happy with 8 variations of the same spec, good for you, but this is not what I mean by more choice. You tweak them but it is still harbinger.
    More choice would be being able to use any of the souls we have as main soul and getting something useful from it. We are far from this. Think Elem, archon, necro, domi...

I have 6 different versions of beastmaster, tempest, and liberator combinations that are tweaked in different ways to allows me do pretty much whatever I want to do. I only use those trees, and still have 6 different version of them. Some of the versions make me a healer spec, some versions make me a support spec... and a couple make me a DPS spec.

I absolutely love playing around with the skill trees.. if anything.. I want moar points and moar skill options to play with.. not less!
    Same here. You choose to only use 3 souls. It's your way and you like it. I don't like being forced to do this especially when the mandatory soul is one I don't like.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Quote Originally Posted by evantide View Post
    Without those passive crit chance and other % boosts, most souls would straight up suck. You're underestimating how much those passives add up for performance. You'd need the innate spells to be god damn ridiculous at a baseline if you wanted to scrap those multiplier passives.
    Well these are new souls they don't require so much work to work, think of vanilla rift.
    True Server First Prime GP: Anrak the Foul & Guurloth
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

Quote Originally Posted by Nithydux View Post
    This thread has become a conclusion jumping contest.
    Pretty much. I'm just gonna sit back and wait for it to calm down a bit...

Rift Master

Less choices = Less fun
    That's your opinion, not fact. Many people enjoy the opposite: having the choice made for them already, and instead focusing on how to execute it properly.

Telaran

Default Pricing plans?

Trion, what sort of plan do you have going forward to make the Primalist class more affordable for those of us who want to pay you for your hard work, but can't shell out $100 for it?

Soul trees could definitely use a few adjustments, but like they said, only Primalist is getting the new trees.. for now.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Mordrahan View Post
    Same here. You choose to only use 3 souls. It's your way and you like it. I don't like being forced to do this especially when the mandatory soul is one I don't like.
    I do understand what you're saying.. and I do realize some people feel they "must" play X spec with X abilities to get X result for dps, healing, tanking... and they just copy what everyone else does.. but having fewer options across skill trees is not going to make that go away for those people. I really don't know what to say to them other than they have made a choice to be a cookie cutter spec. If they are happy with that.. then I'm happy for them.

Fewer point options, gutted skill trees are just a push towards homogenization.. and then RIFT will just become a ho hum mmo.. which is a spot WOW is now occupying.. Perhaps WOW should "scooch over" some and make room for RIFT to sit next to it..
    Last edited by Ahnastashia; 08-07-2015 at 10:52 AM.

More choice?
    You think you'll have MORE choices with LESS talents?
    You'll still end up playing the same cookie-cutter spec that this one guide told you to use.
    You'll still end up macroing everything and rolling your face on the keyboard, except it will most likely be Reaver style of facerolling.
    You seriously think this will give you MORE hybrid choices?

You want more choices? ASK THEM TO FIX THE CURRENT SOULS! Don't ask for a completely gutted talent tree with less abilities!
    This is a quick look at what Pyromancer would look like with 31 points as an example as you can't see Primalist yet.

Interrupts and Mana generating abilities have been removed from the souls and added to General abilities.

Tree:
    Spoiler!

You need at least 4 points in each tier to unlock the next tier.
    You can see you have so much choice and if other souls where the same...

Root:
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Burninalways; 08-07-2015 at 12:43 PM. Reason: errors
    True Server First Prime GP: Anrak the Foul & Guurloth
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Default Wilds Pack Bug?

Just curious if it's intentional not being able to dye wardrobe & cape?

So in love with the mount & wardrobe + portrait. All of it! Cheers <3

I'm just guesting if anything be like NT pack, 3 parts going from cheap from the class to higher with more stuff in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaber View Post
    I'm just guesting if anything be like NT pack, 3 parts going from cheap from the class to higher with more stuff in it.
    I hope because I already leveled many toons from level 1, and even if I like the leveling journey, I don't want to do it once more from scratch. So I would like a pack with Primalist and a level 60 boost and/or a character slot. Or Primalist alone, because I have to buy a character slot for it, and a 60 boost.
    Prices as for the NT packs would be ok. I bought the middle one.

And this is another ugly massive mount... With planetouch wilds and Air theme we could have got something more...aerial

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Telaran

OK this class better not end up ridiculously easy and overpowered cuz I am not paying that ridiculous pack.

Oh and so glad to hear that they will screw up the drop chances by not bothering to make armor and weapons for primalists. Yay!
    Last edited by Tesla21; 08-07-2015 at 11:01 AM.

Ugh, well my birthday money is gone. Just in time for Primalist!... -.- Looks like I'm not getting this for a while. Hopefully I'll have the money to get this before 3.4.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast