+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree216Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: New Calling!

For people wondering, here's what the mount, portrait frame, and cape look like. (From the Wilds Pack on the Rift Store)

Note: The ring of glyphs on this portrait rotates clockwise and counterclockwise every now and then.

Soooo Trion.... when is that hound mount coming?
    Last edited by Nithydux; 08-07-2015 at 09:29 AM.
    Niou Glitterdance - 70 The Silent
    Wikstrom Seihachi - 6- The Relentless
    -= Faeblight =-

Quote Originally Posted by evantide View Post
    Without those passive crit chance and other % boosts, most souls would straight up suck. You're underestimating how much those passives add up for performance. You'd need the innate spells to be god damn ridiculous at a baseline if you wanted to scrap those multiplier passives.
    these passives would stay, but be merged in the base tree, for example with soul gifts, or a mastery thing. Or in the base spell. Abilities had levels in original RIFT, and they upgraded with your character's level. We could go back to something like this.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Fopod View Post
    I hate the gutted talent trees. I HATE IT.

This is stepping on the same freaking slippery slope that WoW and every new MMOs coming out are sliding on!
    Reducing the amount of complexity of the soul system? Really?
    Those 31 total points trees are an abomination!

Was that why Reaver was made? So you could see if gutting a spec to the point of the spec playing for you instead of you playing it would get received by the players?

In before, "It's not even released yet!".
    Doesn't need for it to be released to see that this new calling is a completely gutted version of the soul system.

I totally agree. This is a slippery slope.. and not a ride I want to get on. If they gutted the other callings and pruned everything down to just 31 points.. I can see myself spamming in crossevents chat: "WTB 45 more skill points for my spec ASAP! No cost too high!!"

31 points does not give the rich diversity of options that 76 points do. Less is not more... less is just... less. I was really excited to see the Primalist.. now I'm just really not.

For the love of the gods Trion.. please don't do this!!

So you want them to carry you by the hand so you can be as good as someone who spent more time then you min-maxing?
    This is irrelevant when everyone plays the same cookie-cutter spec.
    We have no choice. I want more choice.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

I think the problem is that some are using the other Souls, and trying to apply the way they work to the new Souls of Primalist, they'll find a way to make them just as useful, with less points/buttons. Stop comparing it to the other calling's souls, and just wait and see what they do.

I'm not saying it'll work right away, but jumping to conclusions just isn't smart, you're getting angry over assumptions.
    Last edited by Darcnova; 08-07-2015 at 09:39 AM.

Phs

Quote Originally Posted by Burninalways View Post
    Primalist should get it's own set of armor, it makes sense that it should; new Calling, new Souls.

If a Primalist gets a new armor then I would personally call it "Adaptive" a mix between Plate and Leather.
    "Adaptive" could also make the new Focus bar more realistic, as you build Furry you loosen you armor allowing you to deal harder heavy attacks while Cunning locks you armor making you more defensive and this type of motion would depend of what soul you are using
    Just give them a new main stat: Spirit/Focus/Mysticism/Chi/Whatever. Off stat them with STR and DEX. Change it on gear by gear basis. If anything following your gear and focus explanation: Dex on DPS gear for finesse and Furry movements and unrestrained focus. STR for tank and healing for Cunning and Strong powerful defense or focus heals.

Then the Primalist main stat would scale like DEX does for Warriors. and STR for Rogues. Reasonable to assume Primalist will be Attack Power and Physical Crit. So the gear cross over could still happen. But in the same way now that is a warrior uses Rogue gear.

Stat screen would fit in a new Main Stat like so

Quote Originally Posted by Mordrahan View Post
    More choice?
    You think you'll have MORE choices with LESS talents?
    You'll still end up playing the same cookie-cutter spec that this one guide told you to use.
    You'll still end up macroing everything and rolling your face on the keyboard, except it will most likely be Reaver style of facerolling.
    You seriously think this will give you MORE hybrid choices?

You want more choices? ASK THEM TO FIX THE CURRENT SOULS! Don't ask for a completely gutted talent tree with less abilities!
    Last edited by Fopod; 08-07-2015 at 09:40 AM.

Rift Disciple

I absolutely do not play a cookie cutter spec.. those who do, have no one but themselves to blame if they do.

You want choices? Go and make a spec that you want.. there *at least currently* many many options to select from..

Just say oh hell no to cookie cutter specs... go out and make your own cookie!!!

Currently in RIFT, I feel I am able to be whatever type of cookie I want to be...

Quote Originally Posted by Darcnova View Post
    I think the problem is that some are using the other Souls, and trying to apply the way they work to the new Souls of Primalist, they'll find a way to make them just as useful, with less points/buttons. Stop comparing it to the other calling's souls, and just wait and see what they do.

I'm not saying it'll work right away, but jumping to conclusions just isn't smart, you're getting angry over assumptions.
    No, people are thinking ahead and realizing the possibility that skill ability "pruning" for the other callings are what will be coming next... to make them more in line with the 31 point Primalist calling.
    Last edited by Ahnastashia; 08-07-2015 at 09:48 AM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Nithydux View Post
    For people wondering, here's what the mount, portrait frame, and cape look like. (From the Wilds Pack on the Rift Store)
    Love it more dinosuar, more primal more ancient design.
    Word.

RIFT Guide Writer

these passives would stay, but be merged in the base tree, for example with soul gifts, or a mastery thing. Or in the base spell. Abilities had levels in original RIFT, and they upgraded with your character's level. We could go back to something like this.
    And then you lose customization and optimization of stats. There is no cost of "take this utility in exchange for X DPS" any more because you're guaranteed that boost no matter what. Unless they make it so the player is forced between DPS skills and Utility skills outright, then you'll also get DPS that didn't take the interrupts cause they wanted more DPS.

Your way requires way more balance passes than what I've seen Trion pull out on their projects so far.
    Last edited by evantide; 08-07-2015 at 09:44 AM.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

Quote Originally Posted by Ahnastashia View Post
    I absolutely do not play a cookie cutter spec.. those who do, have no one but themselves to blame if they do.

You want choices? Go and make a spec that you want.. there *at least currently* many many options to select from..

Just say oh hell no to cookie cutter specs... go out and make your own cookie!!!

Currently in RIFT, I feel I am able to be whatever type of cookie I want to be...
    I have 7 different Harbinger specs I play with.
    But who would play 7 different Harbinger specs right?

Just play those cookie-cutters 54 Harb/8 Chloro/13 SC or 61 Harb/12 SC/3 Ele.

They want more choice... Even if they gave them more choice, they wouldn't know what to do with it. Just look at how they are happy about getting LESS choices.

Edit: Make that 8 Harbinger specs.
    Last edited by Fopod; 08-07-2015 at 09:46 AM.

IMO $50 is to much for the new calling as people are suggesting. Personally I think it should be closer to the price of soul packs. $25 at the most or less people will buy it. At $25 it seems like more would buy making you more money. I was really excited about Primalist but these high price tags has me turning away. After all Xmas comes soon after this release and buying for others is more important then spending buku's of money on myself for a new calling.

Rift Disciple

This may have been asked and answered in this thread, but I don't feel like scrolling through the entire discussion. Sorry if it is a repeat.

Will the ability (store purchase) to jump the character to L60 be available for this new calling? I have 9 character that have been worked from L1 to 65 the hard way. I am not sure I want to do it yet again.

Sword of Telara

And the forum background changes too now...
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Dkjester View Post
    well $99 per account-ish will probably be too much for my taste. I guess ill be selling the stuff I had set aside.

Truly though there is a lot in the pack, but 90% of it is not what I would want.

Mount- would be cool but wont pay more for
    Portrait Frame- really don't care about
    Ceremonial Garb- Meh
    Cape- A cap for looks? Nope, Cape that will not be used cause I got the power pack... Again nope
    Warfront Announcer- don't really want
    Additional slot- already bought preparing
    Pet/minion- meh, would be cool, but not paying more for
    Primal Trinket- Ill probably be crafting one better anyway
    Primalist- Yes want
    30 days of patron- well I already have like 2 months or so stored.

So it seems like a lot that would be fluff, why not just offer the soul separate? My guess is because most wouldn't buy the big pack if they can get the soul separate. This might be a game changer for me.
    Same here..

Mount: Is cool, but I don't want to pay for just another mount atm.
    Portrait: No interest whatsoever.
    Ceremonial Garb: Is nice, but I can live without it.
    Cape: Pass..
    Warfront: I don't PvP... have no desire to..
    Additional slot: I planned ahead.. I already have one.. but thanks anyway.
    Pet/minion- same as your thoughts. Would be nice, but not worth the extra money.
    Primal Trinket- I could probably make a better one at some point.
    Primalist: Thought I wanted, maybe still might.. (on the fence due to the 31 point gutted spec options) but if I did get it.. I would want it as a separate choice or maybe bundled with a level 60 boost.
    30 days of patron: I buy my patron a year at a time.. so I really don't need/want this.. but I can see it would be nice for those who might need it.

I have 7 different Harbinger specs I play with.
    But who would play 7 different Harbinger specs right?

Just play those cookie-cutters 54 Harb/8 Chloro/13 SC or 61 Harb/12 SC/3 Ele.

They want more choice... Even if they gave them more choice, they wouldn't know what to do with it. Just look at how they are happy about getting LESS choices.

Edit: Make that 8 Harbinger specs.
    I have 6 different versions of beastmaster, tempest, and liberator combinations that are tweaked in different ways to allows me do pretty much whatever I want to do. I only use those trees, and still have 6 different version of them. Some of the versions make me a healer spec, some versions make me a support spec... and a couple make me a DPS spec.

I absolutely love playing around with the skill trees.. if anything.. I want moar points and moar skill options to play with.. not less!
    Last edited by Ahnastashia; 08-07-2015 at 10:29 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast