+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree216Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: New Calling!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hawk View Post
    Primalists use Leather armor. Drop rates for gear will be re-weighted so that this does NOT mean leather-wearers get half as much loot as other people.

Keep in mind that all of the following could change before the Primalist launches:

Primalists do not use shields. They can use ranged weapons. They can dual wield or use two-handed weapons.
    Primalist should get it's own set of armor, it makes sense that it should; new Calling, new Souls.
    If it came out being that Primalist requires Leather items then Rogues would start to complain as there would be less gear for them.

Making a new set creates a whole new costume set for Primalist so you don't see rehashes of Rogue sets.
    Though you could do that for all old world gear and then add Primalist's unique costume to SL and NT vendors.

If a Primalist gets a new armor then I would personally call it "Adaptive" a mix between Plate and Leather.
    "Adaptive" could also make the new Focus bar more realistic, as you build Furry you loosen you armor allowing you to deal harder heavy attacks while Cunning locks you armor making you more defensive and this type of motion would depend of what soul you are using.

Both Warriors and Rogues can equip the "Adaptive" set, while also making so that the Primalist can't use Plate or Leather.
    However at release only Primalists will be able to equip it, then after some months open up the option to Warriors and Rogues.

As for weapons it should have at least one unique weapon that only the Primalist can equip.
    True Server First Prime GP: Anrak the Foul & Guurloth
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

Quote Originally Posted by Dkjester View Post
    I merely was stating that IF they don't release it as a single and IF it is the price it is showing, THEN I wont be buying it.
    Same for me.
    I care only for the calling and its souls.

I love fluff, but not the fluff they put in this pack. I don't care about announcers, I don't pvp, I don't use special portraits, I've got enough minions and pets, and for the mount, I am very selective and half the mounts existing in game don't please me. By the name I think it will be another massive beast, I don't like them.

So I won't pay for this pack, and I hope they sell Primalist alone. Or with a 60 boost and a character slot. For an acceptable price. This I would buy.
    Last edited by Mordrahan; 08-07-2015 at 08:56 AM.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Telaran

So, correct me if I missed something, but is it actually confirmed that the souls will be limited to 21/31 points?

I'm under the impression that perhaps since Trion knows their video would be picked apart frame by frame they only showed up to the thing they wanted to highlight (the 21 point talent) and nothing more. To me, that does not necessarily mean that is where the soul actually ends, only that that's all Trion wants us to see right now. Think about it, videos can be edited so that we can watch a giant alien robot with a sword ride a giant(er) robot dinosaur into battle. Is it so unbelievable that perhaps they just hid the rest of the tree from us?

Quote Originally Posted by Raucus View Post
    So, correct me if I missed something, but is it actually confirmed that the souls will be limited to 21/31 points?

I'm under the impression that perhaps since Trion knows their video would be picked apart frame by frame they only showed up to the thing they wanted to highlight (the 21 point talent) and nothing more. To me, that does not necessarily mean that is where the soul actually ends, only that that's all Trion wants us to see right now. Think about it, videos can be edited so that we can watch a giant alien robot with a sword ride a giant(er) robot dinosaur into battle. Is it so unbelievable that perhaps they just hid the rest of the tree from us?
    Yup, it was confirmed in this thread yesterday, by...one of the devs...so many have responded in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Darcnova View Post
    31, 51, 61 are all the same in the end, depending on how the tree is put together. Just wait before jumping to conclusions.
    Except no, they aren't. On the video the Berserker tree had 14 tree talents and 10 root talents. If every one in the root + every 1/1 in the tree were the souls actual abilities that is 13-15 skills compared to the 28-30 most souls receive now.

As Vladd mentioned the Primalist will maintain the same ratio current calling get (61/15 so ~31/8) meaning full point investment will grant the Primalist a total of 17-20 abilities from what we have seen compared to the almost FORTY ablilities fully spec'd callings get now.

Eliminating literally HALF of the abilities available is nowhere near "the same in the end".
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

Telaran

Ah, okay. Admittedly I mostly skimmed the thread, so I must have missed it then. Disregard and carry on then!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Mordrahan View Post
    I said the same in other words, seems you didn't understand my thinking
    The game we have now has lost the options it had in the beginning. We are pigeonholed in a few spec, and some are gimmicks I hate.
    Shrinking the tree doesn't mean dumbing it.
    You can keep all useful talents, those which gives new abilities and impact gameplay. Getting some % on an existing hability is not something you need to play with, it could be merged within the base tree like the soul gifts
    I would rather play with a smaller tree full of useful and meaningful talents than the 2 or 3 viable specs we have now and everything else being trash, and if I hope for a rewamp of the existing souls on the 31 model, it is for the better, to get more variations.
    You're right. If that is what you were trying to say, I did not understand that. My apologies for missing that. Where we do not agree I think is in what would be seen as useful talents.
    I am almost certain I probably play what would be seen as a trash spec. I do not raid, I don't do dungeons really, I don't pvp.. I play mostly as a solo player, and enjoy doing rifts, zone events, and crifts from time to time.

My main is a warrior who has their talents split 34 beastmaster, 22 tempest, and 20 liberator. I'm not looking to be top dps, I'm not looking to take over the healer's job.. I am a support spec, and as such, I believe I do a pretty good job at it... this hybrid spec also allows me to play the way I want to play. Although I do also play the other callings, and they are also all hybrids.. I love playing my warrior hands down the most. I don't feel pigeonholed into anything, but as I said.. I'm not interested in raiding or being top dps etc.

There is to me a wonderful diversity in the options for specs in RIFT. Two people can select the exact same trees, and not be exactly the same (unless they went cookie cutter spec.. which is of course their choice).

What you see as a useful talent might not be what I think is useful and vise versa.. that is why there are so many options to build what you think is useful and to allow me to build what *I* see as useful. I would never assume to know what is important to you in your spec build. I hope you would think the same.

I would disagree that getting X percent of an existing ability does not matter. I like that whatever percent you select for X ability might have a synergy affect with another ability.. that works off yet another ability.. and all mixed together.. produce a slightly different or stronger result. For me, part of the fun is in seeing how they all mix and interact with each other.

I guess my bottom line is that the removal of choice is never a good thing *to me*. Someone else deciding what is useful for me, is again.. never a good thing. The fewer choices you have in skills, the more cookie cutter the specs become... and if I want that.. I can just go play that other mmo where their skill choices have been pruned to death, and decided for them.. because the devs know what should be "useful" for everyone else.

I truly hope that is not the direction RIFT is going.
    Last edited by Ahnastashia; 08-07-2015 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fopod View Post
    And just 1 talent that give you everything for the spec is also the same right?

Just select your spec and we give you all the abilities and absolutely no choice whatsoever regarding talent!
    You would just get the same with talents anyway!

31 =/= 61, period.

If I want to choose between 5% damage, 5% damage reduction and 5% crit chance. I don't want to be forced into getting 5% damage and 5% damage reduction without the choice of choosing 5% crit chance instead of the 5% damage reduction.
    It's doubtful that these 31 point souls will have 5% damage, 5% damage reduction and 5% crit chance talents to spend point in, more likely you will spend points in to talents that adds a mechanic to the the soul or for a new ability.

Taking Pyromancer as a example:
    Instead of crit chance on primary bolts by 6%, reduces the push back by 100%, increase st by 6%, increases crit chance by 6%, increase non-instant by 6%, increase Spell Power on Fire by 15% and every other filler talent.

It would just have Flicker, Fire Storm, Fire Balls proc instant Cinder Burst, Fire abilities reduce Fire Ball cast time by 0.5s and increase damage by 30%, Flame Bolt increases damage by 10%, Heat Wave and reduces gcd to 1s type talents.

Mechanics that make the soul what it is.

Hopefully these 31 point souls won't even have 1% damage and healing soul gifts making hybrids totally possible.
    Last edited by Burninalways; 08-07-2015 at 09:13 AM.
    True Server First Prime GP: Anrak the Foul & Guurloth
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Default RedHawke @ the airport....

Primalists use Leather armor. Drop rates for gear will be re-weighted so that this does NOT mean leather-wearers get half as much loot as other people.

Keep in mind that all of the following could change before the Primalist launches:

They currently use a new system for stats where Dex and Str both contribute equally as Main Stat and Secondary Stat. This allows Primalists to use weapons currently considered Warrior and Rogue weapons equally.

Primalists do not use shields. They can use ranged weapons. They can dual wield or use two-handed weapons.
    Oh I'm watching forums background change and this is on twitter, thanks for all the hard work Jeff!

Attachment 25406

Telaran

76 pounds is far far to much for a few new souls, I expected something around 30 pounds which I was fully willing to pay. maybe offer primalist just on its own without all the other things thrown in. you could get a whole new expansion for that sort of dosh..

Quote Originally Posted by Burninalways View Post
    It's doubtful that these 31 point souls will have 5% damage, 5% damage reduction and 5% crit chance talents to spend point in, more likely you will spend points in to talents that adds a mechanic to the the soul or for a new ability.

Instead of crit chance on primary bolts by 6%, reduces the push back by 100%, increase st by 6%, increases crit chance by 6%, increase non-instant by 6%, increase Spell Power on Fire by 15% and every other filler talent.

It would just have Flicker, Fire Storm, Fire Balls proc instant Cinder Burst, Fire abilities reduce Fire Ball cast time by 0.5s and increase damage by 30%, Flame Bolt increases damage by 10%, reduces gcd to 1s and of course Heat Wave talents.

Hopefully these 31 point souls won't even have 1% damage and healing soul gifts making hybrids totally possible.
    It doesn't matter the way they do it.
    Even if in the end you have the exact same amount of % for everything,
    Choosing 31 points is less choices than choosing 61 points.
    72 points versus 49? (If you have 8 extra points for off soul)
    That is FAR less choices you can make, period.

It's not a matter of what you get from those points, it's a matter of how many choices you have to specifically choose what you want with those points.

72 points across 3 trees with 61 points max per tree is exponentially more choices than only 49 points across 3 trees with 31 points max per tree.

Edit: And like Stihl said. Look at the number of abilities! Is that not gutting down the gameplay to remove almost half the number of abilities a spec has?
    They'll also have to make the abilities stronger because how else will they compete with other calling that has almost twice the amount of abilities?
    30 sec CD AoE 5 sec debilitate? What if all of their skills are as broken as that?
    Everyone knows how cancerous the AoE debilitate of Cabalist is in PvP and they give it to Primalist!

Edit 2: It's like I said. A slippery slope. A very slippery one! They start with Primalist, we end up with the same on the 4 callings and later on we find ourselves without any choices and only able to play premade specs.
    Anyone who defend this change or see it as a good thing is simply being oblivious.
    WoW is the perfect example of what happens when they gut down class mechanics and gameplay. And the same kind of people defended WoW for doing it just to turn around later on and complain about the lack of choices.
    Last edited by Fopod; 08-07-2015 at 09:23 AM.

Another class that can dual wield or use two handers? So when are Rogues going to get two handers?
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

RIFT Guide Writer

snip
    Without those passive crit chance and other % boosts, most souls would straight up suck. You're underestimating how much those passives add up for performance. You'd need the innate spells to be god damn ridiculous at a baseline if you wanted to scrap those multiplier passives.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

It would just have Flicker, Fire Storm, Fire Balls proc instant Cinder Burst, Fire abilities reduce Fire Ball cast time by 0.5s and increase damage by 30%, Flame Bolt increases damage by 10%, Heat Wave and reduces gcd to 1s type talents.

Yes this is exactly what I hope, and what I would like them to do for all callings.
    This would make hybrids easier to do, %minmaxing less important and choice of abilities more important, with more variations in gameplay and more choice of specs.

But we need to see how Primalist plays before asking for such changes

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Quote Originally Posted by Mordrahan View Post
    Yes this is exactly what I hope, and what I would like them to do for all callings.
    This would make hybrids easier to do, %minmaxing less important and choice of abilities more important, with more variations in gameplay and more choice of specs.

But we need to see how Primalist plays before asking for such changes
    So you want them to carry you by the hand so you can be as good as someone who spent more time then you min-maxing?

What's next? All gear should have AP/SP, CP and PC/SC on it and it should be the exact same amount for each tier so every pieces are equal and you don't have to min-max your stats too?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast