+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree216Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: New Calling!

Quote Originally Posted by Phs View Post
    So if primalist is also getting their own gear that means they have three gear options. If it means they aren't: that means Warriors and Rogue have to contend with Primalist wanting anything they get. That's a bit ridiculous.

gg loot distributions.
    In the same post he said that drop rates are being re-weighed...

So I should make sure to "finish" gearing my Mage before it comes out, I see.

RIFT Community Ambassador Golden's Avatar

~$80 to buy the primalist pack! I sure hope not. And only 6 souls to go with it?
    Children's Miracle Network 24 hour gaming marathon - Extra Life - join Trion Worlds team and have fun with us
    Please use my Ascend-A-Friend link: https://rift.trionworlds.com/account...=ascend_invite

Phs

Quote Originally Posted by Darcnova View Post
    In the same post he said that drop rates are being re-weighed...
    So more STR and DEX gear drops? So Mages and Clerics lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    ~$80 to buy the primalist pack! I sure hope not. And only 6 souls to go with it?
    It's the Wilds pack that was shown, and that contains a bunch of stuff. Right now, we don't know how much the Primalist by itself will be.

And 6 souls at the start, 4 later, yes.

@Phs - Seeing as there's another calling that uses it...probably. But still, you're jumping to conclusions right now, seeing as none of us have any idea how they'll be re-weighing drops.
    Last edited by Darcnova; 08-07-2015 at 07:54 AM.

For those of you writing off Primalist as a too expensive moneygrab, enjoy the money kept in your wallet. Not everyone is going to purchase the in game content, for the most part you can enjoy the game without it.

For the rest of us, with Primalist (and PTW) scheduled for Fall 2015, everything (unless confirmed officially) is subject to change. At the moment the majority is speculation.

Soulwalker

I still believe that the calling itself and the first 6 souls will be for free. Think about it: ofc trion wants to make a living but what is the best way? Attracting new customers. And why should new customers come to rift? Because of a new and exciting class. No new player will come if they first have to spend $
    Regards, Binford

So...you think it's gonna be free, but also included in the purchase of a bundle? I don't see that happening either, unless the calling costs a bunch of alt currency or something.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Zokot View Post
    For those of you writing off Primalist as a too expensive moneygrab, enjoy the money kept in your wallet. Not everyone is going to purchase the in game content, for the most part you can enjoy the game without it.

For the rest of us, with Primalist (and PTW) scheduled for Fall 2015, everything (unless confirmed officially) is subject to change. At the moment the majority is speculation.
    And what better way to get the official release changed... then to voice our disapproval now?

That is my point.

I merely was stating that IF they don't release it as a single and IF it is the price it is showing, THEN I wont be buying it.

I also just want to say that IF that is the only way to get it, it better be OP as all get out. If I do choose to buy it for $99, then it better be able to solo NTEs... just sayin.

Either that or the mount should have a built in porticulum, hover ability, double jump height, 165% move rate or SOMETHING
    Last edited by Dkjester; 08-07-2015 at 08:21 AM.

Shadowlander

100 in Europe. Dunno about US, but here, 100 is too much, even for a full game.

I hate the gutted talent trees. I HATE IT.

This is stepping on the same freaking slippery slope that WoW and every new MMOs coming out are sliding on!
    Reducing the amount of complexity of the soul system? Really?
    Those 31 total points trees are an abomination!

Was that why Reaver was made? So you could see if gutting a spec to the point of the spec playing for you instead of you playing it would get received by the players?

In before, "It's not even released yet!".
    Doesn't need for it to be released to see that this new calling is a completely gutted version of the soul system.
    Last edited by Fopod; 08-07-2015 at 08:40 AM.

RIFT Guide Writer

I'm okay with it if they combined pure passive stat boosters to reduce clutter. IE 5% crit chance talent that needed 5 points is now only 1 point.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

31, 51, 61 are all the same in the end, depending on how the tree is put together. Just wait before jumping to conclusions.

Rift Master

I was hoping for a few different packs for Primalist.
    Like one with just the calling, one with the calling and a lvl 60 boost, and one with calling and lvl 60 boost and abunch of other goodies like the character slot mount etc.

As it stands 100 bucks for the pack they offered is just WAY too steep imo. I was hoping for something along the lines of 50 bucks for the calling itself(or maybe even 40 if the next 4 souls for it are going to have to be bought as well), 75 for the calling+boost, and 150 for the deluxe package.

I had planned to buy Primalist but If other purchasing options aren't added I DEFINITELY won't be buying it as it stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcnova View Post
    31, 51, 61 are all the same in the end, depending on how the tree is put together. Just wait before jumping to conclusions.
    And just 1 talent that give you everything for the spec is also the same right?

Just select your spec and we give you all the abilities and absolutely no choice whatsoever regarding talent!
    You would just get the same with talents anyway!

31 =/= 61, period.

If I want to choose between 5% damage, 5% damage reduction and 5% crit chance. I don't want to be forced into getting 5% damage and 5% damage reduction without the choice of choosing 5% crit chance instead of the 5% damage reduction.

Edit: People were saying the same freaking thing when WoW announced their gutted abomination of a talent trees.
    They said the same thing when they announced they were getting rid of talent trees entirely.
    They said the same thing when they announced the removal of "useless abilities".
    Just wait and see before complaining they said!
    It's not that bad they said!

Well I'm sorry if I care about the game I love to not go down that stupid slope that every single MMOs out there are sliding like it was a bobsleigh race!
    Last edited by Fopod; 08-07-2015 at 08:51 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast