+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree216Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: New Calling!

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Narcise View Post
    the new primalist pack....
    Eh? What? Where?
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by agumentas View Post
    This is exactly the same way that WOW thought. Lets get rid of useless skills that can be built into the spec. Now look at the state of their talent system. Is that where we want to end up? I know I do not.
    The question now is: "Is this a trend we can expect to carry over to our current builds? If so, is this something the community wants or is this laziness from Trion?"
    I am hoping laziness personally. I do not want to say I'll leave Rift if the soul trees get stripped down, but I do see it as the first step to terrible soul options that reflect what WOW is doing.
    except he's not talking about skills, he's talking about passive gains that either get 5/5 or 0/5 for 99.9% of specs
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 08-07-2015 at 06:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    Eh? What? Where?
    On EU (only region I logged into yet today) in the store under Services, right at the top, huge pink bar with "running lights"....
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Sword of Telara

That's the power pack. It's been there for a good few weeks now already, and nowhere does it say it has anything to do with primalist.

Edit: Nevermind. I'm sure the wilds pack wasn't there before.

I hope they are selling it separately. 76.49 is just a tad steep. No way am I buying that. It doesn't seem to be on NA yet, but it looks like this.
    Last edited by Foolio; 08-07-2015 at 07:04 AM.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    That's the power pack. It's been there for a good few weeks now already, and nowhere does it say it has anything to do with primalist.

Edit: Nevermind. I'm sure the wilds pack wasn't there before.

I hope they are selling it separately. 76.49 is just a tad steep. No way am I buying that. It doesn't seem to be on NA yet, but it looks like this.
    Yeah. $99 US, two accounts.... One later this month, one next I guess! Still not there on US, they might have thrown it up on EU while fixing the "problem" with the sparkle trove....
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

That's a pack with a lot of content so I'm guessing they'll sell just the Primalist on its own as well.

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #172
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Kaltai View Post
    I'll be getting the calling regardless but would really like to know if my main will have to compete with regards to gear. Any info you can share about whether primalists will use leather (or will there be a new armour type) and what their main stat will be?
    Primalists use Leather armor. Drop rates for gear will be re-weighted so that this does NOT mean leather-wearers get half as much loot as other people.

Keep in mind that all of the following could change before the Primalist launches:

They currently use a new system for stats where Dex and Str both contribute equally as Main Stat and Secondary Stat. This allows Primalists to use weapons currently considered Warrior and Rogue weapons equally.

Primalists do not use shields. They can use ranged weapons. They can dual wield or use two-handed weapons.

Rift Chaser

well $99 per account-ish will probably be too much for my taste. I guess ill be selling the stuff I had set aside.

Truly though there is a lot in the pack, but 90% of it is not what I would want.

Mount- would be cool but wont pay more for
    Portrait Frame- really don't care about
    Ceremonial Garb- Meh
    Cape- A cap for looks? Nope, Cape that will not be used cause I got the power pack... Again nope
    Warfront Announcer- don't really want
    Additional slot- already bought preparing
    Pet/minion- meh, would be cool, but not paying more for
    Primal Trinket- Ill probably be crafting one better anyway
    Primalist- Yes want
    30 days of patron- well I already have like 2 months or so stored.

So it seems like a lot that would be fluff, why not just offer the soul separate? My guess is because most wouldn't buy the big pack if they can get the soul separate. This might be a game changer for me.
    Last edited by Dkjester; 08-07-2015 at 07:31 AM.

^ you act as if you know for a fact that that pack will be the only way the Primalist will be offered

wait for an official announcement before deciding

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Dkjester View Post
    So it seems like a lot that would be fluff, why not just offer the soul separate? My guess is because most wouldn't buy the big pack if they can get the soul separate. This might be a game changer for me.
    Me too, for various reasons I have no interest in anything else in the pack (except the patron time, but that's cheaper outside).

We're still sort of assuming that it won't be sold separately once 3.4 launches, but until then we don't know.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

Rift Chaser

I mean you are probably right, and I will wait for the announcement, but I think it is important they hear that people are not happy about it.

I expected I would have to pay, I just really hope that being vocal... they realize they need to offer it solo.

I mean you could get the nightmare tide content cheaper, way cheaper.
    Last edited by Dkjester; 08-07-2015 at 07:37 AM.

Default What pack?

I dont see any pack when logging onto Zaviel, so are you talking about the PTS or what?

That pack is most likely a pre-purchase for the 3.4 stuff, the calling/soul pack is bound to be its own thing, bundles have been a thing for a while, and the 3.4 stuff is just included with it.

Phs

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hawk View Post
    They currently use a new system for stats where Dex and Str both contribute equally as Main Stat and Secondary Stat. This allows Primalists to use weapons currently considered Warrior and Rogue weapons equally.
    So if primalist is also getting their own gear that means they have three gear options. If it means they aren't: that means Warriors and Rogue have to contend with Primalist wanting anything they get. That's a bit ridiculous.

gg loot distributions.

edit: if it's JUST weapons. That's even worse lol. Warriors and especially Rogues who need their weapons will now be losing them to Udyr. Then if you re do loot tables so more of it all drops. Then ****. rip Mages and Clerics now their gear just doesn't drop.
    Last edited by Phs; 08-07-2015 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hawk View Post
    Primalists use Leather armor. Drop rates for gear will be re-weighted so that this does NOT mean leather-wearers get half as much loot as other people.

Keep in mind that all of the following could change before the Primalist launches:

Primalists do not use shields. They can use ranged weapons. They can dual wield or use two-handed weapons.
    Thank you. I was trying to pull all that together from place, got dc'd by a t'storm, but it's a lot better from you than from me!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast