+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree216Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: New Calling!

That ending is familiar...

Oh yeah... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmndxoF74qQ (Start at 1:40)

:P
    Serale@Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by Ahnastashia View Post
    The ability to have so many variations of specs is at least to me, one of the very best aspects of RIFT. I love playing with the different options..
    but maybe new people would like rich, complex calling abilities.. why assume new people would prefer simplicity?
    I said the same in other words, seems you didn't understand my thinking
    The game we have now has lost the options it had in the beginning. We are pigeonholed in a few spec, and some are gimmicks I hate.
    Shrinking the tree doesn't mean dumbing it.
    You can keep all useful talents, those which gives new abilities and impact gameplay. Getting some % on an existing hability is not something you need to play with, it could be merged within the base tree like the soul gifts
    I would rather play with a smaller tree full of useful and meaningful talents than the 2 or 3 viable specs we have now and everything else being trash, and if I hope for a rewamp of the existing souls on the 31 model, it is for the better, to get more variations.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Vladd, where u been m8? ETA on BM, ranger changes?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Quick post because I have very limited data on my phone and it's one am here in Germany.

We'll have more info tomorrow and in the coming weeks, so check the website and forums. Expect live streams as well to talk about a lot of the new stuff coming in 3.4. There's a ton of amazing stuff and we can't wait to share more.

Night all!
    If your in Germany then it is tomorrow already, we can haz update?

I'll be getting the calling regardless but would really like to know if my main will have to compete with regards to gear. Any info you can share about whether primalists will use leather (or will there be a new armour type) and what their main stat will be?

Shadowlander

I would prefer if Vulcanist was aoe and Typhoon st. This way it just looks like Pyro and Stormcaller.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Quick post because I have very limited data on my phone and it's one am here in Germany.

We'll have more info tomorrow and in the coming weeks, so check the website and forums. Expect live streams as well to talk about a lot of the new stuff coming in 3.4. There's a ton of amazing stuff and we can't wait to share more.

Night all!
    Give us the info promised for today already, cant w8 any longer!

Default 1st step to bland

Quote Originally Posted by lordmitz View Post
    i don't know about trimming abilities out of the trees, but are you seriously telling me that putting 5 points into "increases damage/healing by x%" is fun and rewarding when it could just be baked into the spec by default?
    This is exactly the same way that WOW thought. Lets get rid of useless skills that can be built into the spec. Now look at the state of their talent system. Is that where we want to end up? I know I do not.
    The question now is: "Is this a trend we can expect to carry over to our current builds? If so, is this something the community wants or is this laziness from Trion?"
    I am hoping laziness personally. I do not want to say I'll leave Rift if the soul trees get stripped down, but I do see it as the first step to terrible soul options that reflect what WOW is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by agumentas View Post
    This is exactly the same way that WOW thought. Lets get rid of useless skills that can be built into the spec. Now look at the state of their talent system. Is that where we want to end up? I know I do not.
    The question now is: "Is this a trend we can expect to carry over to our current builds? If so, is this something the community wants or is this laziness from Trion?"
    I am hoping laziness personally. I do not want to say I'll leave Rift if the soul trees get stripped down, but I do see it as the first step to terrible soul options that reflect what WOW is doing.
    I'm more inclined to see what the end result in gameplay will be. There's seems to be a difference with focus swing both ways on that bar. I'm also wondering if it is just for this new class. Which probably with be OP to attract purchases. And the minimum seems to be 21 in any tree to achieve that avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Gastby View Post
    Hey I have another theory. What if the Primalist is born somewhere in Droughtlands and the initial level is 45. 'Cause we now know Primaliast, TPW will be out at the same time, at least TRION should give Primaliast some kind of background story, so...
    THAT, I would really really like, instead of having to twist another set of alts through Guardian/Defiant starting areas again. I'd rather just buy level 60 for all of them and be done with it.

And Primalists will be wearing leather.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kat Head View Post
    So basically;

Primalist = Spirit Guard Udyr

100% not a fan of the gutted soul tree. As long as this stays primalist only im okay with it though.
    The 31-point soul trees are a feature unique to Primalist, and it should probably remain that way.

As for what the main stat will be? Possibly 50% Str and 50% Dex, giving it the most versatility in terms of gearing, as it would benefit equally from Warrior and Rogue gear, stat-wise.

I think next time, I want to see a Psionist/ class...
    TRION LISTEN TO ME ON THIS
    I secretly hope you put together a duel wielding totem class that can chuck mobs at one another WITH THEIR MIND.
    They could make illusions to tank for them, they could channel nightmare energy to drive their foes to madness...

Look, just hire me on, and I'll totes give you guys all my bright ideas.
    ;~;
    Last edited by Kat Fantastic; 08-07-2015 at 05:46 AM.
    Thunderkat (65) - Tekay (65) - Pfifer (65) - Visionary (65) - Rhailo (65)

<Bounty>'s GL - NA chillest.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Mordrahan View Post
    I said the same in other words, seems you didn't understand my thinking
    The game we have now has lost the options it had in the beginning. We are pigeonholed in a few spec, and some are gimmicks I hate.
    Shrinking the tree doesn't mean dumbing it.
    You can keep all useful talents, those which gives new abilities and impact gameplay. Getting some % on an existing hability is not something you need to play with, it could be merged within the base tree like the soul gifts
    I would rather play with a smaller tree full of useful and meaningful talents than the 2 or 3 viable specs we have now and everything else being trash, and if I hope for a rewamp of the existing souls on the 31 model, it is for the better, to get more variations.
    I agree. Presently, while talking about all the variations, we resort to whatever is most effective thereby pigeonholing ourselves. Most warriors have the fotm, Reaver in their pocket somewhere. Remember the days of speed carriers for rogues (too OP, I admit, but it was fun).

I don't know where this is all going but there will be a transition. Primalist. Maybe the other classes? Whatever, this is the path Trion's going. We'll see how it takes, I'm sure they're looking to the future. That means new players. What does leave for us veterans'? Probably not the game we started with and stuck with.

Quote Originally Posted by agumentas View Post
    Whether it's 31, 51, or 61, they're all just arbitrary numbers in the end.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Narcise View Post
    And Primalists will be wearing leather.
    Source? If it is based on that datamining that Jonus did ages ago then all that says is that Primalists can wear AT LEAST leather just like warriors and clerics are currently able to do so. Potentially there could be an armour type that rogues can't wear but primalists and warriors can.

Obviously if your source is better than mere speculation then I would be really interested to find out more details

And.... Trion, you are going to make me totally broke - the new primalist pack.... *sigh*
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast