+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: How many devs left working on rift?

Default How many devs left working on rift?

I wonder since it seems the end is near if the self respect wont come back.
    i got such frustration about all the things that are ****ed up atm but i cant even express my
    feelings why i think its ****ed up since it will get me banned from the forums once again.
    Why did u take all the money from rift players and put it in archage? we had such a good thing going here.

Anyway if the population keeps decreasing like this will there stay servers up? for people like me who will stick with the game untill the end.

Well the last livestream they showed plenty of staff and Ocho said they are hiring for the Rift team, so I think we're fine
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Quote Originally Posted by almarean View Post
    I wonder since it seems the end is near if the self respect wont come back.
    i got such frustration about all the things that are ****ed up atm but i cant even express my
    feelings why i think its ****ed up since it will get me banned from the forums once again.
    Why did u take all the money from rift players and put it in archage? we had such a good thing going here.

Anyway if the population keeps decreasing like this will there stay servers up? for people like me who will stick with the game untill the end.
    Blah blah blah same old poopy complaints.

The game is still getting updated content, a new class is coming out, a new zone is released, new pvp mode and map, new nte, tier 3 is coming eventually... Stop the incessant pointless *****ing it doesn't help anyone.

Language! - Ocho
    Last edited by Ocho; 07-30-2015 at 10:49 AM.
    Krakensensei: Lvl: 65 Mage
    Jackdaws:Lvl: 65 Rogue
    Sirsurgeon:Lvl: 65 Cleric
    Booze Cruise of Greybriar

RIFT Guide Writer

Frustrated yet can't articulate his frustrations. Totally helpful. Like all those people asking tech support where the "any" key is.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #5

This question is a lot like "When will you stop beating your wife?" There is no good answer, because the question 1) relies on a faulty premise and 2) is phrased in such a way that doesn't have the possibility of a positive answer.

So let's get to some facts:
    • The RIFT Dev team is the largest Dev team I've ever worked with in almost a decade of working on triple A MMOs.
    • The team has grown over the last year and a half, and hiring for the team continues.
    • Population in RIFT is strong, lots of people play RIFT and lots of new people continue to start to play RIFT.
    • Profits from RIFT are certainly reinvested in RIFT. AA took 0 devs from RIFT. None, nada, zilch.
    • RIFT is in zero danger. We're really excited about the future, right now is a great time to be playing or working on RIFT.

Some folks will of course not believe this. They'll ask for proof. But that's a dead end path because if they don't want to trust us they can just accuse us of falsifying data, and specific data is confidential business information regardless.

Other comments that frequently come up in regards to this topic:

But you're reusing content!

Hell yeah we are! Sometimes it makes sense. Not updating old content so no one does it is a loss for the game and for its players. We're not only reusing old content, we're also developing new content. Keep you eyes out over the next couple weeks, we might be announcing something.

My guild and/or friendlist has less people!

Yes, guilds naturally have rising and falling populations. If your guild is shrinking it's time to step up recruitment. If your friendlist is shrinking it's time to meet some new people. People naturally come and go from MMOs, real life happens or sometimes they just want change. A huge amount of them come back in the future. You can't get a friendlist/guild roster set and then expect it to never change.

PvP/Raiding/Dimensions/Manugo Players are the core of the game and that community is shrinking!

You don't have numbers, so you are guessing. I'll say it again, the population is healthy. See above about data on this topic.

Trion doesn't care about RIFT anymore!

Yes we do, don't be silly. RIFT is an incredibly important game to us.

RIFT Guide Writer

The only thing I want is the devs communicating more. It seems like the class devs have basically gone dark on us since the January patch where 3 specs overhauled.

I mean, if they're gonna all themselves the intermediary between us and the systems team, I kind of expect more than one post per 2 weeks or no response at all.

Or how about the class devs talking to us instead of over us? Since that's kind of how it feels to be a mage right now. No communication and the dev pushing on ahead because he "knows better than us".
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post

We all know trovemasterrace.

<3
    4/4 || 5/5 || 2/3
    Aiiko@Greybriar || Aikoo@whoknows
    omgsocasual
    #wolfgurl

AA took 0 devs from RIFT. None, nada, zilch.
    What about Amary

please don't kill me senpai <3 I kid, I kid
    Last edited by Orangu; 07-30-2015 at 11:06 AM.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Orangu View Post
    What about Amary

please don't kill me senpai <3 I kid, I kid
    Amary will live on in Rift forever through the hearts and minds of all of Telara's corgis.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

This question is a lot like "When will you stop beating your wife?" There is no good answer, because the question 1) relies on a faulty premise and 2) is phrased in such a way that doesn't have the possibility of a positive answer.

• The RIFT Dev team is the largest Dev team I've ever worked with in almost a decade of working on triple A MMOs.
    • The team has grown over the last year and a half, and hiring for the team continues.
    • Population in RIFT is strong, lots of people play RIFT and lots of new people continue to start to play RIFT.
    • Profits from RIFT are certainly reinvested in RIFT. AA took 0 devs from RIFT. None, nada, zilch.
    • RIFT is in zero danger. We're really excited about the future, right now is a great time to be playing or working on RIFT.

Some folks will of course not believe this. They'll ask for proof. But that's a dead end path because if they don't want to trust us they can just accuse us of falsifying data, and specific data is confidential business information regardless.

Hell yeah we are! Sometimes it makes sense. Not updating old content so no one does it is a loss for the game and for its players. We're not only reusing old content, we're also developing new content. Keep you eyes out over the next couple weeks, we might be announcing something.

Yes, guilds naturally have rising and falling populations. If your guild is shrinking it's time to step up recruitment. If your friendlist is shrinking it's time to meet some new people. People naturally come and go from MMOs, real life happens or sometimes they just want change. A huge amount of them come back in the future. You can't get a friendlist/guild roster set and then expect it to never change.

PvP/Raiding/Dimensions/Manugo Players are the core of the game and that community is shrinking!

You don't have numbers, so you are guessing. I'll say it again, the population is healthy. See above about data on this topic.

Thanks for the work ocho don't know how you put up with answering the same questions every day without blowing your lid or just not responding to people so thanks.
    Krakensensei: Lvl: 65 Mage
    Jackdaws:Lvl: 65 Rogue
    Sirsurgeon:Lvl: 65 Cleric
    Booze Cruise of Greybriar

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Thanks for taking the time Ocho and have fun at Gamescon really glad you're all heading to EU to say hi to our EU fam. Communication is always a big thing and when Devs spend time it reassures many. I really appreciate Friday livestreams for this and the articles you do along with the times Devs hangout on players streams, answer articles etc

Can't wait to hear the news!
    Keep it up and shower us with Rift awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Communication is always a big thing and when Devs spend time it reassures many.
    Just putting an emphasis on this sentence.

I see a lot of communication from several of the devs and that's great but...

Like evantide mentioned, the dev class leads are dead silent and a lot of the most active players of each calling, especially mages, are growing very impatient with the lack of communication in that department.
    Last edited by Fopod; 07-30-2015 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fopod View Post
    Just putting an emphasis on this sentence.

I see a lot of communication from several of the devs and that's great but...

Like evantide mentioned, the dev class leads are dead silent and a lot of the most active players of each calling, especially mages, are growing very impatient with the lack of communication in that department.
    I've said this before and I'll say it again:

I would love to have a single developer in charge of all 4 (5) callings, someone whose absolute #1 priority is the continued support and development of the game's callings and souls.

A lot of people want to go back to having one dev for each calling. We don't need this, but I think Rift would benefit greatly if there was someone on the Trion team who could devote themselves to class development.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseTheKrakens View Post
    Thanks for the work ocho don't know how you put up with answering the same questions every day without blowing your lid or just not responding to people so thanks.
    I jog at a park. There is an old man who walks around everyday muttering to himself, stopping now and again to scream and throw sticks at ducks. I hope Ocho gets out before he becomes the next-Gen crazy park guy.
    We can't hear the true songs, we are alone under the cold moon.

*fewer

I actually expected you to just not answer a post like this, but I'm glad that you did. I guess I question why people continue to say that the Rift population is decreasing. Yes, I have noticed that certain people are not playing anymore (I even took a break), but that is not at all an indicator of a change in the population size. If you look at the casual guilds, you'll see them getting new players all the time. Most raiding guilds are recruiting and have limitations so fewer are going to join. The questions people ask without having proof are astounding.

Quote Originally Posted by almarean View Post
    Just like this one... That's such a ridiculous question. I wouldn't be surprised at all if games within a company shared resources sometimes. But they're not going to take all the money in one game and put it in another. I assure you the difference would be noticeable.

I do agree with Evantide that a bit more communication from the Class Devs would be greatly appreciated, but I'm not about to go make a whole thread dedicated to questioning their loyalty to the game. It's just a waste of time. The players get angry, the Devs feel less appreciated, and everyone loses. So have a little faith in the company and in the Devs. It makes the game a bit more fun
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast