+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 76
Like Tree34Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Part 2 completed The Sage of Lord Arak, thanks

  1. #1
    Plane Touched Meliannia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    286

    Default Part 2 completed The Sage of Lord Arak, thanks

    did it solo, took me about 2 and half hours, 30+ Shard Firsts, no deaths, was a very good quests chain line, some players may struggle in the Intrepid 2man chrons, they may need to bring a good geared friend,
    on the whole a good challenge and mysterious frollick with some unexpected twists.

    Only annoying thing was having to clear the entire Port Scion and then scour it back over twice fully on mount looking for Detectors as they are not marked nor can you target them so u have to clear all, which is a bit time sink, but that doesn't concern me (I want fall damage back!), but it may others. Bring on Part 3 !

    Swords In The Wind!

    The Mel.

  2. #2
    Phs
    Phs is offline
    Shield of Telara Phs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    744

    Default

    Port Scion was the worst part of then entire quest saga. The detectors needed to be marked/ not random spawn (different than when I did it on the PTS). I do not enjoy mindlessly searching for things. Then to find it behind a cart while being mauled by the entire map. Maybe that's just me.

  3. #3
    Thread of Fate Twinmoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    368

    Default

    Port Scion wasn't TOO difficult if you avoided the Bone Crushers (10m HP flesh golems). All you have to do is scan the sky for the light pillars that stream upward from each one. The zombies are easily avoided or blown up.

  4. #4
    RIFT Guide Writer Lethaemis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,002

    Default

    Felt too short for a saga that I have to wait two weeks for another part though
    12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM
    Lethaemis@Laethys 1600 Primalist

  5. #5
    Ascendant Meteorblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lethaemis View Post
    Felt too short for a saga
    You mean like back in vanilla when a saga questline actually was a saga and potentially had you working on it for weeks / months?

  6. #6
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    West Palm Beach
    Posts
    4,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meteorblade View Post
    You mean like back in vanilla when a saga questline actually was a saga and potentially had you working on it for weeks / months?
    1.) They were locked behind raids/large group content which imo was bad design
    2.) Since it was vanilla alot less people were max level when the two original saga's were around.

    The water saga which came a bit later you will note was completed much quicker, I would say faster than the air/nightmare saga's.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

  7. #7
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    351

    Default

    I would have liked a bit of stuff in a raid instances - something associated with the Ywalach would have been cool. Pretty much most guilds are getting it down these days so completing it wouldnt be hard. Few NTE's etc.. aswell for flavour,

    The vanilla saga however was meant to be played throughout your gaming experience from level 10 - 50. The water one even i did pretty quickly but as i recall had some pretty nice story. I'm not so bothered by the rewards att he moment. I'm faily likely to out gear them in the next few week anyways, i just want a cool story and some lore plus a few challenging quests along the way
    <Harshmallows> Gelidra shard

    Kuurgan - Level 65 Warrior
    Macleodd - Level 65 Mage
    Ramirezz - Level 65 Rogue

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple Cyng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wicksy View Post
    I would have liked a bit of stuff in a raid instances - something associated with the Ywalach would have been cool. Pretty much most guilds are getting it down these days so completing it wouldnt be hard. Few NTE's etc.. aswell for flavour,

    The vanilla saga however was meant to be played throughout your gaming experience from level 10 - 50. The water one even i did pretty quickly but as i recall had some pretty nice story. I'm not so bothered by the rewards att he moment. I'm faily likely to out gear them in the next few week anyways, i just want a cool story and some lore plus a few challenging quests along the way
    You can always make it more challenging by removing some of your gear. Nothing says you need to do them in your raid gear.

  9. #9
    Ascendant Slipmat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    6,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wicksy View Post
    Few NTE's etc..
    **Spoiler Alert **

    You'll get your wish in Act III, you must complete 5 NTEs, win 5 Warfronts, do Instant Adventures, collect Artifacts and i'm looking forward to the nerd rage from doing the puzzles in Steppes with a 100 other people running around and the "flame" quest at the Temple in the Dendrome

  10. #10
    Ascendant Samuraiko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Filming on the Internet
    Posts
    2,355

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    **Spoiler Alert **

    You'll get your wish in Act III, you must complete 5 NTEs, win 5 Warfronts, do Instant Adventures, collect Artifacts and i'm looking forward to the nerd rage from doing the puzzles in Steppes with a 100 other people running around and the "flame" quest at the Temple in the Dendrome
    Oh no... please, tell me you're joking, Slip.

    Artifacts, no problem.

    IAs, I can live with.

    Warfronts, I can keep doing til I somehow win 5.

    NTEs...?

    I'm doomed. I haven't even done them as STANDARD, let alone as EXPERT. And finding people willing to run them with a 'noob' who isn't geared out the *** is going to be nigh unto impossible.

    Which means... I am never finishing this saga.

    *cries*

    TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

    Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

  11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #11
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meliannia View Post
    on the whole a good challenge and mysterious frollick with some unexpected twists.
    Thanks - I'm glad you liked it, though hopefully, not everyone will complete it quite so quickly!

    For those who haven't done the Port Scion segment yet, as Twinmoon mentions, each objective is lit by a column of light rising above the buildings, so just scan the skyline and you should be fine .

  12. #12
    Ascendant Slipmat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    6,370

    Default

    ** Moar Spoilers Alert ***

    If people still have issues with the Port Scion items, here's a few spawn points i know off

    742 795 (the bridge, right where you port in)
    676 883
    631 815
    665 783
    795 852
    748 722
    689 716
    916 749
    658 877

    Don't panic, you only need to find Five of them, the above are just the spawn points i have found during a few runs on alts etc on PTS

  13. #13
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samuraiko View Post
    Oh no... please, tell me you're joking, Slip.

    Artifacts, no problem.

    IAs, I can live with.

    Warfronts, I can keep doing til I somehow win 5.

    NTEs...?

    I'm doomed. I haven't even done them as STANDARD, let alone as EXPERT. And finding people willing to run them with a 'noob' who isn't geared out the *** is going to be nigh unto impossible.

    Which means... I am never finishing this saga.

    *cries*
    pay me a rex and i'll carry you through all of them

  14.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #14
    Rift Team captaincursor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by palemoons View Post
    pay me a rex and i'll carry you through all of them
    Or get a group of RP oriented people, gear up together while acting out an epic saga of your own, then play through the dungeons and take the time to experience the lore of the dungeons.

  15. #15
    Ascendant Samuraiko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Filming on the Internet
    Posts
    2,355

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by captaincursor View Post
    Or get a group of RP oriented people, gear up together while acting out an epic saga of your own, then play through the dungeons and take the time to experience the lore of the dungeons.
    *grins*

    I can see it now... (especially because I play on Faeblight) We're going to be like Daffy Duck when he thinks he's Robin Hood.

    Us on the first boss fight...





    Us by the LAST boss fight...


    TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

    Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts