+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Gingers

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Additional Color Blind Options

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Additional Color Blind Options

Late last year we had a request from a players about adding some specific color blind options and I'm happy to report that those are currently being worked on!

This was the original request: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post4936670

With the next milestone update you will be able to change the color in the crafting recipes UI that shows the amount of material you are missing in dark red. You will also be able to change the color of the red in-game error messages (like skill failures).

If you are color-blind and have trouble with colors of any of the in-game text please reply here and let us know, or if you're concerned about privacy you can message me personally with your suggestions.

Thanks!

Soulwalker

I had a quick skim read of that that other post, so sorry if I missed this, and its not really to do with text, but another thing I've found difficult with colours is the effects.

The red trifurno part in the first boss of Gyel Fortress NTE, for example, is near impossible for me to see. I may be the only one, but would it be possible to add settings to make such things a bit more colourblind friendly?
    Last edited by Yuuki101; 07-29-2015 at 08:36 PM.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Yuuki101 View Post
    I had a quick skim read of that that other post, so sorry if I missed this, and its not really to do with text, but another thing I've found difficult with colours is the effects.

The red trifurno part in the first boss of Gyel Fortress NTE, for example, is near impossible for me to see. I may be the only one, but would it be possible to add settings to make such things a bit more colourblind friendly?
    Seconded. Ive made a couple of threads about this over the years. Some things in a raid setting (or even nightmare rifts, dungeons etc) are really hard to see.
    If youre using an Nvidia card you can use this to simulate how i raid (pic the hue is the important part. for me this helps to see most voids.). Thats what i have to do for a lot of content.
    And no i dont do this for random stuff but if im doing an instanced NMR or any sort of raid i will be using these settings on more bosses than you would think.
    Some of the void colors are really, reaaally bad for some people. (and i know were in the minortiy but its still a shame)
    Last edited by paschl; 07-29-2015 at 10:03 PM.
    killings - Mage - Apotheosys - Typhiria

+ Reply to Thread