Closed Thread
Like Tree11Likes
  • 3 Post By Shedelin
  • 7 Post By Salvatrix
  • 1 Post By Zepour

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: #Grrrrrr...Monday IA's...Bug with Silverwood IA Fight

Default #Grrrrrr...Monday IA's...Bug with Silverwood IA Fight

Good morning, all. Just a few minutes ago I had to resort to unlawful means to get a stupid IA done that was unfinishable. Allow me to elaborate...

I was participating in a Silverwood IA, and we were asked to take down 2 of the Goblin War Council. I thought, Ok, let's see what's done.

Well, just as we were getting ready to take them down, they called forth an Elemental Swarm...

Here's the spell:

Name: Elemental Swarm
    Spell Description: Goblin War Council calls forth an army of Flame Elementals to help. Makes caster immune to all damage for 10 seconds.

There is a MASSIVE bug with this spell, as the flame elementals summoned forth do not scale to the mentored level. Instead, they are summoned with respect to the player's ACTUAL level. So, for instance, if a bosses primary aggro on the list was, say, a level 63, the flame elementals will be summoned at level 63, not level 14, meaning they can one-shot you easily. Which is exactly what happened to the raid.

I finally had to quit the adventure (mostly out of desperation, partly because of the lag, and partly because there was a zone event that had started during the IA), get back up to level 64, and whip out my Infernal Torrent and get the bosses and all the flame elementals dead (flame elementals were level 52)

Every time we aggroed the bosses, he summoned a swarm of elementals. The situation was getting ridiculous. There had to be at least 100 flame elementals before i finally got out of the group and flamethrowed them to death. That, and there was massive lag because of the 100 flame elementals.

Trion, please fix the swarms so that they are summoned with respect to CASTER'S LEVEL, not ASCENDED'S ACTUAL LEVEL! If you can't do that, at least don't let him summon 100 flame elementals at a time.

And before anyone says "Don't they disappear once fight's over or target is dead", the flame elementals did not despawn.

Rant done.

Ascendant

*tips hat* for the great and detailed information !

This is something the devs can work with. Have you also submitted an in game bug ticket?

Last edited by Faerugue; 07-20-2015 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Faerugue View Post
    *tips hat* for the great and detailed information !

This is something the devs can work with. Have you also submitted an in game bug ticket?

Not yet, but thank you for telling me.

4.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #4
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Yes, indeed, it was very detailed info.

So detailed, that I was able to fix the issue in a couple of minutes!

The fix will likely be not this week, but the hot fix for the week following. I will disable that Adventure until then.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Sounds like the bug with IA involving a certain boss in Eastern Holdings (the name eludes me now, but I have reported it with the in-game bug reporting tool last week) where I've seen spawned adds ranging from level 10 to 65. The boss herself is level 54 I believe.

Also, Icka the Ill Toothed in Scarwood Reach spawns level 57 adds while the boss is around level 34 or so. These adds kinda hurt.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Zepour View Post
    Sounds like the bug with IA involving a certain boss in Eastern Holdings (the name eludes me now, but I have reported it with the in-game bug reporting tool last week) where I've seen spawned adds ranging from level 10 to 65. The boss herself is level 54 I believe.

Also, Icka the Ill Toothed in Scarwood Reach spawns level 57 adds while the boss is around level 34 or so. These adds kinda hurt.
    I don't know the one with Icka, but holy crap, I know the Eastern Holdings one. The bosses name is Shaviri the Nightmare, and it's when she summons the Living Sludges. At least with a bit of a teamwork and a bit of luck, you can defeat them.

However, I still fondly recall me running away from a Living Sludge while saying "HELP! Son of a cussing cuss word!" I still laugh when I think about it.

Because Tacitus fixed the issue and it will be deployed next week, I think this thread is done. For more bugs I found on bad days, hop over to my thread titled #Grrrrr...Hump Day Instant Adventures...Bug With Eastern Holdings IA. Link below:

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ldings-ia.html

Locking thread now before mods do. Thanks again for your help, Tacitus.

Closed Thread