+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree26Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: We love you Trion, but...

Quote Originally Posted by AsdMike View Post
    I get sick of all the fanbois that defend Trion to the very end no matter what.

When there is something wrong with the game we pay for and it is not working as intended I would expect people to say something about it. Yes I like RIFT. But when RIFT is broken and not working I do not like that.

If people stop complaining about something they have a right to complain about then its no longer a problem or priority to fix. Period.
    There is a difference between "complaining" and "notifying a problem" I pay for RIFT and have paid a lot of money in the past. But I can say personally Trion's the only company to ever make me feel refunded with issues when they give us exp boosts, and stuff to make up for it. Please tell me what other company does that, Blizzard inc? No. And you have to pay just to play that one. What about aeriagames? I think not. SO All I'm here doing is not complaining I'm simply putting my ideas about a bad situation into a potential solution instead of sitting back and saying "I'm paying for this why aren't i getting what I pay for (bleep)". Complaining is simply a act of a mind not strong enough to find a situation.

2.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #17

Quote Originally Posted by Raynekia View Post
    This is a forum to give Trion our love and support and help in any way we can to help them resolve that current issues. If you are here i asked you are nice and productive with helping us members come up with way to help our beloved Trion workers.

Trion,
    I am here today to ask what you could use from me a user of your amazing product RIFT. You have been a amazing company and have really allowed me something in most games i couldn't count on which was keep me [the costumer] informed threw all these issues. Which i appreciate, but let me ask you is there anything i can do as a player to help out? I know you have recently added a few game sand working on another your releasing games to steam and therefore your workforce must be stretch thin as of late. But have you thought of potentially expanding it? there are many ways to do it without a increase in salaries. For example what about us trusted loyal players, if you set up a volunteer program you could get free help from us with a little too much time on our hands. And maybe offer for such volunteers like a free 5 USD credit pack every so offend. It wouldn't cost you a dime and you would have extra help from the client basis you are servicing. I don't have many other ideas at the moment but I am still thinking. I'm asking us all as a gaming community to come together and help you in a tense time instead of having people rant and rave about these issues. Let do our part in trying to come up with ways to help our dear friend here Trion.

I'm sorry if i overstepped or I'm out of line, I'm just trying to be part of the solution as a posed to the problem. If i put this in the wrong area please inform me of such

Your loyal patron,
    Raynekia
    This is an idea which pops up from time to time and we really appreciate the show up support and desire to help. Unfortunately, things like this in a formalized program are extremely difficult. California labor laws are extremely strict, and we live in an excessively litigious society.

The good news is the RIFT team has been adding new folks over time and we're not pulling folks off for games like Devilian or Trove.There is some mobility within the company, people sometimes want a change, but that generally just means we can hire new folks to work on RIFT.

The best ways to help are to jump on the test server from time to time and help test stuff, and to let us know how you feel about things when they occur. Those two actions help us develop a better game that is more fun for you. I'll be organizing a playtest next week hopefully for a new PvP feature, if you like PvP I'd love to see you there (assuming the timing works of course).

When there is something wrong with the game we pay for and it is not working as intended I would expect people to say something about it. Yes I like RIFT. But when RIFT is broken and not working I do not like that.

If people stop complaining about something they have a right to complain about then its no longer a problem or priority to fix. Period.
    Im not a fanboy for sure. Unlike you, i appreciate what Trions do for the ppl, so they can play quality content for "free", you know... where you don't pay a single dime to the game, but you can experience the whole scenario just like the players that pays for monthly patron status.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    This is an idea which pops up from time to time and we really appreciate the show up support and desire to help. Unfortunately, things like this in a formalized program are extremely difficult. California labor laws are extremely strict, and we live in an excessively litigious society.

The good news is the RIFT team has been adding new folks over time and we're not pulling folks off for games like Devilian or Trove.There is some mobility within the company, people sometimes want a change, but that generally just means we can hire new folks to work on RIFT.

The best ways to help are to jump on the test server from time to time and help test stuff, and to let us know how you feel about things when they occur. Those two actions help us develop a better game that is more fun for you. I'll be organizing a playtest next week hopefully for a new PvP feature, if you like PvP I'd love to see you there (assuming the timing works of course).
    That's understandable, but there are many ways I'm sure we can help without infringing on laws. We just need to think sometimes. And yes I love pvp and Will be there. I appreciate your reaching out. Thank you for being only company to actually treat the players as people, not a invisible mass.

new pvp feature?
    Interesting, can't wait to hear more

Bugs love me, no matter which game I venture into..they find me.

I would love to come along to pts to say hi again.

Just let me (us) know of the dates and be sure to equip your crash helmets on my arrival.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post

When the game America's Army came out, they asked for volunteers to become full time beta testers. Proof of Age was required as well as an electronically signed NDA. I was part of that for nearly two years. We worked as non-paid volunteers to test each and every patch. We worked hand in hand with the developers, often on TeamSpeak and through a dedicated Beta Test Forum. We were often tasked to try and reproduce bugs that they were aware of, but had not been able to nail down the causes. We were also asked to pretty much hunt down anything we could find as a glitch by sometimes spending hours engaged in repetitive tasks like walking up to, jumping up and down on, and shooting every terrain object just to see if something would go wrong. It also added an additional layer above what the in-house alpha test was capable of detecting/replicating.

Perhaps a similar program could be looked into with Rift or Trion in general. If I recall, it initially started with 1,000 volunteers and expanded from there. Compensation in the form of in-game currencies would be nice, but I suspect there wouldn't be much trouble finding people to fill this role without such (AA, being an FPS didn't have anything that could be given in-game to the testers, although we had a special symbol on the live servers that indicated our Tester status and the prestige of that as well as helping to improve the game overall were sufficient).

Ascendant

You'll find my posting history riddled with suggestions, criticisms, and the occasional bout of barely-tempered frustration. What you will not find is whining about server down-time or bugs, especially after a very large patch.

Rift is a MMORPG of significant complexity. It also receives regular content updates. Bugs and the occasional server down-time to deal with unexpected complications are to be expected. Having the forums flooded with petty whining every time there is unexpected (and/or lengthy) down time is the unfortunate result of a juvenile subset of Rift's player base.

Rift is not a crucial service. It is a game. If it so happens that the servers are down when you want to play: show some maturity; do not flip a table; do not rant in the forums; do find something else to do with your time. I'd highly suggest everyone have a back-up game (mine is Civ 5) to play during unexpected down times, or just when you need a short-term break from the game.

Word! I for one don't complain about downtime. Especcially when it occurs after playing the game for six hours straight. (Don't judge ) I see it as time for well deserved break ;)

Active Dimensions - Mupi's Home

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2